User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

earmuffs @TheStarchDefenders they know not what they say!!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I think when it comes to food.. people need a diet that they can stick to, whatever that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    However, carbs aren't the devil here. Refined sugars are the devil.

Veggies and fruit are necessary for nutrients and vitamins and minerals. Having carbs with fiber is what helps keep your blood sugar from spiking, so eating an orange is preferable to drinking orange juice, etc.
    Agree with both kyuuei and Saturned.

Carbs are in everything. If you want to see how much carbs you are having, try this

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

It only takes a couple of minutes a day to keep up with it. I am shooting for 30% or less fat in my diet per day.

I have been on many low carb diets and they do work. However it's better to eat healthy, manage your caloric intake and exercise. I've been using the Ipad app for the above and have lost about 10 pounds in the last four weeks. Just managing the intake. I blow it on weekends (especially Saturday) but it still seems to work. For example, one day I had 2200 calories of pizza in one sitting. You don't realize the number of calories without looking at something like this.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    earmuffs @TheStarchDefenders they know not what they say!!
    D:
    Dirt Farmer

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Today marks my last day of sugar.

Since cutting out my daily hot chocolate (2 cups - 4 spoons sugar) and daily Coke, my weight hasn't changed significantly, but my skin looks incredibly much better. A number of people have commented on it.

I'm not planning on cutting out all carbs (I already don't eat gluten, so it takes care of a lot of that stuff, but I intend to continue eating fruit). However, I have decided to try a 30 day challenge of no chocolate or sugary drinks, juices, baking, or desserts etc. I'm curious to see if there will be any visible or felt differences. My niece is doing it too, so I will keep posting as I notice any changes.

WhoCares

Carbs are not the devil as far as I'm concerned. Highly processed carbs I avoid, but I eat as many vegetables, cooked and raw as I like. I also eat as much rice as I want (about a cup a day) and have no problems with weight. What I don't tend to eat is desserts and bakery nor copious amounts of dairy. My diet is radically different to most people simply because I don't eat processed carbs (breakfast cereals, bread and pasta) which tends to make up the majority of most peoples diet. I dont believe we suffer from a carb overload, I believe we suffer from a vegetable deficency and bread is what most people replace the missing vegetables with. A quick look at my coworkers lunch reveals that a lot if people are living on meat and bread with some cheese for flavouring, no wonder they have weight issues.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

This is the third day with no sugar. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I had a massive headache yesterday all day (felt kind of like a permanent ice cream brainfreeze headache), which I've never had before and which I can't really attribute to anything else. I'm also really tired, despite getting a good amount of sleep. We'll see if anything changes in a couple of weeks.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    This is the third day with no sugar. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I had a massive headache yesterday all day (felt kind of like a permanent ice cream brainfreeze headache), which I've never had before and which I can't really attribute to anything else. I'm also really tired, despite getting a good amount of sleep. We'll see if anything changes in a couple of weeks.
    Was coke your only source of caffiene? That could account for the headache.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Nope, I quit Coke in January. I didn't think I eat that much sugar, but I do have a little bit everyday.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Lack of exercise, that's 'The Devil'

I don't think what you eat is the only thing that matters; if you don't burn it off then, what's the point?

Sure, you could eat healthily, but, it's not really about what you eat, it's about how active you are; I think.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat View Post
    Lack of exercise, that's 'The Devil'

I don't think what you eat is the only thing that matters; if you don't burn it off then, what's the point?

Sure, you could eat healthily, but, it's not really about what you eat, it's about how active you are; I think.
    Both have an effect. The amount of food has more of an effect, because it's easier to eat 10% fewer calories than it is to burn 10% more calories. The fact that our normal daily activity burns, say, 2000 calories, and running a mile burns roughly 100 calories, you'd have to run 2 miles to burn off 10% ... or you can just put 10% less food on your plate.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.