User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I don't think they look feminine. I think they have a quality of refinement that's very attractive. Refined is not synonymous with feminine.

I read what Fidelia said about anything that you think makes you look cooler, don't do it, and she's right. It goes against your look, which is shaping up to be about elegant and suave, not muscle cars and ... y'know, all testosterony, which can be scary.

Do you have a black or a dark jacket? Could you do a picture with a white or near white shirt and a dark jacket, so I can see how well you do strong contrast? From the white picture, I think you could possibly benefit from strong contrast, like black and white. But do you see in the white picture how much clearer your eyes look, and how fewer shadows or discolorations appear on your face? It's the black that was making your look kind of ... I dunno. Grim or something.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

How did you gather an elegant and suave style?

MBTI
    ----

this thread makes me itch.

go outside and play.

Glycerine

@Tiltyred: like this?
    What do you think about this?

Über, I take back what I said about the oval shape.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Oh, good, I was hoping some perspicacious female would join in! Yeah, Glycerine! That's more like it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    How did you gather an elegant and suave style?
    Because the shape of your face and your features has sharp points, and people with slim faces that have angular shapes in them often turn out to benefit from an understated, suave kind of style. I need to see what the rest of you looks like to be sure, but that's my impression. But already we've hit some small things that can make a big improvement -- let your hair grow out considerably and then get it styled by somebody who knows what they're doing, don't wear black near your face, and V necklines instead of round.

I noticed your nice hands in the picture you took of yourself in the car where you were holding the camera, so when you take pictures of yourself to post online at dating sites, if you happen to get your hands in them somehow, use one or two of those pics. Women notice and appreciate nice hands.

Also, look carefully in natural light at the color of the outside ring of your iris, the colored edge right before it starts to be the white of your eye. Find a shirt in that color if you can, or a color similar in value. That intensifies the difference between your iris and the whites of your eyes, so it makes your eyes come into focus.

The purpose of everything you do with dressing your upper body is to cause people to look into your face. When they are looking into your face and into your eyes, you have their attention, you can have greater impact.

Also we're talking about the principle of integration -- everything should speak the same language, so you present as a whole rather than some assemblage of parts that bear no relation to one another. So for example, if you have hair that is fine, silky, and shiny, you could wear shiny metals. If you're a woman and you have curly hair, you can echo that curl in a ruffle or wave somewhere. Or my hair, for example, is very thick and wavy, not slick and shiny, but more like a cloud of hair. I look better in matte finishes.

You want to notice what you have and then repeat it so people can see it. When everything presents as a seamless whole and has integrity, it elicits a positive reaction in the viewer.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Let your bangs grow out to just about half an inch above your eyebrows... Put a little low-hold gel in your hair and muss it around a bit. You'll look less mad scientist and more mischievous schoolboy. I would bet v-neck shirts (and collars with a button or two open) would look better on you than shirts with round necklines, especially round high necklines. I bet forest green and charcoal gray and chocolate brown and slate blue would all go well with your eyes, in shirts or sweaters. And I third Fidelia: no more macho. You'll add sex appeal by going more suave as opposed to more testosterone. You have enough rough masculinity already. You need to temper it with long, clean lines, if anything.

Considering cosmetic surgery seems ill-advised. You stand to lose a lot more than you stand to gain.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think Tilty and skylights and Glycerine have some good ideas. I had never thought about a stylist. I wish they had that sort of thing near me!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    What do you mean? You've never seen my smile.
    I said "why you don't smile"

If you look you will find that usually people who don't want to smile with their teeth end up not being able to look natural. They are too focused on that one thing. My husband does a pretty good job of it, actually.

My point is that you identified something you clearly don't like. Maybe do something about that thing.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, I don't know if there's anything actually wrong with my smile, so I don't think that changing it will help; I'll probably hate it either way. I posted one picture of me smiling in the picture thread, but I took it down and erased it from existence because of how awkward I felt looking at it.