• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How late do you stay up?

How late do you stay up?

• I'm in bed before 10. My mother always said, "Early to bed, early to rise".

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Anywhere from 10 to Midnight

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I'm usually in bed before dawn. I can tell you that much.

Votes: 48 57.8%
  • Sleep? What's that?

Votes: 13 15.7%

• Total voters
B

ByMySword

So, I stay up pretty late. Most of the time, its on here talking to you assholes. :devil:

Just wondering, how many others do the same?

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
... you mean I'm not the only one keeping you up?

Well, I've gotten 3-5 hours sleep this whole week. That means somewhere between 3 - 6am.

I plead MBTIc, INTPc, PM, chats, emails.

B

ByMySword

... you mean I'm not the only one keeping you up?

My dear, you're never on when I am, it seems. :cry:

If its any consolation, I usually lie awake in bed for a couple of hours wondering why you weren't on that night. ;)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I get the feeling online forums are havens for nightowls.

I'd be curious to know what time people usually wake up. :whistling:

For me, 1-2am when I'm a functional nightowl, average 3am when I forget to check myself, and between 2am-8am when I'm mostly nocturnal and somewhat diurnal. If I have "a lot of free time" my bad habits and nocturnal preference really come out full force and I'll routinely sleep when the sun comes up and all the birds are chirping.

I notice as I get older, I can function easily on less and less sleep. I do wonder about my poor brain cells and skin.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I usually plan on going to bed by 11pm, but usually it's around midnight. I have to leave for work by around 8am, otherwise I'd probably get in the habit of staying up later and later.

Last year I had months of insomnia where I could only sleep for about 4 hours each night. I got kinda used to the sleep deprivation. I'm sleeping better now, and I miss those extra hours of alone time late at night or early in the morning.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
My dear, you're never on when I am, it seems. :cry:

If its any consolation, I usually lie awake in bed for a couple of hours wondering why you weren't on that night. ;)

I'm on usually at night my time till the am... at work I cannot chat, but I do log to the forums (bad :( ). Just don't see you though.

Ah. Silver tongued as ever. Prithee, could I believe what my ears hear?

I try to sleep by 3am, log off MBTIc about then... read a little or write... succeed in sleeping about 4am... alarm rings at 7.30 am... I drag myself out of bed by 8am.

yes bluebell. I spend so much time at work/on other people, the night's the only time for me.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
Hahaha, when I saw the title I immediately thought, "Man, too damn late!"

If I have "a lot of free time" my bad habits and nocturnal preference really come out full force and I'll routinely sleep when the sun comes up and all the birds are chirping.

Ditto. This is the pattern I fall into when I don't have any obligations for a while. I frequently go to bed when the birds are chirping excitedly on weekends, vacations and summer break.

I'm just in general not great at going to bed on time. It's three am, I put off doing my homework again, and I have to be up at eight-thirty am! I also have yet to hang up my laundry, which just finished drying. :doh:

MBTI Type
INTJ
When I don't have to get up for work, like now, I usually stay up until 3 or 4 and sleep until 10 or 11. Sometimes if I wind up creeping my cycle ahead and find myself going to bed around 6am, I'll skip a whole night of sleep and go to bed early the next night to shock my body into a more normal schedule.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
^^ That's exactly it. Night time is 'me' time. Either it's party time or else it's quiet time but either way that's your time to enjoy yourself. With everything dark, quiet, and closed it's very conducive to wasting time with single minded focus. :)

At this point it's just a habit and I'm not a regimented or 9-5 person by nature (so working 8am-6pm M-F was just painful). I have to overcompensate by waking up hours earlier than necessary and not sleeping in on weekends. Blech.

My biorhythms however are VERY conducive to working on music videos, writing obscure manuscripts that never get published, and being the bassist in a rock band. And maybe a bartender or card dealer. You know, any career involving heathenry and vice. ;)

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I don't sleep. I just don't. And because I don't sleep, I just don't realise when I crash do. =/

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Wow. Two people need to have sleep explained to them. Logically speaking they can't be more than a couple of days old.

When I'm working I'm in bed usually before eleven and asleep by at least twelve thirty When I'm on holdiay though, instantly my sleeping hours change to 4am to 12pm

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
At least 8 hours. From anywhere between 10 pm and 5 am to anywhere between 6 am and 3 pm. But always at least 8 hours. Less makes me lose my creativity and my life becomes dull. Less than 6 h a night for several nights leaves me depressed. I prefer enjoying life and being creative to being dull and depressed.