• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tired all the time and energy drains

Lark

Does anyone know any good energy fixes or revitalistic tricks? I'm tired and drained all the time and its not purely a result of sleeplessness or under sleeping or over sleeping either.

Sometimes I think that the demands of my job, which does involve co-regulating others emotional states a lot of the time and sometimes they've got greater problems with regulating their emotional states than most, can make me tired but that surprises me, especially because from a purely intellectual point of view I dont spend a lot of time thinking about this or any other aspect of work. :huh::huh:

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Go for a quick run in the morning or evening, and follow it up with drinking lots of water.

There's no perk me up like working up a sweat in the pre-dawn chill.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Massage
Take your vitamins
Get enough sleep
Look at some art
Listen to some music
Go someplace different

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Things to evaluate if you are overly tired:

- Nutrition (even if it's healthy, might be combining foods badly, e.g. getting a carb crash or having vitamin/mineral deficiency of a certain kind, like B vitamins)
- Exercise (doing too much or too little exercise will both exhaust you)
- Emotional or physical stress (like you mentioned - body doesn't want to be in fight/flight mode all your life)
- Physical issues (hormonal imbalances, low blood sugar (aka hypoglycemia), low blood pressure (hypotension), etc. so see your physician to rule out any physical disorders that may cause tiredness)
- Boredom or discontentment
- Other things I can't think of right now....

CoolCole

MBTI Type
INFJ
Things to evaluate if you are overly tired:

- Nutrition (even if it's healthy, might be combining foods badly, e.g. getting a carb crash or having vitamin/mineral deficiency of a certain kind, like B vitamins)
- Exercise (doing too much or too little exercise will both exhaust you)
- Emotional or physical stress (like you mentioned - body doesn't want to be in fight/flight mode all your life)
- Physical issues (hormonal imbalances, low blood sugar (aka hypoglycemia), low blood pressure (hypotension), etc. so see your physician to rule out any physical disorders that may cause tiredness)
- Boredom or discontentment
- Other things I can't think of right now....

Nutrition & exercise is #1 for overall health and energy. Also, water.

Lark

Cheers guys, I forgot about this thread. Some really useful input here. Appreciated.