• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

health nutters I need to get from a size 6 to a size 4

Noon

[MENTION=6877]Marmie Dearest[/MENTION]

The diet she listed in the OP is already void of refined foods.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=6877]Marmie Dearest[/MENTION]

The diet she listed in the OP is already void of refined foods.

Granola and low-fat yogurt can both be full of sugar, preservatives, and even high fructose corn syrup. So I'm just being skeptical. She didn't elaborate on whether she was eating plain greek yogurt or kefir (best) or something like Yoplait whips, which are basically desserts.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
would this diet work 3-4 weeks before

breakfast:lowfat yogurt, granola, fruit
lunch:salad with lean protein such as chicken or turkey
dinner:baked or steamed fish

switch breakfast to something like eggs.
skip the dairy, skip the fruit. keep fibre,
low low sugar.

lunch and dinner looks good.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i've never diet before. the only reason why i was a size 4 at the time i got the dress was i was living with my brother and sister in law. I was eating a vegetarian diet and that made me feel weak all the time even though i was doing it correctly. i actually feel the best at a size 6

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I talked to my mom and she said that if I stopped snacking and continue walking I'll probably lose the weight with out having to diet, but that we'll reasess in may as the wedding isn't until june 2nd

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
also going to add bike riding in whether its the exercise bike in the den or me actually getting my bike out and going for rides i don't know. I can't run or jog because bad knees run in my family and even though i never really ran i tried once for like a month or two and my right knee would start hurting also it hurts when the weather changes. which means because of genetics i'll probably need a knee replacement when i'm older.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I talked to my mom and she said that if I stopped snacking and continue walking I'll probably lose the weight with out having to diet, but that we'll reasess in may as the wedding isn't until june 2nd

i'm going to a wedding june 2nd, and i'm usually a size 2 and ordered that for my bridesmaid dress and now i've been gaining weight and i'm not sure if it'll fit anymore. but i like the extra weight better so i was just gonna not eat for a couple days before the wedding if i couldn't zip it up, lol. don't use my plan.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i'm going to a wedding june 2nd, and i'm usually a size 2 and ordered that for my bridesmaid dress and now i've been gaining weight and i'm not sure if it'll fit anymore. but i like the extra weight better so i was just gonna not eat for a couple days before the wedding if i couldn't zip it up, lol. don't use my plan.

that's the same day as the wedding i'm going to

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i doubt it, is it in maine by any chance?

nah, michigan.

i especially need to fit into this dress because my friend is buying it for me because i'm coming from out of state. and was arguing with me that i was ordering it too small and now she's probably right. maybe i should just get spanx or something.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
spanx there's an idea but i want to be a 4 i've decided i don't want to be fat anymore

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
a 6 isn't fat at all though and it's better because you have more t&a

Beorn

Permabanned
If you absolutely must crash diet I would recommend Lyle Mcdonald's Rapid Fat lost Diet.
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/the-rapid-fat-loss-handbook

Lyle developed a protein sparing modified fast (psmf) that mostly consist of eating lean protein foods like tuna, skinless chicken and egg whites supplemented with A daily intake as low as 600-800 calories. The diet is supplemented with certain vitamins so that you lose the maximum amount of weight (mostly water and fat) while mitigating health concerns with rapid weight loss. He also doesn't allow smoothies or diet drinks. This will make people a little more used to making the right food choices based on actual calorie counting during the day. Thus, rather than develop eating habits that are totally foreign to what they will do after the diet is over they pick up some skills and habits that are transferable to normal eating and reducing the risk of regaining the weight.

I haven't tried it myself, but I've read a ton of his stuff and in a world of gimmicky diet and exercise advice Lyle provides a straight forward combination of science, diet psychology, and common sense.

Generally though there are much better approaches to developing healthy eating habits and losing weight more slowly.

I myself have opted more recently for a cyclical ketogenic diet which allows me to eating satiating fats and proteins during the week and carb load on the weekends. It will take me longer to lose weight this way, but it's a heck of a lot easier to deal with and involves much much tastier food than a psmf.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's wrong with a size 6 especially at your height?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry I read the first post and didn't see that! Okay okay for super quick weight loss just eat lean protein and grilled veggies,salads and fruit. Lots of water and go running.