• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How late do you stay up?

How late do you stay up?

• I'm in bed before 10. My mother always said, "Early to bed, early to rise".

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Anywhere from 10 to Midnight

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I'm usually in bed before dawn. I can tell you that much.

Votes: 48 57.8%
  • Sleep? What's that?

Votes: 13 15.7%

• Total voters

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Because of school I go to sleep between 10 and midnight but if I don't have school I go to sleep whenever I'm on the brink of collasping from exhaustion...

Griffi97

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am a total Night Owl, but when I'm working, I have to get to bed a little earlier so I can get up in the morning, usually between 6:30 and 7 am. When left to my own devices though, I can easily sleep 'til noon. :yes:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I stay up late, but it's mainly because of my schedule. I'm usually up until around 6:00am, and then I go to sleep until 2:00pm, and then take about an hour to get ready, and leave at either 3:00pm or 5:00pm depending on which classes I have that day. And it repeats, of course.

Then again, back when I went to school at 8:00am, I went to sleep at 11:00pm. So I guess I just try to sleep about 8 hours before I have to go somewhere, no matter when it is. Although I have to admit it's always felt easier to fall asleep after 5:00am and wake up after noon. I don't why, I've just always been that way.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Uhh yeah, so I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Yesterday I worked from 12am to 8am, got off and then attempted to sleep at around 9am. I laid in bed for a lot of the day but got less than an hour of sleep I'd say. It was restless and uncomfortable. So I get up and chilled a while, watched the Sharks game and then got to bed around 1am. I slept for like 4 hours woke up and here I am at 530am. I don't know why I'm not sound asleep.

I'm gonna eat some breakfast (or whatever meal this would be considered because I don't know what kind of schedule I'm running) and probably try to lay down again.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
:holy:

Go Sharks!

I bet on them in Vegas once and I wasn't sure if they were the soccer team or the hockey team. The guy taking the bet made a face and said, 'Why the hell are you putting money down if you don't even know what sport this is?' and I replied, 'They're from my hometown!" and then he totally got it.

People are actually no truly nocturnal. Your mind may want to be up, but your body does not. It sounds like your body is trying to adjust to nocturnal schedule. Plus...you'e young. :) Seriously though, brains and bodies continue to develop until teh early/mid 20s, and doubly so if you are a guy.

And even when I tried to get BACK to a normal schedule where I COULD sleep in if I wanted to I would just lie awake for hours.

Is the room you sleep in completey dark? Light makes a big difference.

Sometimes, after you've stayed awake past the point your bod wants to crash, the pendulum swings the other way and you cannot sleep.

One way to help is to do trick your body's pendulum again. Next time you can't sleep, do an activity you HATE that puts you to sleep (aka bores you) or make yourself get out of bed and walk around until you feel tired. It should help.

*edit* I know I made a lot of type-os in this post, but that's what happens at 4:00 am when the keyboard is perched at a weird angle.

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I usually go to bed at 9:00pm and get up at 5:00am to fix my husband breakfast before he goes to work. A lot of nights I get up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night or get up a couple of hours early because I can't sleep and get on the net.

Chemgrl82

MBTI Type
eNTj
Enneagram
8w7
Time usually escapes me throughout the night. I spend all too many nights up, only to find that my alarm clock is going off and I haven't made it to bed. If it's the weekend, I usually end up in bed by dawn or so. I probably should sleep more...

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
:holy:

Go Sharks!

I bet on them in Vegas once and I wasn't sure if they were the soccer team or the hockey team. The guy taking the bet made a face and said, 'Why the hell are you putting money down if you don't even know what sport this is?' and I replied, 'They're from my hometown!" and then he totally got it.

lol czecze. Sharks (the hockey team) lost last night... =/

Thanks for the pointers. ;)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I usually go to bed at 9:00pm and get up at 5:00am to fix my husband breakfast before he goes to work. A lot of nights I get up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night or get up a couple of hours early because I can't sleep and get on the net.

Wow. That is supreme marital dedication, right there.

I generally go to bed at 3 or 4am and get up at noon. My last job was fabulous, because I was teaching night classes and didn't have to rearrange my schedule at all. Gotta get another one of those.

TK*

MBTI Type
INFJ
Being a student *sigh* I gotta drag my ass to class early on weekdays. Next semester...I'm signing up for late classes, baby! All right!

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
regardless of when I get up, I still can never get to sleep before about 2am. If my body could have its way, I'd go to bed at about 3 or 4am and sleep in until midday. But I've got kids to sort out and stuff, so I just end up driving myself into the ground until the school holidays come along, then I try to catch up on my sleep.

I'm usually tired though, most of the time, I'm physically exhausted. Mentally though, I'm always firing on at least half power, but all cylinders don't really kick in until 11pm.

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
From 12AM-4AM. Weekends are worse. In the summer I practice with my weapons outside in the middle of the night, it's cooler/better then anyways. Guess I need to fix it though.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Used to stay up until 3 am every night reading, playing guitar, computering.. you know, INTP-ing. And I'd crawl out of my casket around 9:30 or so.

These days, my involvement with an early-to-bed INFJ gal has tempered that a bit-- I'm in bed by midnight now. And up before 8. Gah.. :shock:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Well, it's 3am and I'm awake. I don't really want to be though.