• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My god diet

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
Breakfast:
Bowl of frosted mini-wheats with skim milk
~10 ounce glass of orange juice
~16 ounce protein shake in skim milk
Supplements: 81 mg aspirin, multivitamin, fish oil pill, 2 ginkgo biloba pills
Notes: Frosted mini-wheats is just the flavor of the month. Could switch any time to something equally healthy but still tasty, like special K or Kashi.

Lunch:
Plate of spaghetti with meat sauce (100% whole wheat spaghetti)
Apple sauce
Peanuts
Carrots
~16 ounces of skim milk
Notes: the apple sauce is granny smith and "healthy harvest" with no sugar added. The meat sauce is currently ground beef, which I of course drain the grease from, but I may switch to ground turkey. I can prepare this VERY efficiently. I cook 4 days' worth of spaghetti at a time.

Snack:
Bowl of ice cream
~8 ounce glass of v8 juice
Piece of whole wheat bread
Notes: the ice cream is necessary for me to stay happy. Gotta have something nice and sweet each day. I eat cherry cordial and I pour about 5 ounces of sprite in the bowl with it. YUM.

Dinner:
Broccoli, blanched
Baked potato, small amount of cheese and butter added
Baked chicken breast
~16 ounce glass of skim milk
~16 ounce glass of blended juices: orange, grapefruit, and cranberry, with a squirt of lemon juice
Supplements: fish oil pill, 2 ginkgo biloba pills, vitamin C and/or vitamin E pill sporadically, along with iron, calcium-magnesium-zinc supplement less frequently.
Notes: I can prepare this pretty fast too. Making 3 or 4 days' worth at once of both the chicken and the baked potato helps. I spoon the inside of the potato out into a bowl and then cover it with foil in the fridge - tastes good as new. I can season the chicken if I please. I'll add black pepper usually.

Overall comments:

Yes, I eat the same thing every day. That's what works about this diet. I enjoy it, and it is efficient as hell. And I figure, I'm getting several servings a day of meats and proteins, dairy, grains, fruits, and vegetables. All bases are covered. I eased my way into this diet naturally through a process of dietary natural selection, and have been on it for a month or so. One weekend I deviated from it by eating out at greasy-fat places a couple times, and had definite bowel problems the next day or two because of the shock.

This is much, much better than my old habits. One thing I like about it is not having to think. I know what I'm eating every day, and I don't have to wonder if I am covering this or that food group, or get overwhelmed and just snack and/or eat out and buy pre-prepared meals like TV dinners. This diet seems to be the perfect mix for me of ease and satisfaction. I'm really looking forward to seeing if I notice any benefits from it in the short term. I'm pretty sure long term benefits will be there, and even if they aren't, I still enjoy this diet more than anything I would do otherwise. I am not particularly enthusiastic about eating, so this somewhat minimalistic diet is kind of perfect for me.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Excellent, because that is way too long.

Nice to read you (in part).

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I have read that eating the same types of things over and over can make for an effective diet control. Takes the thought process out, which can make things tedious. Interesting.

Conway

Permabanned
Thanks for sharing such informational article its nice diet plan for whole day from break fast to dinner but if you stated your day with green tea or citrus fruit juice.