MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Probably a case of synaesthesia.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

figsfiggyfigs

You must've looked CRAZY.

It's possible there is something off with your ears. I highly suggest you see a doctor about it anyways.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I was standing in the meeting room this morning at work interrogating a new person on something for educational purposes and all of the sudden I heard flapping in one ear and had the sensation that something large was flying at my head... to the point where I ducked and then felt rather silly... the same damned thing happened 3 more times in the next 10 minutes and then a couple of other times scattered throughout the day... each time it sounded like something was flying at the right side of my head, getting closer and closer

I know that I'm in good health... I had my annual checkup a couple of weeks ago and was deemed impressively healthy... I don't think that I'm going crazy since I realized quite clearly that it wasn't real. WTF?
    I would definitely go see a doctor if I were you.
    My Mom has issues with her vestibular system, and has had difficulty with balance, and also "displaced" sensations of sound/perception.
    I don't know what the therapy was to remedy it but something helped her out, as it really was driving her batshit when it set in.
    It's re-occurred since then but never at the same severity as before.
    I hope you find some relief soon and that you can return to interrogating new recruits without any hindrances ASAP.

-Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Fortunately the noise sensations have almost stopped, unfortunately they have been replaced by the odd feeling that someone is touching me... I'm half wondering if I should see a doctor or a shrink
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

I always.feel like someones touching me or bugs crawlinv on me so you're not alone
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Fortunately the noise sensations have almost stopped, unfortunately they have been replaced by the odd feeling that someone is touching me... I'm half wondering if I should see a doctor or a shrink
    First go to an MD and then see what he or she recommends from there. Are you taking any medication?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Benadryl (diphenhydramine) has a hallucinatory effect.

MBTI
    entp

I was thinking some weird form of motion sickness but I don't even know how that feels...so yeah!

I've watched enough TV to know that you should really go get checked out...perception stuff could be an indication of your nerve cells (read: brain) going through puberty or something way more dangerous.

Yeah seems weird/unusual enough to warrant a quick doctor visit or at least call your doctor's office to see what they recommend.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Have you done any hallucinogens lately?