User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Eh exercising mostly just makes me hungrier, thus making me eat more. I find that I'm able to eat less food and not be hungry at all if I don't exercise. My weight loss has been extremely consistent in the past 9 months and I never purposely exercise unless i'm ultra bored. When I used to use exercise as a way to help me lose weight along with my low fat/low calorie diet, I was never successful and could never stick to it for more than a couple months because it was a sad way to live.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    Eh exercising mostly just makes me hungrier, thus making me eat more. I find that I'm able to eat less food and not be hungry at all if I don't exercise. My weight loss has been extremely consistent in the past 9 months and I never purposely exercise unless i'm ultra bored. When I used to use exercise as a way to help me lose weight along with my low fat/low calorie diet, I was never successful and could never stick to it for more than a couple months because it was a sad way to live.
    Make sure to test your blood pressure. O.-

Just because you lose weight doesn't mean your blood pressure is actually lower. One of the few ways people keep blood pressure low is through exercising and eating a lower sodium content food.

It is why people stress exercise so much... even if it is something as simple as walking the stairs up to floor 10.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I check my blood pressure almost every day and it is lower.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Both have an effect. The amount of food has more of an effect, because it's easier to eat 10% fewer calories than it is to burn 10% more calories. The fact that our normal daily activity burns, say, 2000 calories, and running a mile burns roughly 100 calories, you'd have to run 2 miles to burn off 10% ... or you can just put 10% less food on your plate.
    Because I excercise, I could eat Pizza, Fried Chicken, Ice Cream and Chocolate and Salty Snacks and still fit into my waist size 30" Levi 511 Skinny Fits and feel great doing so.

My workout:

Stretch
    Leg Raises
    Crunches
    Pilates, if I'm up for that, they go here
    Cardio (in any given order):
    Treadmill 5 minutes
    that's usually 36-76 calories burnt doing this, depending on how fast I have it.

Rowing Machine 2, 000 Metres (This should take people 10 minutes but, I do it in like 8/9 minutes)
    like 119 calories burnt doing this

Cross Country Trainer 30 minutes + 5 minutes cool down
    like 400 calories burnt doing this

Excercise Bike, I cycle like 6/7 miles on this thing on average.
    like 360 calories burnt doing this.

weights:

I like to stretch and tone my muscles, so that's like 25k on my limbs at 25 reps and 35k at 25 reps on my chest; setting 7 on all other presses and curls, assisted sit up I put 10k on.

Stretch
    Leg Raises
    Crunches
    and; again, if I do any Pilates, they'd go here.

I did that today without the Pilates.

I ate but didn't finish an Iceland (supermarket, not the country) microwave Beef Curry, with horrid rice; I like rice, but this microwave stuff just, wasn't to my liking, ate most of the curry sauce and beef and stuff, I ate a bit of the rice, I did try, I even fried a scrambled egg and put that on top, ate the egg and some more rice but the rice tasted like cardboard so I left it and went straight to the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I check my blood pressure almost every day and it is lower.
    You must be eating sensibly then, especially for the fact that you are checking your blood pressure every day.

But that is an issue, people don't think about what they eat. So they can achieve their weight goals and still have a lot of hidden problems they don't see.

Both have an effect. The amount of food has more of an effect, because it's easier to eat 10% fewer calories than it is to burn 10% more calories. The fact that our normal daily activity burns, say, 2000 calories, and running a mile burns roughly 100 calories, you'd have to run 2 miles to burn off 10% ... or you can just put 10% less food on your plate.
    You can also eat food that don't contain as much calories but high in nutrients.... I mean, holy(considering I am not a person who wants to lose weight,) some of the stuff I came up with have a lot of nutrients along with protein, unsaturated fats, lower carbs, low sodium... and they were surprisingly GOOD. It took some time, but I would be willing to eat what I came up with. I would guess, all of that in one sitting with about 400 calories a serving (I've been trying to dump as many good calories into it as much as possible because I really am not trying to lose weight.)

Of course, it is because I made it with fruits, vegetables, and meats that I like (which are surprisingly healthy anyways.) It is definitely cheaper than getting a food to-go (and doesn't take long to make and pack.)

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

The amount you eat...

Don't skip meals, don't eat too much; eat smart.

Instead of having 3 big meals a day, have like 15 small ones; the more you eat, the more you stretch your stomach; the more you stretch your stomach, the more food you'd need to feed it. - To combat this, they say eat small portions frequently.

Now are you suggesting it's wise to not eat 100 calories if you're not going to burn it off opose to just burning it off? Why even be like 'I'm saving myself 100 calories by not eating this mini Kit Kat' when you're not going to burn off anything?

But hey, what works for you is whatever, it's not my body.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    471 sx/sp

Since I've gone low carb I've lost basically 70 lbs. And that's since may of this year. Now I'm going to combine cardio every single day, and I hope to see an even bigger effect on my body!

So I'm trying something slightly different here. While part of what I am eating has more carbs, it also contain lots of potassium and some amounts of fiber (and other nutrients.)

I'm attempting two potatoes a day along with a type of grain (high in dietary fiber, and a nice amount of protein,) Olive oil, fruits and vegetables to make a salad (with my own squeezed dressing.) To top it off, I'll be making my own squeezed juices from now on. I've developed what I am trying for more than a week (and it tastes really good to me.)

The attempt will have more potassium over sodium (the salt I'm using is 50/50 potassium/sodium, lots of the food I used contain more potassium over sodium) but it also have a ton of other nutrients. So I'll see how it goes within a week (this is my takeout food for a while.)

I'll be taking a daily vitamin (once every other day) for any vitamins I'd probably missed.

My hope is that I'll see a big difference in my blood pressure by the end of the week but that I'll also gain some weight (that is only because my weight is already really low.) I'm hypothesizing that my weight will stagnate somewhere even with all the carbs I am eating (along with the 50/50 solution I am using.) I've tried what I was eating for the last few days to see how I'll like it. Let me tell you, I've been full each and every single meal that I had eating it for hours at a time(which is really rare.)

I thought of adding meat, but wasn't sure what to add. Avocados (not a meat.. but I was looking for a high protein... and Avocados are comparable) would be nice, but for $1+ per avocado, that's a lot of $$$. Canned tuna was nice... but the amount of sodium in that thing was atrocious. And, well, I haven't really cooked any type of meat that I have thoroughly enjoyed as much as my salad creation. Other than that, I'll be eating other foods, but the salad and potatoes would be my dominant meal outside of the house.

Hmmmm to be more specific, most of what I am eating contains more carbs than fats/protein (except for the olive oil.) But I suppose that is because most of it is fruits and vegetables.

So, I'm loving this high carb (mainly complex carbs), low fat (note: good fat[Olive, Canola] as opposed to overly saturated or trans fat,) moderate protein where most of the protein comes from the food I eat themselves(I say diet because this is not my normal routine... but I may very well make this part of my normal routine. This would be my healthy portion to go on my less healthy portion at home) and contained Potassium/Sodium diet.

I haven't touch certain processed food to get my carbs. The majority of it has come from the fruits and vegetables themselves with the exception of adding sugar to my lemon juice.

I've only had one meal today, and I still feel like I'm full. I've stuffed about 900 calories in that one setting. It has been 9 hours since I ate that meal. Then again, I haven't felt constantly this full in ages.

Obviously, I feel like starches aren't the devil right about now, just the overly processed sugar are what you are looking at.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Been off sugar a week. Lost one pound. No headaches.