User Tag List

View Poll Results: How late do you stay up?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm in bed before 10. My mother always said, "Early to bed, early to rise".

2 2.38%
  • Anywhere from 10 to Midnight

20 23.81%
  • I'm usually in bed before dawn. I can tell you that much.

49 58.33%
  • Sleep? What's that?

13 15.48%
First 56789 Last

MBTI
    infp

Because of school I go to sleep between 10 and midnight but if I don't have school I go to sleep whenever I'm on the brink of collasping from exhaustion...

MBTI
    INFJ

I am a total Night Owl, but when I'm working, I have to get to bed a little earlier so I can get up in the morning, usually between 6:30 and 7 am. When left to my own devices though, I can easily sleep 'til noon.

ByMySword

12:27 AM

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I stay up late, but it's mainly because of my schedule. I'm usually up until around 6:00am, and then I go to sleep until 2:00pm, and then take about an hour to get ready, and leave at either 3:00pm or 5:00pm depending on which classes I have that day. And it repeats, of course.

Then again, back when I went to school at 8:00am, I went to sleep at 11:00pm. So I guess I just try to sleep about 8 hours before I have to go somewhere, no matter when it is. Although I have to admit it's always felt easier to fall asleep after 5:00am and wake up after noon. I don't why, I've just always been that way.

MBTI
    ISTx

Uhh yeah, so I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Yesterday I worked from 12am to 8am, got off and then attempted to sleep at around 9am. I laid in bed for a lot of the day but got less than an hour of sleep I'd say. It was restless and uncomfortable. So I get up and chilled a while, watched the Sharks game and then got to bed around 1am. I slept for like 4 hours woke up and here I am at 530am. I don't know why I'm not sound asleep.

I'm gonna eat some breakfast (or whatever meal this would be considered because I don't know what kind of schedule I'm running) and probably try to lay down again.

MBTI
    GONE

Go Sharks!

I bet on them in Vegas once and I wasn't sure if they were the soccer team or the hockey team. The guy taking the bet made a face and said, 'Why the hell are you putting money down if you don't even know what sport this is?' and I replied, 'They're from my hometown!" and then he totally got it.

People are actually no truly nocturnal. Your mind may want to be up, but your body does not. It sounds like your body is trying to adjust to nocturnal schedule. Plus...you'e young. Seriously though, brains and bodies continue to develop until teh early/mid 20s, and doubly so if you are a guy.

And even when I tried to get BACK to a normal schedule where I COULD sleep in if I wanted to I would just lie awake for hours.

Is the room you sleep in completey dark? Light makes a big difference.

Sometimes, after you've stayed awake past the point your bod wants to crash, the pendulum swings the other way and you cannot sleep.

One way to help is to do trick your body's pendulum again. Next time you can't sleep, do an activity you HATE that puts you to sleep (aka bores you) or make yourself get out of bed and walk around until you feel tired. It should help.

*edit* I know I made a lot of type-os in this post, but that's what happens at 4:00 am when the keyboard is perched at a weird angle.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

I usually go to bed at 9:00pm and get up at 5:00am to fix my husband breakfast before he goes to work. A lot of nights I get up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night or get up a couple of hours early because I can't sleep and get on the net.
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

MBTI
    eNTj
    Enneagram
    8w7

Time usually escapes me throughout the night. I spend all too many nights up, only to find that my alarm clock is going off and I haven't made it to bed. If it's the weekend, I usually end up in bed by dawn or so. I probably should sleep more...

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

Go Sharks!

I bet on them in Vegas once and I wasn't sure if they were the soccer team or the hockey team. The guy taking the bet made a face and said, 'Why the hell are you putting money down if you don't even know what sport this is?' and I replied, 'They're from my hometown!" and then he totally got it.
    lol czecze. Sharks (the hockey team) lost last night... =/

Thanks for the pointers.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I usually go to bed at 9:00pm and get up at 5:00am to fix my husband breakfast before he goes to work. A lot of nights I get up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night or get up a couple of hours early because I can't sleep and get on the net.
    Wow. That is supreme marital dedication, right there.

I generally go to bed at 3 or 4am and get up at noon. My last job was fabulous, because I was teaching night classes and didn't have to rearrange my schedule at all. Gotta get another one of those.