User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post

I had only six devilled egg halves! And I have to stuff myself with diet-permitted yummy food, otherwise I crave things. Maybe the eggs had salmonella.

Well I can think of a number of possible causes for you getting sick from those eggs:

- You've been eating way too many eggs since starting this, and your body is begging for some variety

- You've been overdoing the protein and/or fat, and haven't been getting enough healthy carbs (veggies, fruits, beans)

- The deviled eggs had been around for too long, past their expiry date

- The deviled eggs spent too much time outside of the fridge and went bad

- The mayonnaise in the deviled eggs was past its expiry date, or went bad

- There was something wrong with the eggs before you cooked them

- Other?

In any case, maybe you could take a break from the deviled eggs for a few days and eat something else instead? Maybe then you could go back to eating them again, as long as you're not eating them all day long in exclusion to any other source of protein, and/or maybe you just need to add some healthy carbs to the mix.

If you'd like, feel free to PM me your food journal, and I'll help you figure it out based on what I've learned through my dietician and the CrossFit trainers. I'm not a doctor, just someone who has done a lot of research about this for my own sake.

Paleo just means eating like hunter/gatherer societies - meat + unprocessed gathered food (veggies, fruits, beans).

The healthiest way to do it is to get a bit of protein, fat, and healthy carbs in each snack or meal.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

When I first started eating paleo(-ish) after a few weeks I was doing well, losing heaps of weight then I had some burger king and spent the whole night vomiting, I think maybe because I was eating so cleanly then all of a sudden my body is like "WTF is this shit!".
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    yupp

they said giving up sugar would make me not crave it or junk food or alcohol or pot yet I'm counting the days until i can partake in one of those things. WHY CAN"T PEOPLE LEAVE MY DIET ALONE!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    they said giving up sugar would make me not crave it or junk food or alcohol or pot yet I'm counting the days until i can partake in one of those things. WHY CAN"T PEOPLE LEAVE MY DIET ALONE!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    I've still yet to make that couscous.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    yupp

screw the couscous, I want cheetohs and stuffing and donuts and dr.pepper.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    screw the couscous, I want cheetohs and stuffing and donuts and dr.pepper.
    How long have you been abstaining from sugar? I really don't crave sugar anymore (stopped craving after 4 days), but some people apparently take over a month.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    yupp

2 weeks and it wasn't my choice
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post

Well I can think of a number of possible causes for you getting sick from those eggs:

- You've been eating way too many eggs since starting this, and your body is begging for some variety

- You've been overdoing the protein and/or fat, and haven't been getting enough healthy carbs (veggies, fruits, beans)

- The deviled eggs had been around for too long, past their expiry date

- The deviled eggs spent too much time outside of the fridge and went bad

- The mayonnaise in the deviled eggs was past its expiry date, or went bad

- There was something wrong with the eggs before you cooked them

- Other?

In any case, maybe you could take a break from the deviled eggs for a few days and eat something else instead? Maybe then you could go back to eating them again, as long as you're not eating them all day long in exclusion to any other source of protein, and/or maybe you just need to add some healthy carbs to the mix.

If you'd like, feel free to PM me your food journal, and I'll help you figure it out based on what I've learned through my dietician and the CrossFit trainers. I'm not a doctor, just someone who has done a lot of research about this for my own sake.

Paleo just means eating like hunter/gatherer societies - meat + unprocessed gathered food (veggies, fruits, beans).

The healthiest way to do it is to get a bit of protein, fat, and healthy carbs in each snack or meal.
    yeah...lol. I'm giving the eggs a break for now. I haven't eaten much at all today, as I pretty much have no appetite anyway.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    yeah...lol. I'm giving the eggs a break for now. I haven't eaten much at all today, as I pretty much have no appetite anyway.
    So how's it going now? Are you finding more of a balance? Or are you still picking one thing to binge on all day all week?

MBTI
    STP

For the hardcore: I present many years of intense training and dieting experimentation, what I consider the best diet and what I eat every day. It's not for the faint of heart or uncommitted and there isn't the slightest shred of things like variety or taste which is something many healthy-minded eaters look for compromises on... there is no such compromise in this diet, so fair warning.

The benefit of this diet is that it's simple, effective, relatively cheap, provides the perfect ratio of the food groups to each other, and the best available food sources in each group. It contains only very healthy, highly complex breads and a huge amount of protein which keeps your metabolism stimulated throughout the day. It's modular in approximate calories, so it makes calorie counting a snap and is best used with a high-calorie burning training plan.

Breakfast (300 Calories)
    1.5 cups GoLean classic
    +1 cup skim milk
    1-a-day multivitamin

Lunch (900 Calories)
    2 slices of the healthiest bread you can find
    +12 slices low-fat smoked/baked turkey breast
    +2 slices no-fat cheese
    +2 Tbs. Low-fat mayo (if wanted)
    + mustard (if wanted)
    2 cups dark green salad, either spring mix or spinach
    +1/4 cup raisins
    +1/4 cup mixed nuts, unsalted dry roast
    +1 apple diced
    +2 Tbs Fat-free "fruit friendly" dressing, I prefer poppyseed

Protein shake (600 Calories)
    1/2 blender of ice
    +2 scoops protein mix, I prefer Optimum Nutrition's Pro-Complex
    +1 Banana
    +1 container no-fat yogurt, I prefer vanilla because it goes well with everything
    +8 oz. V8 Fusion, I prefer the Acai variety

Dinner (800 Calories)
    2 pieces chicken breast, baked, bbq, or use a george foreman grill if you have one
    +2 Tbs Ketchup, or BBQ sauce if you must
    1 slice healthy bread
    +1 Tbs. sugar-free jam, I prefer strawberry
    16 oz V8 classic low-sodium
    2 Tbs. natural peanut butter (optional)

Provides 7/5 servings of vegetables, 4/4 servings of fruit, 3 servings of dairy, and enough protein for an Olympic weightlifter, with only a few very complex, healthy breads when you need them. Used correctly, it will fuel twice-a-day training... first workout before breakfast & work/school (ideally cardiovascular or calorie burning at this time) second after work/school sandwiched between a protein shake and dinner (ideally weight lifting, calisthenics, or muscle building of some kind)

Now you will probably not want to eat this much because it will be too many calories, it would be unsuitable for females without quite a bit of adaptation. I am a big guy so this meets my BMR of 2,600 calories a day, and if I need to lose weight any exercise will do it. If you're not working out twice a day, you can take out the protein shake for a straight up 2,000 calorie diet.
    Good intentions are not enough.