User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    R U FREAKING KIDDING ME ABOUT STARBUCKS? I know people who go there religiously.... that's a lotta calories.
    Truth is (more fattening) than fiction!

I drink Americanos now. And better yet, I french press strong coffee at home and add just a touch of low or non fat soy (does nonfat soy exist?) I remember once getting some seasonal frappucinoed abomination at Starf*cks when I went in to work (on a motherf*cking Sunday!!!) and it was so sweet licking the whip cream off my lips made me diabetic.

Starbucks nutrition website is kinda sketch and purposely not that user friendly. But a regular 16 ounce 'Double Chocolatey Chip Frappucino' is 500 calories. A 16 ounce egg nog latte is 460 calories. Once you get into the Venti's (their large sizes) you could feed starving children with them. Of course, the kids would still be undernourished.

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/catalo...ink=all&page=2

I think what I had (the last flavored drink I've ever gotten at Starf*cks, it was that jarring) was something with maple syrup.

I applaud NYC for mandating nutrition/caloric info on fast food restaurant menus. I remember I was at Penn Station and thought it was odd I was the only customer at Aunti Anne's preztels then I realized when I was handing over my money that the tiny little 'snack' I bought had combined 700 calories or something. OMG.

You should look at 'worst food lists' for fun. There are a couple around. LOL at "worst food in America". Those chili cheese fries look pretty awesome in a heart stoppingly cellulite inflating way. I know some say 'you can eat anything in moderation' but fast food restaurants don't make millions off moderation.

http://www.menshealth.com/20worst/worstfood.html

I've heard that Americans 'drink their calories'. This used to mean booze and then sodas but now it means coffees and even 'sports drinks'.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...hotos.all.html

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    I have a calorie/nutrition tracker app. I'm vaguely interested in calorie restriction/optimal nutrition for longevity and am experimenting.
    Interesting because there's the 'super low calorie' diet that supposedly makes you live longer. It's mostly men who do it. It's not meant for weight loss but rather longevity. Not sure how a chronic caloric deficit helps your body run longer but allegedly there's experimental data that backs it up.

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/health/crondiet.html
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

violaine

Yeah, I'm not interested in weight loss. I just want to live a long ass time. :-) (And preferably without yucky, excess cholesterol clogging everything up. Whenever I feel like something fatty fat fat I just think of the cholesterol, )

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Wow. If you did it correctly I wouldn't say it's bad. I guess it's only bad if you find it very hard to eat around that many calories a day.
    I've eaten that many calories today just eating the home made cherry scones i made earlier. Hmmmm, warm scones

Just to understand this better, Do i only need to eat this many calories to function or if i eat over this amount of calories i'll put on weight because if it is the latter, then i'm screwed. Lol
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Glycerine

Just to function doing absolutely nothing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Saslou View Post
    I've eaten that many calories today just eating the home made cherry scones i made earlier. Hmmmm, warm scones

Just to understand this better, Do i only need to eat this many calories to function or if i eat over this amount of calories i'll put on weight because if it is the latter, then i'm screwed. Lol
    You add your BMR to the number of calories you estimate that you burn daily doing things like exercise and being on your feet and active. If you put more calories in than you burn you gain, less and you lose. There are formulae around I just don't have one on hand to give you.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

Glycerine

Darn it, all this calorie and diet talk makes me waaaaaannnt food.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by earthtrekker1775 View Post
    You add your BMR to the number of calories you estimate that you burn daily doing things like exercise and being on your feet and active. If you put more calories in than you burn you gain, less and you lose. There are formulae around I just don't have one on hand to give you.
    Haha, i don't waste my time worrying about things like my daily burn/exercise regime.
    Thanks for explaining though
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Not a calorie counter and haven't found it difficult to maintain weight. If anything, over the last couple of years, have lost weight from reducing crap consumption. It's easy to maintain your weight if you avoid processed sugar (soft drinks, baked goods, etc.), junk food in general and maintain a reasonable and consistent exercise program.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I'm guessing you are either a guy (arrgh so many guys have this "problem" of naturally easily losing weight or being slender) or a true ectomorphic female and picky eater?
    I'm a guy, but 2000 calories is not a healthy calorie count, nor is it giving mea healthy BMI or BMR. With minimum exercise, I should be eating at least 2500 calories.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    I'm a guy, but 2000 calories is not a healthy calorie count, nor is it giving mea healthy BMI or BMR. With minimum exercise, I should be eating at least 2500 calories.
    So funny how many guys I have met who have this issue of not being able to eat enough or hold on to weight. I had a male friend years ago tell me "don't call me skinny, never call a guy skinny". I think the preferred term was 'slender'. Haha. What kind of food do you eat by the way? Do you mean it's hard to hit 2500 because you just don't like eating or because with the food you eat it's hard to eat that many calories?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari