User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Angry TypC Stop Eating S*** Challenge

From this point on, I am NOT going to eat ANYTHING with sugar in it - except gluten-free carbs and fruit. I want to stop being a sugarwhore and crack the addiction.

It's been ridiculous. Who the fuck eats 3 bags of chips and 5 white chocolate candy bars a day, every day? A sugar whore does. I may be underweight, but it's still not good for me.

I'm going cold turkey because I heard that after a certain number of days, you no longer even crave it.

But some sources say 3 days, others say 30 days. . .

What kinds of shit do YOU want to stop devouring?
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Glycerine

I am always going to think of "feces"... thanks. lol

Weaning is another alternative.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I am always going to think of "feces"... thanks. lol
    EVERYONE:

Glycerine wants to stop noshing on feces, but she doesn't have the confidence to undertake the challenge and will dwell on it forevermore.
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    It's been ridiculous. Who the fuck eats 3 bags of chips and 5 white chocolate candy bars a day, every day? A sugar whore does. I may be underweight, but it's still not good for me.
    Holy crap, you eat all that and you're *underweight*????

I would be obese if I ate even ate 10% of that, wowzers.

If you go cold turkey, you might feel like shit for 3 days while your body breaks the addiction and breaks the strong cravings, then it will take a total of 2 weeks to stop the cravings altogether. At least, that's how I experienced it when I first started the Atkins diet years ago when I was a carb addict, and others who did it said they experienced it similarly.

But eating healthy stuff will help you feel better, especially meat and veggies. When I did Atkins, I ate a lot of bacon (nuking it is quicker and easier than frying, also less fatty, crispier) with veggies and ranch dressing, and I think that's when I really started developing a taste for veggies. Oh yeah, I ate the bacon with cheese, too. (If you eat bacon all the time you'll get high cholesterol, but it's fun and OK just for awhile until you break your carb addiction.)

Low sugar/ low glycemic fruit includes berries and melons. One step up from that is apples, then bananas, then other fruits.

ThatGirl

Sugar burns fast, as long as that's all you're eating, and your body needs the energy. If she starts eating salads and lean meats she will probably gain weight.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Sugar burns fast, as long as that's all you're eating, and your body needs the energy. If she starts eating salads and lean meats she will probably gain weight.
    Even if she quits eating sugar?

ThatGirl

Probably, sugar is a good source for a fast energy. If that's mostly what you are surviving on, your metabolism is fueled 24/7, but your body is mal-nourished. Hence the underweight, unless she is one of those people who will be 110 their entire life.

Eating properly will replenish nourishment, and cause her to gain healthy weight and muscle tone. Any other sugar or fat, will be stored.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Ah OK, gotcha. So she'll gain only a healthy amount, as well as nourishing herself which will reduce the problems as the malnourishment catches up with age and manifests in strange ways.

ThatGirl

I have no idea how to respond.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Holy crap, you eat all that and you're *underweight*????

I would be obese if I ate even ate 10% of that, wowzers.

If you go cold turkey, you might feel like shit for 3 days while your body breaks the addiction and breaks the strong cravings, then it will take a total of 2 weeks to stop the cravings altogether. At least, that's how I experienced it when I first started the Atkins diet years ago when I was a carb addict, and others who did it said they experienced it similarly.

But eating healthy stuff will help you feel better, especially meat and veggies. When I did Atkins, I ate a lot of bacon (nuking it is quicker and easier than frying, also less fatty, crispier) with veggies and ranch dressing, and I think that's when I really started developing a taste for veggies. Oh yeah, I ate the bacon with cheese, too. (If you eat bacon all the time you'll get high cholesterol, but it's fun and OK just for awhile until you break your carb addiction.)

Low sugar/ low glycemic fruit includes berries and melons. One step up from that is apples, then bananas, then other fruits.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Oh no, I think you guys misunderstood - I eat those snacks IN ADDITION to my normal meals. Here's my most common diet:

Breakfast:
    - 3 large waffles, heavily buttered on both sides
    - Glass of rice milk

(chips/candy snacks)

Lunch
    - Panda Express; two servings of orange chicken and chow mein
    - Mrs. Fields cookie

(chips/candy snack)

Dinner
    - Package of wheat free creme-filled oreos...I mean a family sized package.
    - Large salad drenched in olive oil, avocado, anything fatty
    - 5 spicy Tijuana Mama pickled slim jim sausages
    - a pint of dairy-free soy ice cream
    - glass of rice milk

Usually a few candy bars right before I sleep.

This is my DAILY diet, mind you. Good thing I have a high income, because I cost a friggin fortune to feed.

See what I mean about needing to eat healthier?
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN: