User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

what do people mean when they say they don't wash their face? i don't get it...i hear people say that sometimes and i'm trying to understand what they mean...like...just in the shower but not before bed or what?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I've been fortunate with my skin. I had some acne as a teen and can still get the occasional pimple around my period, etc, but generally it is pretty clear and I often get complimented on it.

I am probably luckier than I deserve because I am hit and miss with skin care. I cleanse daily in the shower and often at night, but not always. I never, ever wear foundation as I don't feel I need it and I think many people get worse skin as a result of using it (especially starting to use it in their teens to cover acne.) I wear a light moisturiser but again I'm a bit hit and miss with that. I think I should work at it a bit more as I am definitely getting more in the way of frown and smile lines now, though nothing unusual for my age. If I use heavier moisturisers or night cream, though, it tends to make my skin oilier and break out. I think I have "combination" skin but nothing too extreme.

I also have a very nice exfoliating Blue Corn mask from Body Shop which does wonders for clearing my pores - again, shouldn't be so hit and miss about using it!! I should use it about once a week, it's usually less than that. The pores on my nose can look a bit clogged and it is particularly good for clearing those.

When I know I'm going to be out in bright sunlight I am quite careful about using sunscreen. Especially if I travel somewhere remotely sunny I tend to take that instead of moisturiser and that works fine.

I should also drink more water... I could be doing worse, but I could be doing better too. Even though my skin looks good now I can't rely on genetic luck forever
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Thanks YWIR! Wait, what? Because what are not forming? I'm mostly noticing that my face looks a little puffy because it is retaining water and I'm wondering if Retin-A would be the cause, or if the timing was just coincidence. My skin certainly is feeling dry. How long does it take for that to go away? Is it months or weeks?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by LucidLegend1984 View Post
    Walnuts and Almonds and lots of them. Eat them now!!! nom nom nom

Seriously tho these two nuts are good for the brain and skin. Antioxidants too. Anitoxidents slow the aging process down and make your cell run their best despite the crap food you shouldn't be eating.
    I eat about 5 handfuls of pistachios a day.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post

I was a little reluctant to spend $100 on the thing but it's been outstanding with the dry patches I get in the winter. I use it every other day with the Purity cleanser.
    i'm a diehard fan of the clarisonic too, and i also use the mia.
    it's done wonders for the texture of my skin, and is magical
    at removing make up.

i use the shu uemura cleansing oil.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Thanks YWIR! Wait, what? Because what are not forming? I'm mostly noticing that my face looks a little puffy because it is retaining water and I'm wondering if Retin-A would be the cause, or if the timing was just coincidence. My skin certainly is feeling dry. How long does it take for that to go away? Is it months or weeks?
    Depends on the person, maybe a few weeks. It usually takes me 3 to 4 weeks to get over the dry face.
    Re:forming, I miss read edema as milia( I had just woken up).
    I don't think I ever had a problem with edema in general, so I can't really say anything in that regard.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    what do people mean when they say they don't wash their face? i don't get it...i hear people say that sometimes and i'm trying to understand what they mean...like...just in the shower but not before bed or what?
    it gets wet in the shower and I may occasionally use a makeup removing wipe to remove eye makeup in the morning before putting more on, but soap hasn't touched my face for almost 15 years now... it just dries it out... and my skin doesn't look any worse for the neglect that it receives

I still tend to pass as at least 5 years younger than I actually am, so it can't be THAT bad of an idea!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

wow... so jealous of people without skin issues.

I eat pretty well (no frozen meals, packaged cookies/chips/soups, etc), I wash my face twice a day, use Neutrogena moisturizer, use minimal makeup (use an extremely light powder foundation, but only as of the last couple of years)... and at age 33 still have super oily skin, blackheads/clogged pores are the norm, and actual pimples common. It's totally lame; but these days is VERY manageable and not terribly noticeable, as compared to my teenage years.

Anyway, I assume it'll continue on this way through menopause at least.. I think it's just in my genetics: my sensitivity to various intakes/products may be higher than for most who don't have to worry about various skin-related things, and frankly, I just think my skin goes into excess-oil mode as a given rule.

For myself, I suspect diet is the biggest thing... I think my body is just more sensitive to those sorts of things than other peoples' bodies, maybe. Like I said, I feel like compared to the average person I eat well .. I try to avoid processed foods as a general rule, but of course it happens. Difficult to avoid completely. However, when I was traveling in Turkey for 3 weeks several years ago, my skin was really really good - I noticed a difference. Almost entirely fresh ingredients, without any preservatives or white sugars to speak of. So apparently I need to move to Turkey. lol.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    it gets wet in the shower and I may occasionally use a makeup removing wipe to remove eye makeup in the morning before putting more on, but soap hasn't touched my face for almost 15 years now... it just dries it out... and my skin doesn't look any worse for the neglect that it receives

I still tend to pass as at least 5 years younger than I actually am, so it can't be THAT bad of an idea!
    interesting...i can't deal with it. i've woken up from deep sleep because i forgot to wash my face and it feels yuck. i have sort of dry skin and am always putting thick lotions or almond oil or something on it...but it has to feel really clean too...seems contradictory haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Well, I'm just a guy so I'm sure I don't have much to talk about here.. but I glanced at the thread. I'm with whatever. I get my face wet in the shower, but don't wash. I guess shaving is another way I "wash" and rinse heavily too. I used to have acne issues and buy soaps for that, but I have less issues now. Maybe some products just exacerbate the issue for some people, and natural oils are better.