User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    that's just talking about genetic disposition... you can have a problem without a genetic disposition, ms chickenz
    I still refuse to have one therefore i don't
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Well I'm going to go get high while y'all hash it out.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I try to avoid buying junk food whenever possible because when I see it, I WILL eat it - usually in excessive quantities. I'm guessing you already do that with booze. How to stop the cravings is a harder question. Sweet but healthier snacks like baby carrots or apples, or squares of very dark chocolate might help but I know that isn't a perfect substitute. For me it's mostly the munching that I find addictive so I just try to do it with the least awful food possible - air popped popcorn isn't completely horrible for you. Doesn't help the sugar craving, though.
    -end of thread-

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I don't even keep candy in the house either, but I'm out and about in public all day and a LOT of places have candy dishes... not to mention that all stores and gas stations seem to have candy beside the register

and I usually don't mindlessly munch, fortunately... I just get a serious craving for sweets that is almost single-minded
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

A window to the soul

The alternative is the positive inspiration in *you* to succeed.

Your abilities to overcome challenges are far greater than the challenges themselves.

Every problem, every obstacle, every ounce of pain you suffer and overcome will transform you into grace. (You become a stronger-better version of *you*.)

God is my alternative and a source of inspiration. He makes me whole. And truly, for me there's no greater high. Everlasting!! (:

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz
    I still refuse to have one therefore i don't
    Good girl!

MBTI
    INTJ

Unless this is a really regular thing and/or you're eating large quantities of sweets whenever you're eating them, I don't see that it would be that much of a problem. The only options I really see are finding a food that tastes sweet but is relatively lower in calories, or try to find other ways to cut out unwanted calories in your diet to balance it out.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

What about carrots?

MBTI
    yupp

carrots don't make up for candy, if @whatever is like me if i have a craving that what I want. for example of I want KFC, popeyes or churches won't satisfy that craving, it's very specific.

damnit now I want KFC and they're not open for another 3 hours
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Eat 6 times a day but only at those apportioned times. Mini meals 200-300 calories you can have sugars but try to make them natural sugars ie a banana
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I think that a part of everything is that I didn't eat that much when I was drinking because I was much more interested in drinking and I tended to drink to the point of throwing up when I did... and then ending up hungover with similar effects when I woke up... I probably consumed less than 500 calories in food a day when I was in the full swing of drinking

I chatted some with my coworker who does quite a bit of work with recovering addicts after work for a while and he said that the fact that I keep feeling the need to snack on candy is rather normal because it's kind of a comfort thing in a way the same way that alcohol was and that I'm kind of displacing one addiction to another... and the next step is to break that one

I suppose the biggest questions here are how grumpy I'm going to be this time and what I'm going to end up addicted to now? (especially considering the fact that I've also put a considerable amount of time and interest into work... will I become even more obsessive? )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett