MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

^ evil

To the op:
    I'm as tall as you and don't know how to walk on heals well, because most of time I don't need any...

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

PB is right about them killing you more when you're not used to them...I certainly found that to begin with. I have a couple of pairs which are really really comfortable and I could wear them all day pretty much, but they're not THE most exciting or elegant, though they're ok. And even with those, if I do literally wear them all day, I notice the balls of my feet are slightly sore at the end of the day.

However, I have found platforms to be definitely more comfortable and walkable-in, so hopefully that will help you out. Except, word of warning: massive platforms are supposed to be one of the top causes of wrenched ankles...I think because they feel more comfortable and easier to walk in, they can lull you into a false sense of security...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Anew Leaf

*starts jogging in heels*

haha! great tips so far! I am going to put them on now..... *lurches back over to computer in sexy frankenstein manner*

Anew Leaf

Hmm, well, so far the results are:

1- I walked around my store for a few minutes with no mishaps.
    2- Then I stood talking to a friend and got my heel caught in a flap of display fabric and almost fell over... from a standing still perspective....

But walking with the emphasis on the toes/ball of the foot really does work better than what I was doing... great advice!

I'm just glad that my dad's family is all tall and the family he's marrying into is all tall. I am actually the "short" one now! I'll either be walking down with my 6'5" stepbrother or 6'3" uncle -- it's all up in the air still.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

You post on a message board to learn how to walk in heels?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    hahaha saturned just go with the swagger babe
    Insolias really do work. They shift your weight back toward the heel, and therefore, you don't feel as if you are leaning forward. It offers a much-more solid strut.

-------------

I used to work in heels for 8 hours a day lol..... , so I had to do all I could.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    3.) Do not step / strike down on the heel. Don't trust the heel to take the pressure. You basically imagine you are walking on tippie-toes and there are no heels to tippie-toes, get it? The heel is not to be used for anything other than a modest stability, esp at that height. As TG says, step flat.
    This.

Check out a vid of a runway model, as they do a super-exaggerated version of what you're supposed to do. If you watch them, the movement of their hips requires their foot to strike roughly at the ball of their foot as they walk. Like I said, you dont need to do the full-on stomp, but the general principle is the same. The ability to balance towards the front of the foot becomes more important the higher the heel is.

Good luck, Bunny!
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Walk in heels? Are you kidding?
    I can drunkenly jog down a cobblestone walkway in heels. One foot in front of the other, just like any other shoes.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i used to wear heels every day but since i don't as much due to work i've noticed that when i put on high ones that aren't a wedge or platform i feel totally unstable at first so i know what ya mean...but really you just get used to them.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i used to wear heels every day but since i don't as much due to work i've noticed that when i put on high ones that aren't a wedge or platform i feel totally unstable at first so i know what ya mean...but really you just get used to them.
    My feet used to hurt after a full day, regardless. It helped a significant amount to wear insoles. Plus, I could wear heels a lot longer before my feet started hurting (and my back!). So, I wear them anytime I wear heels now. Why not?

(LoL, I know you aren't responding to me; I'm just running my mouth, as usual
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype