User Tag List

Default Homemade Face Wash Recipe?

Anybody know a good recipe for facial cleanser that doesn't dry out skin too much? I had this natural stuff but I didn't use it fast enough and it went bad. So I'm thinking maybe I can make up a smaller batch myself, and then it won't go bad because I will use it.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I saw this one on Pinterest.

One tablespoon raw organic honey

Combine with one teaspoon baking soda in palm

Rub together and then massage gently in circular motions on face

Let sit for a minute then rinse thoroughly with warm or even cold water (hot water would dry your skin further)
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INXP

I's got one.
    Take a bunch of scented extra soft tissues and put them in a jar. Water it down and mix with a wooden spoon. Add small chunks of apricots in it and mix more until it become liquid.
    Done.

i actually tried this thing i read in vogue: http://www.vogue.com/vogue-daily/art...kin-face-mask/

Fresh Pumpkin Face Mask

The culinary charms of pumpkin—baked into the season’s sweet breads, folded into its spiced pies, and infused into one seminal Starbucks latte—need no introduction. Its stealthier role as a natural skin-perfecting ingredient, on the other hand, has remained distinctly under the radar until recently. “Pumpkin is loaded with natural exfoliating acids and antioxidants, meaning it has amazing resurfacing and retexturing benefits,” says Santa Monica-based aesthetician Chanel Jenae, who uses the active pulp in facial peels at the city’s pristine Arcona Studio “to brighten, calm breakouts, and soften the appearance of fine lines and sun damage.” While high-tech skin care companies have harnessed its powers with sleekly packaged pumpkin-spiked enzyme masks and lotions (see slide show), there’s something refreshingly old-fashioned about whipping up your own version over the long weekend. Here, Jenae’s simple recipe for a fresh pumpkin face mask which, if a long walk in the crisp fall air should fail to do the trick, promises to infuse skin with that requisite holiday glow.

INGREDIENTS:
    • ¼ cup pumpkin
    • 1 egg
    • 1 teaspoon almond milk (for dry skin)
    • ½ teaspoon honey (for dry skin)
    • 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or cranberry juice (for oily skin)

DIRECTIONS:
    Purée ¼ cup of fresh pumpkin pulp into a thick paste before adding the egg (“it acts as a binder and contains additional nutrients,” says Jenae). If your skin is dry, stir in a splash of omega-rich almond milk and ½ teaspoon of humectant honey. For oilier complexions, try apple cider vinegar or cranberry juice (both contain natural antiseptic properties) instead. Mix well and apply the mask for 10–20 minutes, depending on your skin sensitivity, then rinse with cool water and moisturize as usual.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I saw this one on Pinterest.

One tablespoon raw organic honey

Combine with one teaspoon baking soda in palm

Rub together and then massage gently in circular motions on face

Let sit for a minute then rinse thoroughly with warm or even cold water (hot water would dry your skin further)
    This looks simple I think I will have a go. I saw something similar with honey and olive oil and maybe brown sugar or something.

@Mr. Cat and @mmhmm yours look interesting but unfortunately perhaps too elaborate that I'd actually try/end up doing on a regular basis.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTP

mmhmm's sounds like a recipe for pie

A window to the soul

When the blueberries and strawberries are ready for pickin' go on out and get ya some; the ripest on the vine. Then, smish, smash, and smudge them babies with lemon and baby shampoo. Wash your face with this concoction and feel the magic. If anything should go wrong, don't call me, call 911.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I have tons of these. I will post some this weekend when I have time.

If you're also looking for a natural toner, rosewater is the way to go. All you have to do is to soak a goodly amount of rose petals or rosehips in boiled, clarified water for 30 minutes. Then refrigerate. Lasts for around a week so don't make too much.