User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I looked at your photos. What kind of women are you trying to attract? The death stare reminds me of a MySpace type picture. You look fine. Your style of picture would have been off putting to me back when I was looking for someone.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I looked at your photos. What kind of women are you trying to attract? The death stare reminds me of a MySpace type picture. You look fine. Your style of picture would have been off putting to me back when I was looking for someone.
    Wait, i look fine, but the style of picture is off putting? This is sorta contradictory.

Maybe my problem is in the eyes. Maybe they're too dark? Too large?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Come on! He doesn't really want to have plastic surgery, he's just fishing for compliments! Thankfully he's not as bad as another INTJ that used to post here was. He was just pitiful the way he always went on and on about being an ugly loser and everyone kept telling him, "you look great" and pumping up his ego. *yawn*

Edit: I'm with Usehername. Get a better haircut. As for coming off as creepy and someone people should avoid, there's not much you can do about that, but they say there's someone for everyone so at least there's that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Wait, i look fine, but the style of picture is off putting? This is sorta contradictory.

Maybe my problem is in the eyes. Maybe they're too dark? Too large?
    No, it's more the "I'm going to take you back to my place and murder you in cold blood" look that is a little unsettling. I think as much as you can, also try to avoid pictures taken in dark environments with lighting coming from below the face. Makes you look scary. Dark eyes are nice. So are large eyes.

I don't think I've ever seen you smile for a picture. Is there any particular reason for that? I don't mean a glued on fake smile, but something that involves relaxing your eyes and facial muscles a little into something that invites the viewer to approach you. Are you especially attached to that particular look? Do you dislike your teeth? Did you have Botox that froze your face into a tense position? Are you looking for someone who's into that murderer look? Give us something to work with here!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I wonder if it's possible for my eyes to be larger or at least look larger?

As for the dark lighting pictures, I take those so that attention is drawn to the subject and not the background. And because I look cooler in those photos.

What is this serial killer look that you speak of? I figured it was a look that I did on purpose, but now I'm finding that maybe I naturally look this way. Maybe I can pinpoint the parts that I need to change.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Don't do surgery. You don't "need" it (almost no one does, IMO). I echo getting new clothes & a better haircut. Your personality will work better with something sleeker, tailored, a tad dark & artistic, IMO. Then you can be mysterious, cool INTJ & not creepy INTJ.

Also, start working out (if you don't already). It will make you FEEL better about yourself, which is more significant than any actual changes to your body, IMO.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I hear getting tailored clothing is expensive. And typically, I wear black; can't get much darker than that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Go for normal lighting. Anytime you think something makes you look cooler, avoid it!!!!!
    Look like you don't hate the world.
    Allow the muscles around you eyes to squinch up a bit as if you are happy, or at least relaxed.
    Smile.

Uber, unless you are autistic, I really can't imagine that these kinds of tips can be ones that's aren't pretty obvious. You really seem to be trying hard to make this all about something that you can't change about yourself. I would venture to say that 99% of what concerns you is purely internally driven. As you become more happy, relaxed and open towards people, your looks will also reflect that.

I believe the suggestions about working out are not because you look out of shape, but rather because when you feel like you look your best, and when you feel healthy as well, you carry yourself differently and relate to people in a different way. Exercise is a huge destressor and it also gives you confidence and a sense of accomplishment when you challenge yourself and see progress happening.

Tailored doesn't have to mean altered to fit you perfectly, but rather that you should choose something that follows the shape of your body a bit rather than being baggy or tight. Generally that is the most flattering for everyone.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    If you are content and resilient yourself, the world is going to look like a decent place and you can find happiness, even when your circumstances are difficult. If you aren't content or resilient, you will also find yourself mistrustful of people at the same time as wanting acceptance from them. At the same time, you will continue doing exactly what is not working for you.

You will only want people in your life if you can remain in control of the interaction, and most people just don't respond well to that. It is difficult to be happy for anyone's success, because everything is a competition. When you start getting closer to someone, you do something to sabotage it.

You need to be able to care for other people's needs as well as allowing yours to be taken care of. That requires taking the risk of being vulnerable and building trust. It is not instant, and it does make it possible for you to get hurt, but if you don't start working on it now, it will delay your happiness that many years longer.
    Fuck... you might as well have been talking about me.

I've been wanting to talk about this, but the time and effort it takes me to articulate my thoughts when they concern my emotions is prohibitively large.

I need to figure out how to get close to people again.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

You do not want to see my smile. Trust me. And my eyes are in their normal, relaxed position in those photos. But I'll try different experiments and post them.