• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

BREAKING: Pizza is now a vegetable

T

ThatGirl

That didn't say that PIZZA was a vegetable, just the tomato sauce. I thought tomato was a fruit?

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was going to rant/vent some more, until I realized:

Allow USDA to count two tablespoons of tomato paste as a vegetable, as it does now. The department had attempted to require that only a half-cup of tomato paste could be considered a vegetable — too much to put on a pizza.

Seems like this is all about splitting hairs, and the sensational headlines "Pizza is a vegetable!@##@!#@!!@#" are just senseless hype.

Then again the lack of 1/2c of tomato sauce on the pizza isn't my gripe with it, it's with those so-called "Healthy Whole Grains". . .

rav3n

said Kraig Naasz, president of the American Frozen Food Institute.
'Nuff said. Agenda anyone?

Of all the crazy stunts. What an embarrassing example of Republicans supporting lobbyists. Yes, stuff the children full of high sodium, high fat, low nutritional return foods to prep them for adult obesity, hence vacuum more garbage.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
this is exactly what my mom's fighting against by educating people correct nutrition especially inner city kids

Beorn

Permabanned

Of all the crazy stunts. What an embarrassing example of Republicans supporting lobbyists. Yes, stuff the children full of high sodium, high fat, low nutritional return foods to prep them for adult obesity, hence vacuum more garbage.

It's the inevitable result of centralizing decision making power.

The idea that people in DC know better about what the kids should eat at the school across the street from me than administrators and parents in this community is crazy.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
It's the inevitable result of centralizing decision making power.

The idea that people in DC know better about what the kids should eat at the school across the street from me than administrators and parents in this community is crazy.

In my experience, parents and school administrators are among the most intelligent and adept decision-makers.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
10064-fat_kid_loves_his_mcdonalds-a_fat_kid_eating_a_fatty_meal_and_washing_it_down_with_a_fat_ass_cola.jpg

I bet this won't help the bullying statistics.
Edit: Actually my logic could be wrong, since if everybody gets obese there is no point in bullying obeses.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pizza a vegetable? There really is a god! :yay:

In all seriousness I'm actually ok with pizza being considered a veggie as well as less limits being put on school lunches; the governent does not need to be telling people what they can or can't eat.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Pizza a vegetable? There really is a god! :yay:

In all seriousness I'm actually ok with pizza being considered a veggie as well as less limits being put on school lunches; the governent does not need to be telling people what they can or can't eat.

The point is that the schools can now give kids vegetables. This isn't about restricting lunches, this is about expanding the possibilities. In the old days, before pizza was a vegetable, a school may have been inclined to provide other, less delicious vegetables in school lunches. But today, we can get our vegetables as pizza.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The point is that the schools can now give kids vegetables. This isn't about restricting lunches, this is about expanding the possibilities. In the old days, before pizza was a vegetable, a school may have been inclined to provide other, less delicious vegetables in school lunches. But today, we can get our vegetables as pizza.

All in all though, it's still a win for children and teens everywhere.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Eat your veggies

They are good for you

Eat more pizza

yes I see your point, but [MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION] is arguing that will give kids more options, when in fact it won't because they're not going to start making 5 different things everyday. it's always going to be one thing for that day still not seeing the more options.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
what if a kid doesn't like pizza? hmmm? s/he has no options. I didn't really like pizza til i entered adulthood, but i love it now.

Well, cheesburger's usually have lettuce on them, so why not make them a vegetable as well? There's actually a lot of foods that could be considered 'vegetables'.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I had a frien who would deliver pizza to grade schools. He occasionally gave me one of those pizzas. And the ones for the schools were especially gross. It was as if they replaced half of the cheese with grease.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

My thoughts exactly. I didn't even need to read most of the article to think high sodium and high fat.

I mean, looking at the ingredients of canned and frozen foods, one of the highest content in them are sodium and fat.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
My thoughts exactly. I didn't even need to read most of the article to think high sodium and high fat.

I mean, looking at the ingredients of canned and frozen foods, one of the highest content in them are sodium and fat.

Vegetables are loaded with sodium and fat. Vegetables are good for you.