Well I can think of a number of possible causes for you getting sick from those eggs:
- You've been eating way too many eggs since starting this, and your body is begging for some variety
- You've been overdoing the protein and/or fat, and haven't been getting enough healthy carbs (veggies, fruits, beans)
- The deviled eggs had been around for too long, past their expiry date
- The deviled eggs spent too much time outside of the fridge and went bad
- The mayonnaise in the deviled eggs was past its expiry date, or went bad
- There was something wrong with the eggs before you cooked them
In any case, maybe you could take a break from the deviled eggs for a few days and eat something else instead? Maybe then you could go back to eating them again, as long as you're not eating them all day long in exclusion to any other source of protein, and/or maybe you just need to add some healthy carbs to the mix.
If you'd like, feel free to PM me your food journal, and I'll help you figure it out based on what I've learned through my dietician and the CrossFit trainers. I'm not a doctor, just someone who has done a lot of research about this for my own sake.
Paleo just means eating like hunter/gatherer societies - meat + unprocessed gathered food (veggies, fruits, beans).
The healthiest way to do it is to get a bit of protein, fat, and healthy carbs in each snack or meal.