User Tag List

First 20282930313240 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Some people have an image and that's fine. There's nothing wrong with having an image.
    Right, I understand that. I was defining "self-consciousness" as meaning hyper-awareness of how you're coming across at any given moment, and wanting to avoid coming across in a particular way (which is different depending on the person). I wasn't saying that was a bad thing all the time. That's why I added the other example -- because it's so incredibly common/everyday, and not something you'd want to stage an intervention about.

He asked, how can you tell when someone's self-conscious from a photo? And that was my answer.
    What's wrong is if his image isn't working for him.
    Indeed! Herein lies the problem.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I wasn't really trying to look like a rapist, FWIW.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I wasn't really trying to look like a rapist, FWIW.
    It's not that you're trying to look like a rapist but the way you act, it kind of reminds me a teenaged boy trying to be all heavy metal and rebellious. Not that I have a problem with teenaged boys...the death metal meme just doesn't appeal to me.

And in your photos it's like you're trying to project that, like you're trying to project "scary." The problem with trying to project "scary" if you aren't a pretty boy...is that you might actually look scary, or just plain weird.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, if I don't have pretty boy looks, then the only way to solve it is through cosmetic surgery. But as I've said before, I'm confused as to what constitutes pretty boy looks, mainly because I'm not attracted to men.

A window to the soul

Well, if I don't have pretty boy looks, then the only way to solve it is through cosmetic surgery. But as I've said before, I'm confused as to what constitutes pretty boy looks, mainly because I'm not attracted to men.
    A pretty boy looks like a frat daddy that goes to the football games wearing his sweater tied around his waist like a kilt and he sits on the wrong side. All of the real men make fun of him.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

UGH I don't mean you should become a pretty boy. Some women detest pretty boys. It's fine to look manly. But manly + scary is off-putting to many females, especially if it seems overdone.

There is a small group of women, though, that you could target who would want exactly what you have to offer. I would suggest hanging out on web sites that promote some kind of cultural stuff you're interested in (besides MBTI) to find these chicks.

Actually, you're in Vegas. There should be some chicks like that in Vegas.

Don't listen to me, because all women like different things. HOWEVER, I do think that "trying too hard" to be scary is off-putting if it's not funny, genuine, or obviously not really scary.

For example, I swear when you and @Antisocial one (and I don't know what he looks like) try to act like you're all sinister, like it just makes me roll my eyes. Like I want to pat you on the head.

When other people who shall remain nameless try to act sinister, it's amusing or even funny. It should be schtick, not like "oooh look at me I'm scary!"

But again - there actually is a niche for that, for the trying too hard to be scary female version. You've just gotta find these wimmenz, or stop your shit.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    A pretty boy looks like a frat daddy that goes to the football games wearing his sweater tied around his waist like a kilt and he sits on the wrong side. All of the real men make fun of him.
    Hey, I like pretty boys, so you STFU.

A window to the soul

Hey, I like pretty boys, so you STFU.
    And real men make fun of him.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

And real men make fun of him.
    NO U!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Are you telling me you're not into males such as these?

UGH I don't mean you should become a pretty boy. Some women detest pretty boys. It's fine to look manly. But manly + scary is off-putting to many females, especially if it seems overdone.

There is a small group of women, though, that you could target who would want exactly what you have to offer. I would suggest hanging out on web sites that promote some kind of cultural stuff you're interested in (besides MBTI) to find these chicks.

Actually, you're in Vegas. There should be some chicks like that in Vegas.
    Based on the dating profiles I've viewed, a pretty boy is exactly what women seem to want. And what does this whole "having something to offer" thing mean? Moreover, what do you feel I "have to offer" them?