Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I've known of a paranoid schizophrenic guy getting laid because of his good looks, despite being creepy as hell (and he's the type who will openly think a woman is into him just because she gives him a glance or says "Hi").
    Does he have a really nice body? You know, I remember doing a project for orthomolecular therapy in psychiatry for my anatomy class in high school (we had to research a major disease and it's treatment, and I chose schizophrenia) ...and reading that schizophrenics are on average attractive people.

Wonder why that is.

Anyway, it also could be the *type* of girls he's picking up. Those girls may not be picky. Or he may have low standards himself. OR despite his schizophrenia, he's probably quite intelligent (schizophrenics often are) and if he's confident...well.

I have a hard time picturing him being a severe schizophrenic, though. I've known severe schizophrenics and they're pretty obvious.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Alright Uber. I'm gonna do what no one else is doing and tell you the truth.

The truth is, you can probably use a little plastic surgery. You're not terrible looking, true, but everyone can use a touch up here and there, and there's nothing wrong with that. Girls use make up, guys will shave and style themselves. We all enhance our appearance in different ways.

So, my suggestions. I would bring your nose in just a little, making it a little narrower. Your ears and eyes are fine, imo, but I would perhaps lift your cheekbones a little. Then, you may want to shave just a little bit off your chin, to round out your features. From that point, it's really about styling yourself. A good outfit and a nice haircut can really go a long way.
    To everyone else: is this so hard? I seriously should get someone to improve my appearance in Photoshop just to get a clearer image on what the outcome would be. Personally, I'm bad with Photoshop.

I'm totally open to more suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Oh, you're just looking for casual sex. In that case, a hooker is cheaper than plastic surgery, and is also guaranteed sex. Being good looking guarantees nothing.

(I also don't trust your assessment of what's "creepy as hell", or that your friend was laid purely "because of his good looks", but it's not something that can be refuted online so hey.)
    Not casual sex. And I'm debating about hookers, as prostitution is illegal, and more importantly, it's not like the hooker will have any interest in me beyond monetary gain. I'd like to think I could get it for free, or at least be offered the proposition.

And apparently, this dude creeps people out as soon as he opens his mouth.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

To everyone else: is this so hard?
    So you wanted us to lie?
    Jebus, Uber, why didn't you say that in the first place?

[More seriously, Edahn's entitled to his opinion, as are we, btw.]
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Because I see the sexy motherfucker in me.

And in the interest of candor despite my weight, and non brad pitt face, I do think I'm physically attractive.

When I'm healthy and tan, I just look more so.

Sexy is so much more than looks man.

It's confidence, and being comfortable in your skin, and comfortable enough to truly be yourself without reservation.

No sense in trying to act like anyone else, unless your goal is to find a girl who will then realize that the you she likes is not the real you.

It's kind of hard to explain, but any woman knows what I'm talking about.

Also important, rejection doesn't necessarily mean any thing is wrong with you, just that you weren't right for them.

Get over it and move on, there are plenty out there.
    This is exactly it. Great post!

I'm not sure if I posted the same thing earlier in the thread, less eloquently, but confidence really is a huge part of what makes someone attractive. (Note that I mean real confidence, because everyone -- not just girls! -- can tell the difference between real confidence and the false veil of overcompensation.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    You have a cool personality just your insecurities and negative attitude are obscuring it. I remember thinking that you were quite witty and engaging when I joined and for a long time after that. I used to confuse you for Edgar. Lol

There is a distinction between personality and attitude. I think people are confusing the two.
    This too!

Uber, I think what everyone's been reacting too has been a facade, and not the "real you". I'm not sure if I need to give examples, since other people have -- but when you intentionally come across as creepy, or emulating evil (both in posts and in photos), it isn't attractive.

(This is under the presumption that the "real you" isn't someone who would think that fucking a corpse was a way of honoring the dead... let me know if I'm wrong in that presumption.)
    Finally! Someone is telling me how average I look.
    Does this mean you've been waiting for someone to give you the answer you wanted, the whole time?

Because 99% of the thread agrees that your looks aren't what's keeping the ladies from liking you...
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Dude, that took me at least 3 hours to do in Photoshop. It's not MY fault you don't like the results.

@Jennifer did you click on my link?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Dude, that took me at least 3 hours to do in Photoshop. It's not MY fault you don't like the results.

@Jennifer did you click on my link?
    fwiw, I think your version of him looks way better.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

On a side note, women aren't nearly as visual as men. The finest ladies men are usually average looking.
    You just need the swagga, dood.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    You just need the swagga, dood.
    I've tried this method, and it clearly has not worked.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

It's clearly hopeless then.
    Move on to another goal. Something reachable.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Jenniferdid you click on my link?
    What, you expected me to actually read your post and be informed?
    ...Oh crud.

EDIT: Hmm. There's potential there...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft