• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypC Stop Eating S*** Challenge

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
From this point on, I am NOT going to eat ANYTHING with sugar in it - except gluten-free carbs and fruit. I want to stop being a sugarwhore and crack the addiction.

It's been ridiculous. Who the fuck eats 3 bags of chips and 5 white chocolate candy bars a day, every day? A sugar whore does. I may be underweight, but it's still not good for me.

I'm going cold turkey because I heard that after a certain number of days, you no longer even crave it. :nice:

But some sources say 3 days, others say 30 days. . .

What kinds of shit do YOU want to stop devouring?

G

Glycerine

I am always going to think of "feces"... thanks. lol :)

Weaning is another alternative.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am always going to think of "feces"... thanks. lol :)

EVERYONE:

Glycerine wants to stop noshing on feces, but she doesn't have the confidence to undertake the challenge and will dwell on it forevermore. :(

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
It's been ridiculous. Who the fuck eats 3 bags of chips and 5 white chocolate candy bars a day, every day? A sugar whore does. I may be underweight, but it's still not good for me.

Holy crap, you eat all that and you're *underweight*????

I would be obese if I ate even ate 10% of that, wowzers. :shocking:

If you go cold turkey, you might feel like shit for 3 days while your body breaks the addiction and breaks the strong cravings, then it will take a total of 2 weeks to stop the cravings altogether. At least, that's how I experienced it when I first started the Atkins diet years ago when I was a carb addict, and others who did it said they experienced it similarly.

But eating healthy stuff will help you feel better, especially meat and veggies. When I did Atkins, I ate a lot of bacon (nuking it is quicker and easier than frying, also less fatty, crispier) with veggies and ranch dressing, and I think that's when I really started developing a taste for veggies. Oh yeah, I ate the bacon with cheese, too. (If you eat bacon all the time you'll get high cholesterol, but it's fun and OK just for awhile until you break your carb addiction.)

Low sugar/ low glycemic fruit includes berries and melons. One step up from that is apples, then bananas, then other fruits.

T

ThatGirl

Sugar burns fast, as long as that's all you're eating, and your body needs the energy. If she starts eating salads and lean meats she will probably gain weight.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Sugar burns fast, as long as that's all you're eating, and your body needs the energy. If she starts eating salads and lean meats she will probably gain weight.

Even if she quits eating sugar?

T

ThatGirl

Probably, sugar is a good source for a fast energy. If that's mostly what you are surviving on, your metabolism is fueled 24/7, but your body is mal-nourished. Hence the underweight, unless she is one of those people who will be 110 their entire life.

Eating properly will replenish nourishment, and cause her to gain healthy weight and muscle tone. Any other sugar or fat, will be stored.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Ah OK, gotcha. So she'll gain only a healthy amount, as well as nourishing herself which will reduce the problems as the malnourishment catches up with age and manifests in strange ways.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Holy crap, you eat all that and you're *underweight*????

I would be obese if I ate even ate 10% of that, wowzers. :shocking:

If you go cold turkey, you might feel like shit for 3 days while your body breaks the addiction and breaks the strong cravings, then it will take a total of 2 weeks to stop the cravings altogether. At least, that's how I experienced it when I first started the Atkins diet years ago when I was a carb addict, and others who did it said they experienced it similarly.

But eating healthy stuff will help you feel better, especially meat and veggies. When I did Atkins, I ate a lot of bacon (nuking it is quicker and easier than frying, also less fatty, crispier) with veggies and ranch dressing, and I think that's when I really started developing a taste for veggies. Oh yeah, I ate the bacon with cheese, too. (If you eat bacon all the time you'll get high cholesterol, but it's fun and OK just for awhile until you break your carb addiction.)

Low sugar/ low glycemic fruit includes berries and melons. One step up from that is apples, then bananas, then other fruits.

