User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Grey hair

MBTI
    ESFJ

Default Grey hair

How old were you when you first noticed your grey hair? Does it bother you?

I noticed yesterday i had 2 grey hairs and i'm only 32, lol. Maybe this is normal but it got me thinking. I see men with grey hair and it doesn't faze me in the slightest, if anything i get turned on by it as i associate grey hair with wisdom and maturity (may need to alter this perception) yet with regards to myself, i see it as another reason that i'm fast approaching the scrap heap.

Thoughts?
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I found a grey (white) hair in my eyebrow a few months ago (25)! that was pretty funny.

Haven't noticed any white hairs on my head, but I have many very light blonde hairs mixed in with the darker brown hairs so it'd be hard to tell, I think. I don't think it will bother me. I'm more worried about things like joint pain.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

My first white eyebrow hair was a few years ago and was much more distressing than my first grey hair on my head. I think you're probably doing pretty good Samsara if you are only finding two grey hairs now when you're 32. Many people get some grey hairs even in their late teens and eary 20s.

I don't really have enough to dye my hair, and I don't want to be bothered with the upkeep or the potential health hazards. On the other hand, I'm getting enough that it's no longer a good idea to pull them out like I used to. (Yeah, I know, I know!).

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I noticed my first around 27-28, I think. I think late to mid twenties for a grey hair or a few is totally average and normal. I'm now 32 and I think I have quite a few more now - not loads, not very noticeable, but they're there. However, I have been highlighting my hair the last few years as well so it seems a lot of them disappear into that.

I'm certainly not happy about it, but it's not something that troubles me too much as long as they're not massively noticeable. I find a little grey hair on men attractive too - kinda unfair, since grey hairs and wrinkles are never a good thing for women. @Samsara, I agree though that automatically associating grey hair on men with maturity and wisdom can be a big fat mistake.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Anew Leaf

I am 33 about to turn 34 and I have no gray hairs other than the occasional white eyebrow hair which is bizarre to find. I got sort of lucky geneticly... my maternal grandmother and mom didn't start going gray until their late 30's, and my paternal grandmother had brown hair with some gray up until her mid 70's.

gray hair doesn't really bother me much, at least in theory. on the plus side it means i am that much closer to becoming a cranky old man like my grandfather... well sans penis but you get the idea.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I've got many grey hairs, if my father is any indication then I should have Albert Einstein hair before I'm 50. If my uncle is any indicator then I will have a bald crown by 45 and sprout a hippy pony tail. I'm more worried about the second situation. As a man I just couldn't deal with the coloring my hair thing, it's just not an option. I it is common enough for women to dye their hairs to even just flattering shades of their natural color. If you start now, you'll never find out how grey you are.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

I was 22 the first time someone else pointed out some of my gray hairs (I'd noticed a few myself a couple of years before). Stilly, my mom grayed early, so it wasn't a shock.

Sadly at 43 I'm kind of in the patchy in-between stage as far as gray in my beard goes. Otherwise haven't minded going gray early too much.

Although when people say "It looks distinguished!" I always reply, "Yes, it distinguishes me from a young person."

MBTI
    INtP

I was 18 the first time I noticed that I was getting gray hair... well, specifically, a woman in my biology class tapped me on the shoulder and pointed it out to me .

These days a fair amount of my hair is gray, but it's well-dispersed, and almost comes across like my hair's simply getting lighter in color unless I look closely. Or I'm deluding myself :p.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

age 20... which is not cool because I have very dark hair and it definitely stands out... I blame my dad, since he's the parent who brings such traits

lucky me... hair dye exists and my eyebrows are still the same color as they should be (well... the ones that I still have after the grill attacked me )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    STP

I am 31 right now and every once in a while I may find one in my mustache, but thats about it. My dad started going grey in 40s I think and my mom may have a few and she is in mid 50s.
    Im out, its been fun