• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weather and Mood

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Has your mood ever changed because of the weather?

wolfy

awsm
I wanted to play outside. But it was wet, so I got angry. But really, not so much. I don't like being cold much, but heat invigorates me.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yes. I like those rainy overcast days. Too much sun makes me kind of not want to go outside.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
bright light gives me a headache (which is why I collect sunglasses!) but sunny days still tend to make me inexplicably happy and dreary ones make me grumpy... I just don't enjoy dreariness in the least :)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It would take up certain associative processes within mind for one's mood to change because of the weather.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I like summers more than winters. I like all sorts of weather though. Winter snow is perfect for vacationing to go snowboarding--but I admit I'd rather not deal with the cold. The ONLY saving grace for the cold is that hot showers feel warmer and fire places can be set in the cold. I also rather enjoy sitting outside around a fire pit when it's just a bit nippy outside. I find myself pretty miserable if I have to work in the rain, but I love it when I have nothing to do. Sunny days can get on my nerves sometimes, but I love them. You can do everything in the sun. I think night time in the summer is my favorite of all.

G

garbage

Seasonal affective disorder was one of my working diagnoses and is still a top contender. I have one of those bitchin' bright lights to simulate sunlight during winter and fall, where it's needed the most.

Bright sunlight, heat, and sudden pressure changes set off my migraines, so spring and summer tend to be full of head pain.

... huh. I.. just can't win.

:cry:

Ingrid in grids

Not particularly, but I'm more comfortable during the winter (though it doesn't snow/reach ridiculously low temperatures in my neck of the woods). Heat makes me cranky.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Usually not but weather extremes can make me cranky- very hot, very cold, huge amounts of snow, etc. The latter can obstruct plans and prevent you from easily getting to where you want to go which is annoying. Rain can do that too but in Minnesota, snow is usually more of an issue than rain. This winter is unusual that in Minnesota, there was very little snow and it hit 80 degrees F today and it's only mid-March.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sort of, kind of, not really... I don't mind the rain. I actually sleep a lot better when it is raining. I don't even mind getting out in the rain and rarely use an umbrella....even though it wreaks havoc on my hair! I don't mind the snow, I just don't like driving in it because people around here are idiots. Mostly, I prefer a nice overcast day... No sun blinding me...or screwing up my lighting for photo ops.... :smile:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I generally feel better when the weather is sunny and coldish - around 8°C-10°C. Nothing extreme though; I like a varied climate because every kind of weather has a specific influence on my mood (i.e. a full rainy day after 5-6 days of sunshine can actually boost my productivity).

KDude

Yeah, I've mostly lived in tropical or hot desert areas. It's draining. I love winter.. I'm more "perky" or something. Even though for most people that seems to be the depressing season.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i think i have a lot less energy in the winter, i hate the cold and it makes me not want to go outside or get out of my warm bed.

Trance

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I appreciate all types of weather, but there are certain types of weather that seem to make me feel extra energetic :)

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I like snow. Too much sun is not good for me, and so is heat. But I don't know if it affects my mood a lot.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yeah, I've mostly lived in tropical or hot desert areas. It's draining. I love winter.. I'm more "perky" or something. Even though for most people that seems to be the depressing season.

It's weird, in the summer when it's hot and the a/c's been on for days, I almost feel like I'm shut in and suffocating. Window open days are no problem. This never happens in the winter when the house is shut up and the heat is on. I'm not particularly enjoying this August weather in March either. :dont: My lilacs are going to bloom 6 weeks early.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't like rainy weather (especially when it is the cold kind,) and that's usually what happens around here between January till around this time.

I'd much rather settle for hot weather, snow, humid rain, or an average temperature around 70 degrees F year round.

I've been to Hawaii for vacation..... and it was one of the best weather I've experienced.