User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

My solution to this is green smoothies. You need a good blender. I use soy milk and add fresh spinach, kale, carrots, blueberries, raspberries, banana, and a tablespoon or so of frozen apple juice concentrate, a little honey or stevia. (edit: parsley and celery are good in it, too, and I have used fresh beets) It makes a drink that looks like mud, but it's delicious and there's your 5 servings, no cooking (better for you if they're raw anyway), very little clean up. I advise smoothies even if you can't do the greens -- you can do berry, peach, apple juice concentrate with soy milk, for example. That's the only way I have been able to get fruits and vegetables into my diet with any real success.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

For me, too much fruit is too sugary. But I usually eat steamed veggies at dinner, almost every night. Quick, easy, healthy, and tasty. Stir frys are even better, but they take more work.

I also do green smoothies, but they also seem a bit too sugary for me, so I need to experiment a bit more.

However, I've also been experimenting with green soups, and some of them have been pretty yummy. Just take the ingredients for any soup recipe, throw them in a blender with 1/2 bunch of fresh spinach and voila, green soup.

The food pyramid is ridiculous, though, especially the recommendation for grains. There is noooo need for that many carbs in anyone's diet. If I ate everything recommended in the food pyramid and as many portions as recommended, I'd be obese.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Do you eat 5 portions of fruit/vegetables each day?
    Usually. It's easy. One at breakfast, 2 at lunch (or one kept for snack later), 2 at dinner. I eat alot of salads and stir-fry, so that is easily 2-3.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Smile Blenders and Green Smoothies

Yeah, green smoothies are the way to go, to get all your deep green leafy vegetables without too much sugary fruit.

A Vitamix blender, a Blentec blender or the Omni blender are the best bet. However an ordinary blender from the department store will do the job.

usually 2-3 pieces of fruit at breakfast, and more throughout the day between meals. Usually try to have some salad/veggies with every meal, too.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

The big advantage of eating lots of fresh fruit and vegetables is that we have no more room for junk food.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The big advantage of eating lots of fresh fruit and vegetables is that we have no more room for junk food.
    after detox, junk becomes hard to consume.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Not quite. I average about 2-3 per day. I'm trying to be better about this.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have a serving of fruit at breakfast, 1 fruit and at least 1 vegetable at lunch and 2-3 at dinner. In the summer, that's even higher.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Recommended allowances and portions aren't set in stone. You've got to eat based on your bodies needs, not what some scientists tell you is best for the average population. So if you're eating less fruits and veggies than what's recommended as long as it's in balance with the other things you're eating, you're good to go...so long as you're keeping up with your bodies need for food. Understanding the portion sizes is important though.
    Sometimes, the only realists are the dreamers. - Paul Wellstone