• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Caffeine Withdrawl

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
umm... I once dated someone who had me watch that movie on a first date! :horor: I should have turned and run then... it would have saved me much time, money and effort!

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
My friend gave me decaf before and didn't tell me and I still got a withdrawl headache :cry:

I've done that before at parties with booze though- it actually worked ;)

Irish coffee?? ;)

irishcoffee.jpg

(the best of two worlds)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: I drank a lot of Irish coffee on St Patricks Day when I settled into the bar for 8 hours! It combines all good things into one :wubbie:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Not sure if this was mentioned (sorry I didn't read the whole thread xD) but I saw something where two groups of people were testing coffee, one group with decaf and one normal, and the decaf people reported having the same caffiene kick when drinking it :) I know just thinking about coffee wakes me up a bit, so maybe try getting up with decaf? :D mmm.... caffiene placebooo :smile:

but wouldn't that only work if you didn't know it was decaf? I don't know but if I knew it was decaf then I don't think I could trick my mind into it waking me up.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Not sure if this was mentioned (sorry I didn't read the whole thread xD) but I saw something where two groups of people were testing coffee, one group with decaf and one normal, and the decaf people reported having the same caffiene kick when drinking it :) I know just thinking about coffee wakes me up a bit, so maybe try getting up with decaf? :D mmm.... caffiene placebooo :smile:

My friend did this when she worked in our dining hall. It was during exam week so people were inhaling cups of coffee in the morning and she took me aside and told me she was serving decaf and that no one noticed. For me, I'm so sensitive to caffeine that drinking decaf does give me an actual psychological? pick me up.

Maybe it's an aromatherapy effect -- coffee has such a strong smell and really it smells better than it tastes.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
My friend did this when she worked in our dining hall. It was during exam week so people were inhaling cups of coffee in the morning and she took me aside and told me she was serving decaf and that no one noticed. For me, I'm so sensitive to caffeine that drinking decaf does give me an actual psychological? pick me up.

Maybe it's an aromatherapy effect -- coffee has such a strong smell and really it smells better than it tastes.

Yep, since I've given up caffeine (about 3 months ago) I still get a psychological buzz from decaff coffee.

You are quite correct that coffee smells better than it tastes - as I understand it has no taste other than olfactory - if you have no sense of smell / put a peg on your nose, you can't taste coffee, only the things you add to it.