User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Probiotics

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Drink it instead of milk. Voila, it becomes more affordable.
    Maybe in the long run... (health wise). I've only seen it ever packaged in small containers. :P

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Porcelain Hearts View Post
    Maybe in the long run... (health wise). I've only seen it ever packaged in small containers. :P
    Well Elfboy is a single man, it's not like he's buying gallons of milk for a partner or a family. I can make one of those smaller bottles of kefir last for two or three days unless I'm totally starving and want to eat that all in one day instead of eating other things.

I also only buy smaller containers of milk for myself. I buy gallons now sometimes because I privately cook for some elderly and disabled people now.

However, I tend to eat more yogurt, kefir, cheese and sour cream so I can actually forget about buying milk.

Also, it's so rich you don't need to drink as much of it as milk at once. It's got a thicker consistency.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well Elfboy is a single man, it's not like he's buying gallons of milk for a partner or a family. I can make one of those smaller bottles of kefir last for two or three days unless I'm totally starving and want to eat that all in one day instead of eating other things.

I also only buy smaller containers of milk for myself. I buy gallons now sometimes because I privately cook for some elderly and disabled people now.

However, I tend to eat more yogurt, kefir, cheese and sour cream so I can actually forget about buying milk.

Also, it's so rich you don't need to drink as much of it as milk at once. It's got a thicker consistency.
    It is a cheaper alternative home made. Elfboy should hook that up.
    I'm dairy intolerant, but I've tried kefir since it has less lactate enzymes present. I do like it. There aren't many nondairy probiotic options out there... except for natto and kimchi maybe.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

there is some really good stuff at my health market, but it's kind of expensive for my current budget (which is $0 LOL) but it would be well worth the money if I had it
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It is a cheaper alternative home made. Elfboy should hook that up.
    I'm dairy intolerant, but I've tried kefir since it has less lactate enzymes present. I do like it. There aren't many nondairy probiotic options out there... except for natto and kimchi maybe.
    Kefir is cheaper than many brand name yogurts, if you go by per ounce, and combine the fact that it has a higher probiotic content.

Cheese is actually more expensive. Cheese is some expensive stuff.

It also depends on where you buy kefir, as well. It costs more in some stores than others. You don't have to buy it at a health market @Elfboy, go to some place that sells ethnic foods.

Unless you're talking about buying the grains...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

You'd have to buy grains to make it yourself. Here's a sexy video.
    http://kefirgrains.info/?page_id=405

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You'd have to buy grains to make it yourself. Here's a sexy video.
    http://kefirgrains.info/?page_id=405
    Yes, that's what I said - you have to buy the grains. However, they're about five to ten bucks, and you can even order them on-line.

Thanks for the video!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I take them every day. Good stuff.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639