• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm considering in investing in cosmetic surgery...

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Um, yoga? Seriously?
Yes, it is a perfect way to empty your mind.

How can you tell I'm self-conscious just by looking at photos?
Can you see any difference between these expressions?

peering-blinds.jpg

brad-pitt-angelina-jolie-moca-mates-02.jpg

Last edited:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
all us ne fi people notice is your vibe...the person you seem to be and where you're coming from. that's it.....well mostly...we can see the other stuff too obviously but were blind to it if the other part is distracting.

+1, except I'd change "ne fi people" to "women"

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's another question: What nationality do I look like the most?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
when he's not trying to hard to be creepy i like uber's personality.

"Trying too hard to be creepy" probably sums up his issues with women. I mean if you're going to try hard to act like a rapist, you should should at least look like harmless metrosexual Eurotrash, and not like you are a character on that irritating metal show that comes on Adult Swim late at night.

But hey some chicks like that kind of thing. I wonder if he's just not targeting those sorts of chicks. This would pose a serious problem.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Exactly! This is what I've been trying to ask all along! I want to look very good. I would like to get feedback on what to change. What separates very good looks from other kinds of looks? And I figured that heterosexual women would have the best perspective on this sort of thing.
We've answered :)
I think a lot of people did answer you, heterosexual women included, and the answer was "facial expression" (which comes from within, which is why people said that you should work on yourself).

Yes, facial expression plays a HUGE part in 'good looks'.
You don't ever seem to smile. And like someone mentioned in the thread, you seem to give a sort of a Darth Vader stare which isn't an attractive thing to 'do'. And always always the shades. You should lose them. Infact you look much better in the 3rd pic without the shades.
All of these.

Listen to them, Uber! They are valid and you don't have to block them out with your Ni tunnel vision.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How can you tell I'm self-conscious just by looking at photos?
Because you look like you're putting on an image. If you weren't self-conscious, you would look more natural. What really makes you look self-conscious/forced/etc are the additions you make to your photos, to take attention away from you and how you look; because if you're wearing sunglasses, you're sitting in the dark, and you're posing, people aren't going to be thinking about your facial features, let alone deciding whether or not they appeal to them. But if it was just you, with a minimal amount of stuff in the background, and possibly with you smiling, then people would actually be able to see you.

Think about this objectively: Who can decide whether or not you're attractive, if all those other factors are standing in the way? If you're in the dark, and wearing sunglasses, what good would plastic surgery do? No one would see the effects of the surgery, because you would be in the dark.

Edit: Here's another example. You know how on Facebook, some girls (and maybe a few guys, but more girls) only use webcam/Myspace photos as their profile pictures? That also shows self-consciousness -- because only when they have perfect control over how they look in pictures, are they comfortable showing those pictures to the world. (This is an especially good example when those girls only use webcam/Myspace photos that they have digitally edited!)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Because you look like you're putting on an image. If you weren't self-conscious, you would look more natural. What really makes you look self-conscious/forced/etc are the additions you make to your photos, to take attention away from you and how you look; because if you're wearing sunglasses, you're sitting in the dark, and you're posing, people aren't going to be thinking about your facial features, let alone deciding whether or not they appeal to them. But if it was just you, with a minimal amount of stuff in the background, and possibly with you smiling, then people would actually be able to see you.

Think about this objectively: Who can decide whether or not you're attractive, if all those other factors are standing in the way? If you're in the dark, and wearing sunglasses, what good would plastic surgery do? No one would see the effects of the surgery, because you would be in the dark.

Edit: Here's another example. You know how on Facebook, some girls (and maybe a few guys, but more girls) only use webcam/Myspace photos as their profile pictures? That also shows self-consciousness -- because only when they have perfect control over how they look in pictures, are they comfortable showing those pictures to the world. (This is an especially good example when those girls only use webcam/Myspace photos that they have digitally edited!)

Some people have an image and that's fine. There's nothing wrong with having an image.

What's wrong is if his image isn't working for him.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Some people have an image and that's fine. There's nothing wrong with having an image.
Right, I understand that. I was defining "self-consciousness" as meaning hyper-awareness of how you're coming across at any given moment, and wanting to avoid coming across in a particular way (which is different depending on the person). I wasn't saying that was a bad thing all the time. That's why I added the other example -- because it's so incredibly common/everyday, and not something you'd want to stage an intervention about.

He asked, how can you tell when someone's self-conscious from a photo? And that was my answer.
What's wrong is if his image isn't working for him.
Indeed! Herein lies the problem.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I wasn't really trying to look like a rapist, FWIW.

It's not that you're trying to look like a rapist but the way you act, it kind of reminds me a teenaged boy trying to be all heavy metal and rebellious. Not that I have a problem with teenaged boys...the death metal meme just doesn't appeal to me.

And in your photos it's like you're trying to project that, like you're trying to project "scary." The problem with trying to project "scary" if you aren't a pretty boy...is that you might actually look scary, or just plain weird.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, if I don't have pretty boy looks, then the only way to solve it is through cosmetic surgery. But as I've said before, I'm confused as to what constitutes pretty boy looks, mainly because I'm not attracted to men.

A

A window to the soul

Well, if I don't have pretty boy looks, then the only way to solve it is through cosmetic surgery. But as I've said before, I'm confused as to what constitutes pretty boy looks, mainly because I'm not attracted to men.

A pretty boy looks like a frat daddy that goes to the football games wearing his sweater tied around his waist like a kilt and he sits on the wrong side. All of the real men make fun of him.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

UGH I don't mean you should become a pretty boy. Some women detest pretty boys. It's fine to look manly. But manly + scary is off-putting to many females, especially if it seems overdone.

There is a small group of women, though, that you could target who would want exactly what you have to offer. I would suggest hanging out on web sites that promote some kind of cultural stuff you're interested in (besides MBTI) to find these chicks.

Actually, you're in Vegas. There should be some chicks like that in Vegas.

Don't listen to me, because all women like different things. HOWEVER, I do think that "trying too hard" to be scary is off-putting if it's not funny, genuine, or obviously not really scary.

For example, I swear when you and [MENTION=4347]Antisocial one[/MENTION] (and I don't know what he looks like) try to act like you're all sinister, like it just makes me roll my eyes. Like I want to pat you on the head.

When other people who shall remain nameless try to act sinister, it's amusing or even funny. It should be schtick, not like "oooh look at me I'm scary!"

But again - there actually is a niche for that, for the trying too hard to be scary female version. You've just gotta find these wimmenz, or stop your shit.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
A pretty boy looks like a frat daddy that goes to the football games wearing his sweater tied around his waist like a kilt and he sits on the wrong side. All of the real men make fun of him.

Hey, I like pretty boys, so you STFU.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Are you telling me you're not into males such as these?

UGH I don't mean you should become a pretty boy. Some women detest pretty boys. It's fine to look manly. But manly + scary is off-putting to many females, especially if it seems overdone.

There is a small group of women, though, that you could target who would want exactly what you have to offer. I would suggest hanging out on web sites that promote some kind of cultural stuff you're interested in (besides MBTI) to find these chicks.

Actually, you're in Vegas. There should be some chicks like that in Vegas.

Based on the dating profiles I've viewed, a pretty boy is exactly what women seem to want. And what does this whole "having something to offer" thing mean? Moreover, what do you feel I "have to offer" them?