• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How late do you stay up?

How late do you stay up?

• I'm in bed before 10. My mother always said, "Early to bed, early to rise".

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Anywhere from 10 to Midnight

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I'm usually in bed before dawn. I can tell you that much.

Votes: 48 57.8%
  • Sleep? What's that?

Votes: 13 15.7%

• Total voters

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Around 1-1:30am, regularly.

(But that has got to change. It's killing me.)

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
My alarm goes off at 7:15AM, but I never usually get to bed before 2-3AM most of the time. Some nights I just skip it all together.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Around 11-12 when I have to get up early, or 2-4 am otherwise (whenever I get tired). I try to go to bed early enough to ensure I'll get 8 hours though, I really need it.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Around midnight usually but a couple of times a month, I watch the sun come up... nothing particular on my mind, I just don't get sleepy.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Some nights I sleep for an hour others I sleep for 12 average for me is 4-6 but I go to bed usually 1 or 2 I have gone to bed at 9 some nights just depends on how sleepy I am.

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
3-4 AM, generally. On schooldays, I retract that to a range between 12:30-1:30 AM, as those require me to wake up at 5:45. I've never derived much benefit from sleeping one or two hours, so I just pull an allnighter if I prefer not to sleep on schooldays, though that is quite rare.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Some nights I just skip it all together.

Haha, I've done that a couple times in college, for no reason other than I didn't know when to say "when." Blah! Jo, why do that to yourself?

Actually, last night I only got three hours of sleep! Maybe less! I'm going to work on getting more sleep than that.

Edit: I'm feeling the repurcussions as I'm sitting in the computer lab putting off studying for an exam later today. =_=

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm generally in bed around 11-11:30. But I have trouble falling asleep, so that means that I'm usually asleep by 12-12:30.

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
When I have to get up for work in the morning I ususally go to sleep between 12am and 2am. If I don't have to work I am usually in bed "before dawn" though not always, as in the summer the sun rises at 4:30am already...

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
i normally sleep between 3-4am. if i'm watching the DJIA or hyper for some reason, i may sleep between 5-6 am though. i love the quiet coolness of the early morning; you can get more personal things done, then.

if i have trades going on, then i wake up by 9 am. if not, i'm free to sleep to about 12 noon.

i take an afternoon nap tho. somewhere between 6 pm to 8 pm.

yes. totally screwed sleeping schedule. no thanks to ill discipline and mbtic addiction. :dry:

ygolo

My termites win
I try to be asleep by 2:00 AM. Usually successful. Sometimes 3-4 AM.

If I have a meeting at 8,9 or 10 am, I try to get to bet by midnight, but usually it is almost 2 AM by the time I fall asleep.

Last night I stayed out till almost 3 AM (lost track of time), and I found out at the end of the night that two of my friends had been recovering from an illness.

This morning, I had their stupid illness.

:offtopic:

i normally sleep between 3-4am. if i'm watching the DJIA or hyper for some reason, i may sleep between 5-6 am though. i love the quiet coolness of the early morning; you can get more personal things done, then.

if i have trades going on, then i wake up by 9 am. if not, i'm free to sleep to about 12 noon.

You're a professional trader? I have thought about doing that.

EDIT: I knew you traded, but that post made it sound like that was your full time job.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I need more sleep... Stayed up too late last night... *grumbles at Ventrilo

:zzz:

Normally I go to sleep between 10pm - midnight...

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
Haha, I've done that a couple times in college, for no reason other than I didn't know when to say "when." Blah! Jo, why do that to yourself?

I've done it more then a couple times.. usually happens at least once a month for me. It's more or less a case of "oh crap I have to be up for work in an hr, I know if I pass out now I'm not waking up in time".

When I was in high school it wasn't uncommon for me to be up for days on end, I think 83hrs straight was my record.

I need more sleep... Stayed up too late last night... *grumbles at Ventrilo
You should do it more often :tongue:
Normally I go to sleep between 10pm - midnight...
That's way too early..

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I have erratic sleep patterns, but favor the later hours much more than daylight. Normally I get to bed around 4am or later.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
This is interesting, it makes me wonder if modern life habits are out of sync with reality.

I know why a lot of businesses, specifically financial, law firms, marketing firms, corporations in general etc. would start at 8am or some other ungodly hour to increase production and billable hours and such but -- it really does seem (at least anecdotally) that a lot of people aren't that diurnal.

And there are never enough late night or 24 hour joints in the states. :( The closest place I've seen that caters to night owls is the west village in NYC on weekends (you can have dinner at 1am and shop till 2am!!!) In some other countries, night markets and just sizeable pockets of city life can be quite active through the night. Another reason perhaps I should consider expatriation...

Maybe being a nightowl for many is a reaction though to all the stress and time demands people have on them during the day?