• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I'm considering in investing in cosmetic surgery...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, since I apparently don't have a good personality, I need to compensate for it via my looks.

What is a good personality? Looking at things more broadly it seems you may get better bang for your buck working on interpersonal skills than plastic surgery. You'll get a better result and it's less risky.

I think as I read this thread, you appear to be getting a lot of good advice. You don't seem to be listening however. That might be one place to start - work on active listening skills.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
if i started dating some guy and found out he had plastic surgery out of pure vanity...i'd be totally turned off...so...that's something to consider...possibly

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
if i started dating some guy and found out he had plastic surgery out of pure vanity...i'd be totally turned off...so...that's something to consider...possibly

Well, this isn't out of pure vanity. My suggestion is out of self-improvement. Didn't you see my chin? It makes me look weak. Women will associate this with...weakness.

And what if someone you dated got a liposuction? What would you say then? Would you consider it vanity?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, this isn't out of pure vanity. My suggestion is out of self-improvement. Didn't you see my chin? It makes me look weak. Women will associate this with...weakness.

And what if someone you dated got a liposuction? What would you say then? Would you consider it vanity?

Hey was beginning to wonder if you had me on ignore haha
And.. Hmm maybe I tend to think most weight issues can be fixed with proper nutrition and physical activity but the important thing to realize here is that almost everybody has some feature that they find less than ideal and if their mind isn't straight it could lead them to obsess about...really everyone...

Usehername

On a mission
My suggestion is out of self-improvement. Didn't you see my chin? It makes me look weak. Women will associate this with...weakness.

Speaking in generalizations, women sense (un)healthy self-esteem quicker than they sense physical characteristics. You're trying to win with an audience of women while focusing on male-audience concerns. How can an NT be so illogical? [MENTION=294]The Ü[/MENTION], stop giving INTJs a bad name and use logic here. Instead of bending all of women-kind to be superficial, why don't you do what's easier and start (healthily) tearing down your personality to build up a better version of yourself? Like a movie script, take the core elements and good parts, but totally revise it for a better version of itself.

I believe you can do it once you accept that you have some hard work to do. If it was easy you would have done it already. Until you get to that place of acceptance I believe you'll fail at achieving your desired outcomes.

*please allow for my gross over-generalizations in an effort to get through to him

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've come to terms that I am not a conventionally attractive male. The trouble is, I don't know precisely what about my face is unattractive, mainly because I don't pay attention to the details of facial beauty. So I need an objective assessment.

What are parts about my face that I should adjust? For example, is my nose too big? Is my face too wide? Be upfront with me, what should I do about my facial appearance that will make me look more attractive?

Here are some pics:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46520&p=1667296&viewfull=1#post1667296

And here's one I took yesterday:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/the-.html

I don't think you're ugly/bad looking, but at the same time, I wouldn't discourage you from pursuing affordable cosmetic surgery. I see nothing wrong with wanting to go from the high end of average to drop dead sexy (I'm considering a bit of cosmetic surgery myself, mainly a nose job)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Speaking in generalizations, women sense (un)healthy self-esteem quicker than they sense physical characteristics. You're trying to win with an audience of women while focusing on male-audience concerns. How can an NT be so illogical? [MENTION=294]The Ü[/MENTION], stop giving INTJs a bad name and use logic here. Instead of bending all of women-kind to be superficial, why don't you do what's easier and start (healthily) tearing down your personality to build up a better version of yourself? Like a movie script, take the core elements and good parts, but totally revise it for a better version of itself.

I believe you can do it once you accept that you have some hard work to do. If it was easy you would have done it already. Until you get to that place of acceptance I believe you'll fail at achieving your desired outcomes.

*please allow for my gross over-generalizations in an effort to get through to him

What hard work are you speaking of?

How are you suggesting I "tear down" my personality?

I don't think you're ugly/bad looking, but at the same time, I wouldn't discourage you from pursuing affordable cosmetic surgery. I see nothing wrong with wanting to go from the high end of average to drop dead sexy (I'm considering a bit of cosmetic surgery myself, mainly a nose job)

Finally! Someone is telling me how average I look. What should I get done besides mentoplasty? Should I consider rhinoplasty as well? Or even something else?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
It's like you're treating the whole thread as your own personal echo chamber.

Waiting for it to tell you the things you want to hear. (like above)

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
what's wrong with average? i look average and i don't see the need to get plastic surgery. uber stop being a dumbass and listen to the advice given to you

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I were above average, then I would be getting what I want by now.

No, you wouldn't. The most gorgeous guy in the world won't be able to find someone to date him if he gives off a creepy vibe.

It's honestly not that hard to stop, either. You just don't want to because you have your ego wrapped up in being prickly and antisocial and racist. If you have money burning in your pocket, 1000$ of therapy will get you WAY further than 1000$ of surgery....both in terms of your own happiness and in terms of how attractive you are to other people.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
No, you wouldn't. The most gorgeous guy in the world won't be able to find someone to date him if he gives off a creepy vibe.

It's honestly not that hard to stop, either. You just don't want to because you have your ego wrapped up in being prickly and antisocial and racist. If you have money burning in your pocket, 1000$ of therapy will get you WAY further than 1000$ of surgery....both in terms of your own happiness and in terms of how attractive you are to other people.
listen to her

A

Anew Leaf

This.

Originally I thought this whole narcissistic thing was an act, but now I no longer think that.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I've known of a paranoid schizophrenic guy getting laid because of his good looks, despite being creepy as hell (and he's the type who will openly think a woman is into him just because she gives him a glance or says "Hi").

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've come to terms that I am not a conventionally attractive male. The trouble is, I don't know precisely what about my face is unattractive, mainly because I don't pay attention to the details of facial beauty. So I need an objective assessment.

What are parts about my face that I should adjust? For example, is my nose too big? Is my face too wide? Be upfront with me, what should I do about my facial appearance that will make me look more attractive?

Here are some pics:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46520&p=1667296&viewfull=1#post1667296

And here's one I took yesterday:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/the-.html

Alright Uber. I'm gonna do what no one else is doing and tell you the truth.

The truth is, you can probably use a little plastic surgery. You're not terrible looking, true, but everyone can use a touch up here and there, and there's nothing wrong with that. Girls use make up, guys will shave and style themselves. We all enhance our appearance in different ways.

So, my suggestions. I would bring your nose in just a little, making it a little narrower. Your ears and eyes are fine, imo, but I would perhaps lift your cheekbones a little. Then, you may want to shave just a little bit off your chin, to round out your features. From that point, it's really about styling yourself. A good outfit and a nice haircut can really go a long way.

I've taken the liberty of coming up with a composite of what I think you're capable of achieving if you took some/most of these suggestions. Let me know what you think.

http://bit.ly/K8Xzoz

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I've known of a paranoid schizophrenic guy getting laid because of his good looks, despite being creepy as hell (and he's the type who will openly think a woman is into him just because she gives him a glance or says "Hi").

If he's getting laid because of his looks maybe he's right about women being into him.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, you're just looking for casual sex. In that case, a hooker is cheaper than plastic surgery, and is also guaranteed sex. Being good looking guarantees nothing.

(I also don't trust your assessment of what's "creepy as hell", or that your friend was laid purely "because of his good looks", but it's not something that can be refuted online so hey.)