User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default @Whatever, I need your expert opinion

@whatever how do you tell if you're an alcoholic vs just might have a small problem with drinking?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I have to be somewhat amused at appearing in the thread title... I shall feel honored!

there are always the checklists that appear online to assess your drinking problem level, but from a more personal viewpoint:

- you NEED a drink after a rough day... it's what you think about and feel like you deserve/need

- you may need a drink to fall asleep at night

- you drink to the point where you don't really remember the night before... and you don't always do it on purpose

- you feel uncomfortable in social situations without alcohol available

- you blow off family, friends, work or some other major responsibility or even hobby to drink instead

- you can't imagine celebrating or unwinding without immediately associating alcohol

- you drink to like yourself better/forget that you don't like yourself/your life

- you would rather drink by yourself or with strangers than spend an evening out with friends or family with no alcohol available

I have to say that if you have to question things though, you might have a problem
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTj

The thread title doesn't make sense.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it's because I've been rather open and honest about my problems on the site, I guess
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I have to be somewhat amused at appearing in the thread title... I shall feel honored!

there are always the checklists that appear online to assess your drinking problem level, but from a more personal viewpoint:

- you NEED a drink after a rough day... it's what you think about and feel like you deserve/need

- you may need a drink to fall asleep at night

- you drink to the point where you don't really remember the night before... and you don't always do it on purpose

- you feel uncomfortable in social situations without alcohol available

- you blow off family, friends, work or some other major responsibility or even hobby to drink instead

- you can't imagine celebrating or unwinding without immediately associating alcohol

- you drink to like yourself better/forget that you don't like yourself/your life

- you would rather drink by yourself or with strangers than spend an evening out with friends or family with no alcohol available

I have to say that if you have to question things though, you might have a problem
    everything except blacking out and falling asleep fits
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

sorry chickenz

MBTI
    yupp

it's alright. i have no money to drink anyways although if i hadn't told my therapist i'd take a break i'd probably run up debt. I still don't think %100 that i have a problem, i think it's getting out of hand but not a problem yet.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

To be honest, if all but 2 things on that list apply you do have a problem... I should know since I listed my own personal symptoms there

MBTI
    yupp

yeah probably,but i'm not quite ready to admit it, i'm doing OK with saying i won't drink for a month, but saying i should quit all together is too much and makes me want to drink to oblivion, i want to do that now but i'm resisting. i don't think i can make it more than a month.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Start drinking coffee, it helps! And it takes some time to put things in perspective sometimes!