• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How late do you stay up?

How late do you stay up?

• I'm in bed before 10. My mother always said, "Early to bed, early to rise".

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Anywhere from 10 to Midnight

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I'm usually in bed before dawn. I can tell you that much.

Votes: 48 57.8%
  • Sleep? What's that?

Votes: 13 15.7%

• Total voters

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
Maybe being a nightowl for many is a reaction though to all the stress and time demands people have on them during the day?

I think that's part of it, and if you restructured the day so that a large part of society worked late instead, nightowls would probably feel that the quiet night was stolen from them. I know I would.

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
And there are never enough late night or 24 hour joints in the states. :( The closest place I've seen that caters to night owls is the west village in NYC on weekends (you can have dinner at 1am and shop till 2am!!!) In some other countries, night markets and just sizeable pockets of city life can be quite active through the night. Another reason perhaps I should consider expatriation...

I remember the good ol' days in Germany, when buisnesses would shut down at 6:30pm SHARP, and on 2pm on saturdays (required by law), though we now have stores that are open up to 10pm, so you can actually shop on weekdays if you hold a job.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
That's weird that Germany would have such a rule, considering industriousness is a big deal there. Industriousness is part of the reason commerce occurs at all hours in other countries.

I think the weather also has something to do with it -- I've heard stores in Hawaii stay open later. I would imagine a pleasant balmy breeze and warmth would be conducive to people staying out later which is also what Vegas has going for it.

I tried going to the beach once in Tampa, FL (okay, technically Clearwater) after 11pm and it was just scary. There was no line of demarcation from the pitch black horizon and the pitch black ocean Scary. It's quite a sight though. Not a soul around. Then I thought there was a shadowy figure walking up behind me so I left. There really was some person of interminable gender and age and ethnicity walking up and down the beach making a weird dragging sound so, hell yeah, I was out of there.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not positive that my answer is accurate.
What do you consider dawn?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Depends. Lately around 4am. This weekend I'll be going to bed around 8am because I've got work from 12am-8am.

I'd like to get on a more normal schedule again.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Recently, around 1:30AM, only because I have to be at school by 6:45AM. In the summers when my schedule is different (Work doesn't start until 9AM), I go to sleep around 3-4AM.

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
I am a night person. I would like to be a morning person...... but only if I could keep the nights too.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I get the feeling online forums are havens for nightowls.

I'd be curious to know what time people usually wake up. :whistling:

For me, 1-2am when I'm a functional nightowl, average 3am when I forget to check myself, and between 2am-8am when I'm mostly nocturnal and somewhat diurnal. If I have "a lot of free time" my bad habits and nocturnal preference really come out full force and I'll routinely sleep when the sun comes up and all the birds are chirping.

I notice as I get older, I can function easily on less and less sleep
. I do wonder about my poor brain cells and skin.
Awesome, something to look forward to!!! :D

I don't really have a set bedtime, my circadian rhythm is totally effed up. :/

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
I stay up till 12-1.30am and get up at 6.40am.

Its definitely something that I need to buckle down on... as I am really an 8hr sleep person. I work far more productively and have better ideas when I've had enough sleep.

When I was at University I really made sure I had 8hrs sleep and I got the grades that I wanted. Not enough sleep is seriously inefficient.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
4:49 should have been my last check in.

I stay up 'til 4:49.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I'm definitely an eary riser. I generally don't really like staying up past midnight except when I go out. Get out of bed around 7:30.