User Tag List

First 234

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    So funny how many guys I have met who have this issue of not being able to eat enough or hold on to weight. I had a male friend years ago tell me "don't call me skinny, never call a guy skinny". I think the preferred term was 'slender'. Haha. What kind of food do you eat by the way? Do you mean it's hard to hit 2500 because you just don't like eating or because with the food you eat it's hard to eat that many calories?
    I eat when I am hungry and usually until I am full, which isn't a whole lot compared to how some guys can be considered "pigs" eating this way. But that is probably the reason why I can't get the calories I am trying to get, I just don't stuff myself, nor do I force stuff myself with food. But that extra calories is a pain to get on a daily basis.

Carbs probably contain most of my eating habits and usually followed by protein. I do eat fastfood here and there, but it does not take up the majority of my eating habits (hardly at all.)

Probably the thing I need to eat more are fruits and vegetables (yes, I do like eating them... but I don't eat enough of them.)

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    I eat when I am hungry and usually until I am full, which isn't a whole lot compared to how some guys can be considered "pigs" eating this way. But that is probably the reason why I can't get the calories I am trying to get, I just don't stuff myself, nor do I force stuff myself with food. But that extra calories is a pain to get on a daily basis.

Carbs probably contain most of my eating habits and usually followed by protein. I do eat fastfood here and there, but it does not take up the majority of my eating habits (hardly at all.)

Probably the thing I need to eat more are fruits and vegetables (yes, I do like eating them... but I don't eat enough of them.)
    I just noticed the 'J' in your type. That is such a J trait I think, to be more of picky or particular eater. I don't force myself to eat either, but if I find something tasty I will eat a lot of it. And I will easily eat too many bites of something because I realize I'm full too late. My eyes have always been bigger than my stomach and whether I cook for myself or for others I always way overestimate the amount of ingredients used. So when I make smoothies for myself there's almost always an extra cup full.

If it's an issue for you I'd eat more healthy fats. Like avocados and nuts. And in your case you might actually try smoothies to add nutrients as well as calories. You could probably eat a peanut butter (low sugar kind) soy protein shake 2x a day as a 'treat' and it would help you hit your 2500.

Curious, but would you say you 'live to eat' or 'eat to live'? >_<

*edit*

Wait, I think your previous posts already answered that question. :P
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Curious, but would you say you 'live to eat' or 'eat to live'? >_<

*edit*

Wait, I think your previous posts already answered that question. :P
    Eat to live. Hahahaha

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

That's why the interesting question in obesity research is not why some people get fat but how some people manage not to. The fraction of people that live a "healthy lifestyle" in the west is tiny, much smaller than the fraction of people that are normal or thinner weight. Something else is going on.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    That's why the interesting question in obesity research is not why some people get fat but how some people manage not to. The fraction of people that live a "healthy lifestyle" in the west is tiny, much smaller than the fraction of people that are normal or thinner weight. Something else is going on.
    That could probably be its own heated food/eating culture debate. A lot of it is that people tend to eat mindlessly. Not just in that people in the states munch on snacks and eat in front of the TV or computers or desks but that we've lost the relationship to our food. Generally we don't know where our food comes from or the process or conditions in which the food was cultivated, harvested, raised, butchered, delivered, etc. We're almost literally being spoon fed while the government and big business create this monolithic food-industrial complex. That's why you see extremes in the states between 'average Americans' and people who are extremely conscious and aware of their food - namely ethical vegans/vegetarians, people who are now sick due partly to poor nutrition and eating and now must monitor their food religiously, and culinary elitists. All aware of their food in different ways but in much more informed capacities than the average consumer.

Also this:

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Eat to live. Hahahaha

It's just too damn easy to eat lots of delicious food on the cheap in the states. You have to have an anomalous level of *not enjoying food* to not succumb to it. Most people will gorge themselves and over eat quite a bit given the opportunity. And the opportunity is always there. A small percentage of people naturally will only eat if something is 1) absolutely delicious 2) within their stringent personal taste limits or 3) they are truly hungry.

Meaning only a small percentage naturally stop themselves exactly when they are full like Quinlan or just don't want to eat even if they may be a little hungry because the food isn't good enough for them. Wish I had that. It's not a question of discipline it's literally that person does not feel like eating more. That's why it's rare. I'd guess evolution wise that lack of desire to gorge oneself actually played against the species.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

:c I feel you Cze cze! Mine is like 1300.. WtF!?... Luckily for me, I'm not concerned with losing weight, I'm trying to gain muscle so I get to eat more than that

BUT!! If you're concerned about it, I've posted it a lot in the exercise discussion threads, but there's those substitution diets that work REALLY well at keeping your calorie count in check. I was looser about it than the recipe books call for, but I still stuck to them enough to make them effective.

- Cook the meals in the books and count the calories in them as per normal.. if you leave something out, it is still the same calorie count. (I liked cook yourself thin since I could steal the recipes from the internet easily.)
    - Don't count juice, tea, milk, or water as calories.
    - Don't count fruits and veggies not specified in recipes as calories (so if you get hungry these things are 'free')
    - Always round up if you're not sure on a calorie count
    - If you go out to eat, count whatever you ate as 500 calories, whether it's actually more or less than that.
    - If I felt myself faltering on a particular meal (breakfast, for example) I'd just buy frozen breakfast foods.. eating something fast is better than skipping it, imo.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

It's just too damn easy to eat lots of delicious food on the cheap in the states. You have to have an anomalous level of *not enjoying food* to not succumb to it. Most people will gorge themselves and over eat quite a bit given the opportunity. And the opportunity is always there. A small percentage of people naturally will only eat if something is 1) absolutely delicious 2) within their stringent personal taste limits or 3) they are truly hungry.

Meaning only a small percentage naturally stop themselves exactly when they are full like Quinlan or just don't want to eat even if they may be a little hungry because the food isn't good enough for them. Wish I had that. It's not a question of discipline it's literally that person does not feel like eating more. That's why it's rare. I'd guess evolution wise that lack of desire to gorge oneself actually played against the species.
    Yep, I can also be considered a picky eater also. There are certain foods I won't touch or let someone else eat them. The two most easy examples I can think of are lobster and crab (I do like shrimp though.) I will only touch lobster or crab if it is made into a soup. I am mostly a picky eater when it comes to meat.

But generally, when I feel full, I just stop.