User Tag List

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Default Seasonal affective lights

Anyone have experience with one? I keep having to go to a tanning bed (wearing spf six for a little protection) every few days this time of year to stay awake. Otherwise I am sleeping over 12 hours and spend my waking hours just functioning. I don't really want to trade current depression for future melanoma, and I'm not at all productive without light, so I think it's time to purchase one of those lights. Any good brands out there?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Vitamin D and Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Anyone have experience with one? I keep having to go to a tanning bed (wearing spf six for a little protection) every few days this time of year to stay awake. Otherwise I am sleeping over 12 hours and spend my waking hours just functioning. I don't really want to trade current depression for future melanoma, and I'm not at all productive without light, so I think it's time to purchase one of those lights. Any good brands out there?
    Dear shortnsweet, as your Sun leaves you in winter to summer in Australia, you receive much less of the Sun's rays, and so you produce far less vitamin D. This can be remedied with a 1,000 milligrams of vitamin D every day in the form of a little pill.

So if you take your vitamin D over your winter, I promise to send the Sun back to you in time for summer.

Would I lie to you, dear shortnsweet? We have the Sun here and I promise to send it back just in time for summer.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Dear shortnsweet, as your Sun leaves you in winter to summer in Australia, you receive much less of the Sun's rays, and so you produce far less vitamin D. This can be remedied with a 1,000 milligrams of vitamin D every day in the form of a little pill.

So if you take your vitamin D over your winter, I promise to send the Sun back to you in time for summer.

Would I lie to you, dear shortnsweet? We have the Sun here and I promise to send it back just in time for summer.
    No, it's not a vitamin D issue, it's a melatonin issue. Need to take melatonin nightly in the summer and get light daily in the winter. (and yes, I take D3.) I need a light.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

SingSmileShine

I hope you're feeling better, shortnsweet! That happens to me this time of year, too - I'm always so tired that even when I'm awake (which is rare) I'm ready to collapse in exhaustion. I hope you feel more lively, and have a very happy new year!

Plus, being tired constantly can also be a sign of depression or some other ailment - I know that's a far stretch, but for me I'm never "just tired".

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I wish I knew more about good brands etc too. I know that one of the biggest problems is actualoly spending enough time in front of the light once you get it. They have hats with lights or something crazy so that you can still get stuff done while you are getting the light you need. I got overwhelmed with too much information and gave up after a bit.

Have you ever checked out those alarm clocks that wake you up gradually by slowly flooding the room with light, much like a sunrise? I'm interested in getting one of those, as I find it much, much easier to wake up as soon as the days start getting longer and the light comes in in the morning.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Sorry, where do you live?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    MBTI
    Enneagram
    0w0

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I wish I knew more about good brands etc too. I know that one of the biggest problems is actualoly spending enough time in front of the light once you get it. They have hats with lights or something crazy so that you can still get stuff done while you are getting the light you need. I got overwhelmed with too much information and gave up after a bit.

Have you ever checked out those alarm clocks that wake you up gradually by slowly flooding the room with light, much like a sunrise? I'm interested in getting one of those, as I find it much, much easier to wake up as soon as the days start getting longer and the light comes in in the morning.
    im not that person, but i totally recommend those!
    i had every winter seasonal affective disorder which caused depression, especially at mornings.
    i felt every morning, that id rather die than wake up into the depressive constant darkness, until i got one of those to make waking op much more pleasany.

still, i too have meatonin issue.

offtopic: just now, i see sun first time for months! eh, i directly looked at it as i was so surprised <.<
    silly me >.<

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Reviving this thread. Anyone have light brand recommendations?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes gromit liked this post