User Tag List

First 345

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

umm... I once dated someone who had me watch that movie on a first date! :horor: I should have turned and run then... it would have saved me much time, money and effort!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    My friend gave me decaf before and didn't tell me and I still got a withdrawl headache

I've done that before at parties with booze though- it actually worked
    Irish coffee??

(the best of two worlds)
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I drank a lot of Irish coffee on St Patricks Day when I settled into the bar for 8 hours! It combines all good things into one
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyStilettos View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned (sorry I didn't read the whole thread xD) but I saw something where two groups of people were testing coffee, one group with decaf and one normal, and the decaf people reported having the same caffiene kick when drinking it I know just thinking about coffee wakes me up a bit, so maybe try getting up with decaf? mmm.... caffiene placebooo
    but wouldn't that only work if you didn't know it was decaf? I don't know but if I knew it was decaf then I don't think I could trick my mind into it waking me up.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyStilettos View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned (sorry I didn't read the whole thread xD) but I saw something where two groups of people were testing coffee, one group with decaf and one normal, and the decaf people reported having the same caffiene kick when drinking it I know just thinking about coffee wakes me up a bit, so maybe try getting up with decaf? mmm.... caffiene placebooo
    My friend did this when she worked in our dining hall. It was during exam week so people were inhaling cups of coffee in the morning and she took me aside and told me she was serving decaf and that no one noticed. For me, I'm so sensitive to caffeine that drinking decaf does give me an actual psychological? pick me up.

Maybe it's an aromatherapy effect -- coffee has such a strong smell and really it smells better than it tastes.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    My friend did this when she worked in our dining hall. It was during exam week so people were inhaling cups of coffee in the morning and she took me aside and told me she was serving decaf and that no one noticed. For me, I'm so sensitive to caffeine that drinking decaf does give me an actual psychological? pick me up.

Maybe it's an aromatherapy effect -- coffee has such a strong smell and really it smells better than it tastes.
    Yep, since I've given up caffeine (about 3 months ago) I still get a psychological buzz from decaff coffee.

You are quite correct that coffee smells better than it tastes - as I understand it has no taste other than olfactory - if you have no sense of smell / put a peg on your nose, you can't taste coffee, only the things you add to it.