User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    would this diet work 3-4 weeks before

breakfast:lowfat yogurt, granola, fruit
    lunch:salad with lean protein such as chicken or turkey
    dinner:baked or steamed fish
    No vegetables?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    No vegetables?
    There's 'salad' in there :p, but I really think she needs to avoid diets altogether. That's what @Marmie Dearest and I have been discussing. There is no point stepping down to size 4 by restricting yourself temporarily with such shitty procedures. It's more about taking on a lifestyle 'adjustment'. This keeps it a little bit more entertaining, and there are bigger chances she won't bounce back to size 6 after she gets there.
    Ti-Dominant
    5w6 sx/sp; ILE

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Phthalate View Post
    There's 'salad' in there :p, but I really think she needs to avoid diets altogether. That's what @Marmie Dearest and I have been discussing. There is no point stepping down to size 4 by restricting yourself temporarily with such shitty procedures. It's more about taking on a lifestyle 'adjustment'. This keeps it a little bit more entertaining, and there are bigger chances she won't bounce back to size 6 after she gets there.
    oh, hunny i don't care if i bounce back to a size 6 i just need to fit in the dress.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    oh, hunny i don't care if i bounce back to a size 6 i just need to fit in the dress.
    If you need to fit into a dress in two weeks, eat lean meats like chicken and fish (baked or grilled or pan fried in olive oil, not deep fried or breaded), beans or lentils or peas, and cottage cheese and plain unsweetened yogurt and fruits and vegetables.

Avoid bread and if you're dying for carbs, eat something like oatmeal or brown rice.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Also make sure the oatmeal is plain. Absolutely no sugar. You can also eat barley, spelt, quinoa...not in excess, though.

Daily exercise, if you're doing cardio, ie running, walking, climbing stairs, any of the machines which emulate those, work at your limit for at least half and hour and seek to improve that each time you undertake the activity, either effort or distance.

Although I would say that replacing fat with muscle is your best bet and also the best bet for keeping the weight off since even when at rest muscle can burn off food you've consumed, in which case I'd recommend a five to ten minute warm up cardio, then weights or machines which use weights for sets of ten lifts, three times, interspaced with thirty second breaks (at least but you're the best judge of this yourself) and as to the amount of weight, you'll have to judge that but an amount at which you can do eight to twelve lifts properly, ie not jerking or dropping or otherwise seeking to employ momentum, gravity etc. to get the movement done. Once you can do the set of three at a specific weight or resistance level and feel you could do another two or three at that level without tiring or strain then increase the weight or resistance by a little.

You wont necessarily turn out obviously muscular from doing this, especially if you're working using your legs or stomach or lower back or shoulders.

Diet wise I'm the worst to ask and honestly dont believe that diets work at all, seriously, I've lost more in six weeks of more or less daily gym practice than I did in the previous four or five years of different diet fads. Its got to be daily. You should exercise as much as you eat, those are two things that you need in equal measure, if it helps keep a journal with food intake in one column and exercise in the other, try to exercise as often as you have meals, ie so three meals a day means three seperate activities which will break a sweat. I've heard if you're drinking more water, eliminating carbs (rice, bread, potatos, pasta, dough and dairy too) then you can eat as often as six times a day and it'll actually benefit you but you need to do even more exercise.

If you're doing the weights training you should take break days in between, either do cardio exercises those days or nothing specifically sporting but perhaps walk, it'll allow your muscles time to recover and develop.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You know what else I thought of? Make homemade soup. I know you cook like I do. Make a vegetable soup, cabbage soup, or vegetarian borscht. Live off of it for several days, with maybe some low-sugar fruits as snacks, and some low-sugar bread like sourdough or dark rye. Don't do it for long though, because it's kind of a low-calorie starvation diet, but you could do this for like three days, then switch over to mostly eating lean proteins with fruits and vegetables, no bread, and some whole grains.

Hm. It's short term and you don't care about keeping it off, right?

Do you drop 2 sizes from a ~10 pound loss? Because 8 pounds in 4 weeks is pretty reasonable and I think that'd be at least a 1 size drop.

It's best to keep the food as nutrient dense as possible. You could eat tons of dark leafy greens, non-starchy vegetables, and low GI fruit and be completely satiated while still in sizeable deficit. Legumes work well for filling up long. Water, apples, and raw nuts work well for decreasing cravings; the nuts are pretty easy -- but not empty -- calories too. Bananas are pretty high in sugar but IMO they're perfect fuel for strong cardio like running. Much better that you do circuit workouts instead of just plain cardio, though.

It would help to make sure that your yogurt is all-natural and low in added sugar, that your salad doesn't have a lot of cheese, croutons, or dairy-based dressing, and that your chicken/turkey is not too large in portion. But you should probably have more than just the fish for dinner if you're able.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post

Do you drop 2 sizes from a ~10 pound loss? Because 8 pounds in 4 weeks is pretty reasonable and I think that'd be at least a 1 size drop.

It's best to keep the food as nutrient dense as possible. You could eat tons of dark leafy greens, non-starchy vegetables, and low GI fruit and be completely satiated while still in sizeable deficit. Legumes work well for filling up long. Water, apples, and raw nuts work well for decreasing cravings; the nuts are pretty easy -- but not empty -- calories too. Bananas are pretty high in sugar but IMO they're perfect fuel for strong cardio like running. Much better that you do circuit workouts instead of just plain cardio, though.

It would help to make sure that your yogurt is all-natural and low in added sugar, that your salad doesn't have a lot of cheese, croutons, or dairy-based dressing, and that your chicken/turkey is not too large in portion. But you should probably have more than just the fish for dinner if you're able.
    yeah i was gonna eat more than just fish but fish be the main course. I make my own italian dressing i might find a raspberry vinnigriatte recipe to vary it a little bit
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post

She can lose more than that in a month if she cuts out sugar, refined carbohydrates, and only eats the rawest, darkest grains she can find. There's also nothing wrong with soup fasts if they're for a reasonably short period of time, to "cleanse" and kick start a diet.

People lose the most weight by cutting out anything white, or even from getting all their carbs from beans/lentils/peas and fruits and vegetables for a shorter period of time.