Oh no, I think you guys misunderstood - I eat those snacks IN ADDITION to my normal meals. Here's my most common diet:

Breakfast:
- 3 large waffles, heavily buttered on both sides
- Glass of rice milk

(chips/candy snacks)

Lunch
- Panda Express; two servings of orange chicken and chow mein
- Mrs. Fields cookie

(chips/candy snack)

Dinner
- Package of wheat free creme-filled oreos...I mean a family sized package.
- Large salad drenched in olive oil, avocado, anything fatty
- 5 spicy Tijuana Mama pickled slim jim sausages
- a pint of dairy-free soy ice cream
- glass of rice milk

Usually a few candy bars right before I sleep.

This is my DAILY diet, mind you. Good thing I have a high income, because I cost a friggin fortune to feed.

See what I mean about needing to eat healthier?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You must be an ectomorph OP. Superfast metabolic rate. So far for me 2 years on the atkins diet and beautifully well maintained I believe. I was a sugar addict like yourself though I believe worse. About 7 chocolate bars, 2 large bags of crisps, 5 cokes and quarter of a nutella jar per day. Tis non-existent anymore... except the cokes are switched to it's diet versions.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Man, I'm down with joining this challenge. Hahaha. I'm eating under 40g of carbs per day... MOST days. But the few times I cheat, I go all out and have a big plate of pasta or something sugary. And I'm cheating way too much these past few weeks.

NO MOAR CARBS

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, tis a challenge? ok. I'm in. I will mention the eating habits in this thread every day if possible. 0 sugars eh?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a recovering choco-holic. I remember focusing on that (I Love cookies and stuff as well), and saying I'd quit for a month. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, you mostly have to be mindful of the times you start snacking and eat some yoghurt or a couple of nuts in stead (they kill hunger *fast*). Oddly, I also found I stopped eating as many cookies (sugar binge gone...), without even trying and eating smaller portions almost automatically.

So now I'm torn. I love chocolate. as in LOVE CHOCOLATE. And small doses don't seem to be an option. I wanna stay in my chocolate trance once I start. Cutting it fully out of my life though....meh.

I *think* I got it figured out though, this time round..So I'll join you peeps, if only to learn the art of portion size ;)

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You must be an ectomorph OP. Superfast metabolic rate. So far for me 2 years on the atkins diet and beautifully well maintained I believe. I was a sugar addict like yourself though I believe worse. About 7 chocolate bars, 2 large bags of crisps, 5 cokes and quarter of a nutella jar per day. Tis non-existent anymore... except the cokes are switched to it's diet versions.

A success story! Inspiration! :bananallama:

Seriously, if you can do it with that kind of sugar consumption, so should anyone.

MY PLAN:

Cook 48 devilled eggs. When craving something tasty (aka shit food), grab one and cram the little fuck in my mouth.

This should get me through the worst of it - 3 days, without compromising nutrition at all.

Of course, by then I'll be sick to death of the things.

wolfy

awsm
I'm going cold turkey because I heard that after a certain number of days, you no longer even crave it. :nice:
But some sources say 3 days, others say 30 days. . .

It's actually 33 days. Scientifically proven in the laboratory.

What kinds of shit do YOU want to stop devouring?

This reminds me of the age old question, would you go for chocolate flavoured shit or shit flavoured chocolate.

Your diet is crap. Sort yourself out.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did six months of treating my body like a temple this year...i've slowly gone back to treating it like a portaloo in a music festival.
Challenge time... right after i scoff me some munchies

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No cravings so far...weird. The eggs are doing the trick. Hopefully it'll keep working.

Of course, this is only Day 1...not even that, since I ate waffles for breakfast (carbs = sugar. And I'm trying to try a Paleo style diet). :doh:

Well, it's been a successful 8 waking hours though! :happy2:

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I'm in!

I just got a new roommate who is a HUGE junk food fiend, not to mention an avid baker and she's always bringing home candy for us and making cookies and pie and cake, which is nice, but totally awful at the same time.

About 2 months ago I gave up sugar for a total of 14 days straight (nothing: not even honey) and it was some of the best I'd ever felt physically.

I want to go back to that, despite the temptations laid waste in front of me. But I think I need some accountability.

So woo! Sign me up!