User Tag List

First 19272829303139 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Um, yoga? Seriously?
    Yes, it is a perfect way to empty your mind.

How can you tell I'm self-conscious just by looking at photos?
    Can you see any difference between these expressions?

Last edited by Rasofy; 05-01-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: changed pic
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Are those before-and-after photos?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    all us ne fi people notice is your vibe...the person you seem to be and where you're coming from. that's it.....well mostly...we can see the other stuff too obviously but were blind to it if the other part is distracting.
    +1, except I'd change "ne fi people" to "women"
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    +1, except I'd change "ne fi people" to "women"
    You're totally right aren't you... It does seem like it applies to most women.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Here's another question: What nationality do I look like the most?

Anew Leaf

Here's another question: What nationality do I look like the most?
    International House of Pancakes.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    when he's not trying to hard to be creepy i like uber's personality.
    "Trying too hard to be creepy" probably sums up his issues with women. I mean if you're going to try hard to act like a rapist, you should should at least look like harmless metrosexual Eurotrash, and not like you are a character on that irritating metal show that comes on Adult Swim late at night.

But hey some chicks like that kind of thing. I wonder if he's just not targeting those sorts of chicks. This would pose a serious problem.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Exactly! This is what I've been trying to ask all along! I want to look very good. I would like to get feedback on what to change. What separates very good looks from other kinds of looks? And I figured that heterosexual women would have the best perspective on this sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    We've answered
    Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    I think a lot of people did answer you, heterosexual women included, and the answer was "facial expression" (which comes from within, which is why people said that you should work on yourself).

Yes, facial expression plays a HUGE part in 'good looks'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    You don't ever seem to smile. And like someone mentioned in the thread, you seem to give a sort of a Darth Vader stare which isn't an attractive thing to 'do'. And always always the shades. You should lose them. Infact you look much better in the 3rd pic without the shades.
    All of these.

Listen to them, Uber! They are valid and you don't have to block them out with your Ni tunnel vision.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

How can you tell I'm self-conscious just by looking at photos?
    Because you look like you're putting on an image. If you weren't self-conscious, you would look more natural. What really makes you look self-conscious/forced/etc are the additions you make to your photos, to take attention away from you and how you look; because if you're wearing sunglasses, you're sitting in the dark, and you're posing, people aren't going to be thinking about your facial features, let alone deciding whether or not they appeal to them. But if it was just you, with a minimal amount of stuff in the background, and possibly with you smiling, then people would actually be able to see you.

Think about this objectively: Who can decide whether or not you're attractive, if all those other factors are standing in the way? If you're in the dark, and wearing sunglasses, what good would plastic surgery do? No one would see the effects of the surgery, because you would be in the dark.

Edit: Here's another example. You know how on Facebook, some girls (and maybe a few guys, but more girls) only use webcam/Myspace photos as their profile pictures? That also shows self-consciousness -- because only when they have perfect control over how they look in pictures, are they comfortable showing those pictures to the world. (This is an especially good example when those girls only use webcam/Myspace photos that they have digitally edited!)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Because you look like you're putting on an image. If you weren't self-conscious, you would look more natural. What really makes you look self-conscious/forced/etc are the additions you make to your photos, to take attention away from you and how you look; because if you're wearing sunglasses, you're sitting in the dark, and you're posing, people aren't going to be thinking about your facial features, let alone deciding whether or not they appeal to them. But if it was just you, with a minimal amount of stuff in the background, and possibly with you smiling, then people would actually be able to see you.

Think about this objectively: Who can decide whether or not you're attractive, if all those other factors are standing in the way? If you're in the dark, and wearing sunglasses, what good would plastic surgery do? No one would see the effects of the surgery, because you would be in the dark.

Edit: Here's another example. You know how on Facebook, some girls (and maybe a few guys, but more girls) only use webcam/Myspace photos as their profile pictures? That also shows self-consciousness -- because only when they have perfect control over how they look in pictures, are they comfortable showing those pictures to the world. (This is an especially good example when those girls only use webcam/Myspace photos that they have digitally edited!)
    Some people have an image and that's fine. There's nothing wrong with having an image.

What's wrong is if his image isn't working for him.