User Tag List

First 23313233343543 Last

Glycerine

@Saturned and I were thinking about shaking and hugging him simultaneously.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Doesn't matter! I think it's safe to say that if you're being yourself, and you're putting yourself out there, then your chances at finding a girl who likes you are much higher. And I think Halla74 has said, either on this thread or another thread, that if a girl starts dating you with the assumption that you are someone different, then things won't be pretty when she finds out that you were essentially fooling her the entire time.
    Exactly!

(Only he phrased it significantly better than I did!)
    No, my friend, I think you phrased that aspect of truth perfectly.
    There's no you, like the real you.

It's so much easier to be yourself than to try and live your life by contrived expectations of any origin.
    There are parts of our lives that will change, like our careers or our educational interests - such changes are normal and in many cases good, as they signify growth.

But the core of who you are, that was defined during the formative moments of your life - and going against them because you don't accept yourself, that's just not going to result in a whole lot of good.

As the great and wise @EJCC pointed out, wasting someone else's life and trust and happiness with illusions cast out of a lack of self-acceptance, that is just not cool. You're much better off using that time to grow into your own head, and figure out what you need to do in order to use your gifts and interests to pick a path in life and start blazing down it. THAT is where people who are right for you, and good for you, are best yet who you are good for too, simply because you're being yourself!

Remember -- healthy relationships are based on honesty.
    This cannot be said often enough.

-Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I thought I was being called in to balance out all that warm and cuddly Fe. My bad.
    I may be confusing Te and Fi... Whichever one uses unfiltered honesty to get a point across, that's what I was calling you in for. Because you are good at that!

Edit:
    @The Ü... Listen to Halla!! He may have called me wise, but he is much wiser than me by virtue of age, life experience, and having successfully found himself a girl by being true to himself and not by having plastic surgery!!

The man knows what he is talking about. He should be your role model.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    @Saturned and I were thinking about shaking and hugging him simultaneously.
    NF hug attack is hilarious when applied to NTs.

I may be confusing Te and Fi... Whichever one uses unfiltered honesty to get a point across, that's what I was calling you in for. Because you are good at that!

Edit:
    @The Ü... Listen to Halla!! He may have called me wise, but he is much wiser than me by virtue of age, life experience, and having successfully found himself a girl by being true to himself and not by having plastic surgery!!

The man knows what he is talking about. He should be your role model.
    More men should use @Halla74 as their role model. There would be a lot happier women out there.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    More men should use @Halla74 as their role model. There would be a lot happier women out there.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Also, before Uber says anything -- it doesn't matter that he's an ESTP/J and you're an INTJ. What matters is that he exudes confidence and honesty and is generally a thoughtful and chivalrous person. Girls love these things, and none of them are type-related.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    yupp

That is completely untrue to how prpl operates. Can you imagine her bullshitting anyone like that?? @prplchknz, vouch for me!

Also, the majority of people don't act like that -- because the majority of people are too self-involved to focus all of their energy on collectively fooling one person. The only time I could think of that happening would be "The Truman Show" -- and that scenario is statistically unlikely!

Doesn't matter! I think it's safe to say that if you're being yourself, and you're putting yourself out there, then your chances at finding a girl who likes you are much higher. And I think @Halla74 has said, either on this thread or another thread, that if a girl starts dating you with the assumption that you are someone different, then things won't be pretty when she finds out that you were essentially fooling her the entire time. (Only he phrased it significantly better than I did!)

Remember -- healthy relationships are based on honesty.
    What did i say im on my phone
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I do not know what you just said...
    I hope you find help in the wisdom others have already shared in this thread.

I will pray for you.

Anew Leaf

Truer words have never been spoken.

Also, before Uber says anything -- it doesn't matter that he's an ESTP/J and you're an INTJ. What matters is that he exudes confidence and honesty and is generally a thoughtful and chivalrous person. Girls love these things, and none of them are type-related.

He gives great advice with no bullshit or strings attached.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    What did i say im on my phone
    Here's what prompted me to quote you:
    I don't think showing off my "real self" is such a good idea. People will think I'm insufferably boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Then why does prplchknz like your personality when you're being normal?
    It's probably an attempt to make me feel better.

MBTI
    yupp

Here's what prompted me to quote you:
    Oh yeah i was being truthful,but Some,people cant take compliments so fuck them
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so