User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Red, I'll send you a PM. I've only heard of TNF inhibitors once, and I know nothing about them. NEVER heard of DMARDs. I've also been diagnosed with Reynaud's and Sjogren's syndrome. My father has sleep disruptions as does my mother, and my father shows signs of spondylitis as well.

Ceecee, what sort of PT and abdominal exercises do you do? My body reacts to exercise either very well or very badly. I have 3 pound weights to help build me up by degrees, and I walk/do isolation exercises.
    Laying on my back is the worst position. Because of that, my PT found some that I could do standing. I started with 5 lb dumbells in each hand and worked up to 10 lbs.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr....ygngsL6KZXg%3D

After a couple months I added the traditional ab moves on my back. I use the elliptical every other day and walking plus some Pilates stretching on my hamstrings.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

^I've noted the same affect. I don't know if I can really give up all sweets but I do know that I absolutely cannot overindulge without paying a price. I've had some raging inflammation from that. My friend sent me some information about the connection between insulin regulation and sweets (apparently humans were not made to consume large amounts of sweets without overloading the system).

Other people have noticed that they cannot consume chocolate, foods in the nightshade family, and legumes without triggering flares.

I have noticed flares associated with monthly hormonal changes. It was much worse when I was younger and took BCPs. They seem to have eased up a lot more since I switched to progesterone only.

P.S. Let's see those recipes! I'm always game to experimenting with food.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Yes, please do share recipes if you have them!

I *strongly* limit my sugar intake. I don't handle it well, and what "sweet" I do get is unprocessed sugar cane or fruit/vegetable sugar, like dates. I eat potato and tomato, and haven't eliminated them from my diet because I seem to handle them okay right now. If they truly pose a problem, I *will* cut them out. My diet can get limited quickly and I have to keep certain doors open if they don't immediately or drastically floor me.

I don't eat chocolate. It gives me pounding migraines. *grumble*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    yupp
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

magnets are useless

have you tried not eating sugar and high fructose corn syrup? those cause serious problems with some people.

MBTI
    INTP

Domino, have you explored macrobiotics? I ask because I've just gone vegan, but I've also been reading about macrobiotics, which Redbone reminded me of when she mentioned the nightshade veggies. It's believed that those trigger or later cause arthritis. Another idea is eating only things that are in season and locally grown--in other words, things that aren't meant for that season or your climate can stress the body. Don't know if there's anything to that, but it might be worth exploring.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Ginger has been a lifesaver. Without it, I would be on anti-nausea medication constantly. I get a little garlic in my diet, but turmeric is absolutely on my list of things to try.
    Ha. I came here to recommend ginger.
    Pineapple, with high amounts of bromelain, is also anti-inflammatory.

If you need more reasons, ginger + pineapple = deliciousness.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Aw boo I don't know anything about what you have, but I'm happy to share any good/yummy vegetarian or vegan recipes with you. I get a lot of them from that cookbook I was telling you about, but some I just adapt from online or combine or make up as I go. I use lots of butter, but usually that can be replaced with olive oil no problem.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I take turmeric in capsules most mornings and nights. There is also a commercial supplement called Zyflamend that is a very stong anti-inflammatory. It's available most places supplements are sold. Other than that,I try to eat lots of fruit and vegetables, and get aerobic exercise.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

@Domino
    I was diagnosed with MS in 2000. I started taking turmeric daily in 2004. Since that time, I have had no flair-ups and no progression. I no longer take any meds at all, just turmeric and a few other supplements. So I know it works. I don't know if it will help you with pain, but it can't hurt. If I get nerve pain, I take some, and within 15 minutes, no pain. Works better than anything else I've tried, except exercise. That is really the best.
    I run & ride my bike a lot, and I try to go as hard as I can at least once per ride. something about the extra oxygen makes me feel dramatically better. So look into that too.