• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Desk Job.. aw CRAP where have my abs gone?

Wanderer

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Hello all! I'm about a month into a desk job (well. Workstation. Same thing. Sort of.) And I am not used to being inactive for 8 hours straight. I only get 30 mins for lunch so I can't really do much in that small an amount of time.

I'm the sort of person who is used to jobs that are either (1) physically demanding or (2) quitting whatever I'm doing every couple of hours to be active.

Now that I'm sitting still for 8 (more like 10 with the drive and traffic.) hours, my metabolism has also tanked.. and I'm starting to get flab. Serious tightening-starting-to-spill-over-my-belt flab.

This is AFTER reducing my intake and eliminating desserts.

I'm guessing I can't be the only person who's had this happen, so, suggestions?

I'd like to get my six pack back by the middle of June (10 weeks or so)

ITT:
Quick workout suggestions; simple things to tone/tighten/burn fat, preferably with a minimum of prep/hassle.
Suggestions for reducing caloric intake without loss of energy
Suggestions for dealing with hunger cravings
Any personal tips that you might have if you know what I'm talking about xD

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds like you're already on a good track to figure out how.. If there's no gym in the building or company you can do asymmetric workouts..no equipment needed. With workouts written on pieces of paper (I usually keep a different one each day in a pocket) to quickly glance at...if you can make 5 minutes of your day and commit to two of these workouts, plus eat clean, you can kick up your metabolism.

I work in an office too and it's a challenge.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This also assumes getting regular workouts in at least a few times a week or weekends.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
If you can manage, you should work out during the (early) morning. It's the best way to jump-start your metabolism.

LucidLegend1984

MBTI Type
INTJ
Sitting around all day is the best job you can have in my opinion. I too have a semi sit around job. The key is to workout like an animal before you get to work, when you arrive at work you can "rest" by being inactive.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Couple things.

See if you're allowed to implement a standing desk. I've been looking to do the same thing. Might take a while to get used to though.

Every hour, take a 5 minute walk around the building.

Get some protein bars and put them near your desk so when you do have a craving there's something healthy right in front of you.

Try to exercise in the morning if you can.

Those should help.