• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Arm/Shoulder Injuries?

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
So...I got back from the doctor's two hours ago. Apparently, I managed to both cause a fracture in my wrist, and do something to my rotator cuff (that has another appointment in two days).

I didn't really get a chance to talk to the doctor too much, so...

How long do fractures normally take to heal (I did my other wrist a few years ago, but I can't remember.), and what is the recovery period normally for a rotator cuff injury? (The doctor didn't think it would need surgery).

Oh, and both of these are on my dominant arm (left), so today wasn't exactly a wonderful day.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
I sprained my wrist last year and all the pros involved said it would have been better if it had broken... less painful and quicker to heal they said. That's a pretty lame way of trying to make you feel better.... but I really do hope you feel better soon.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I sprained my wrist last year and all the pros involved said it would have been better if it had broken... less painful and quicker to heal they said. That's a pretty lame way of trying to make you feel better.... but I really do hope you feel better soon.

Yeah, the pain isn't what's bothering me, so much as the very restricted mobility. I can't write or anything like that, and thanks to the shoulder injury, I can't (currently) raise my upper arm above my neck.

Try this when it heals.

I've done that on skis...not as dangerous as you'd expect. Because you get a fairly long run-up to the actual jump, it's almost impossible for it to go off-target, and the landing isn't too bad....bend your knees, and try to be at the same angle as what you're landing on.

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
i had a labrum tear, pretty much my arm joint was out of the shoulder socket

and probably nerve damage also

i recently had a shoulder operation, and was out of work for a month

from Feb until Mar '08

and even now, i cannot nor allowed to lift anything over 10lbs

(military) doesn't allow to go against doctor's orders

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
If you don't need surgery for your rotator cuff, that's the first good thing. I damaged mine every year during the tennis season and it would take me about 1-2 months to play on it again. Ice it everyday for 15-20 minutes, and have your shoulder get stretched out by a trainer using 5 or so stretches.