User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Grey hair

I was around thirty, started going grey around the temples. Now I am 42 and it is slowly working its way up. Doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Many people get some grey hairs even in their late teens and early 20s.

I noticed a few when I was about 20. A few years later I have a handful more. Not many, but they're there.

If I don't notice them I can rely on my mother to point them out.

My parents are in their mid-fifties and both are grey-haired. My dad has steadily greyed since he was in his late thirties and I can't remember a time when my mom didn't dye her hair to cover up the greys.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I noticed my first gray hairs in my mid-twenties. Back then it was just one or two. Now at 33 I have a bit more. I do dye my hair to cover it up. I probably don't have enough to necessitate doing it but it's something I'm self-conscious about. I otherwise look young for my age, so the gray hairs look even more out of place. I always thought if you're under 40, you're too young to go gray. Glad to know I'm not alone!
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ESFJ

Thanks for sharing guys, it's nice to know i'm not alone. I like dying my hair but i'm not going to dye it just to get rid of a few grey straggly bits.

I never considered the idea of grey eyebrows, oh that is something to look forward to, lol.

“I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Some people like to go with highlights until it gets more grey. Helps camouflage grey bits.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm 20 years old woman and still don't have any grey hair, but I think of not dying my hair when it turns grey. Is here any woman who keeps their hair natural even when it turns grey? '-'

figsfiggyfigs

I hope I got my mom's genes; she's in her late 50s and hasn't greyed yet. I have a fear of wrinkles and grey hair.

I thought I got a grey hair last summer, I would describe what happens next, but let's just say it was very dramatic.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I noticed in the past year that my hair is getting more sandy-brown than red. Then I started to notice a few white hairs here and there. My hair is so thick that if they are there, they go unnoticed for the most part. I have to hunt them down.

I can't wait until I'm an old lady and I have all this thick white hair on my head.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    My first white eyebrow hair was a few years ago and was much more distressing than my first grey hair on my head.
    So true! I didn't get any gray hair until probably 41-42 but gray eyebrows maybe 38. The color I have done is nearly identical to my natural color with occasional peek a boo highlights and I never had many gray hairs, I just didn't want to deal with them.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Gray is my second name