User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Then eat sensibly and exercise. 140 and 410 aren't the only options, obviously.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    anyone want to possess me and do this for me?

My main problem is not excersing I eat small frequent meals though I could eat healthier. MY mom described me as a snacker growing up, as she could not get me too eat a whole plate of food in a setting but I would snack on it through out the day.

though I'm beginning to notice that I've been eating more in a setting then I use to, which could be my main problem

and I do eat breakfast I have coffee and cereal everyday.
    I have no self-control either, and it was getting out of hand (I weigh, uh, a lot more than you) so I joined Weight Watchers. It's like Rent-A-J.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    so I want to be 120 and I'm 140. Though I'm not fat and 110 is the smallest I can be before my BMI is too low according to my doctor (I found this out when I got so stressed junior year in highschool and just totally forgot to eat) I need to be 120 I feel disgusting at 140. Yet I have no self discipline so anyone have any suggestions for self discipline and healthy ways to lose weight.
    Why do you want to lose weight if you have a normal BMI?

MBTI
    ENFP

OK..here is the magic:

- Do Billy Blanks TaeBo, first thing in the morning before eating/drinking anything. The energy is taken from the fat in your body as fuel. If you cant find TaeBo, do any other aerobic exercise.
    - Have small meals around every 3-4 hours, that should keep the GI on level.
    - And the other usual advice of eat fruits, veges, proteins etc. But DONT cut on carbs, instead eat healthy carbs like wholemeal etc.

I think in about a couple of months time, you will see a BIG difference!!

goodluck.

(sighhhh...I wish i followed my own advice :P ) lol

MBTI
    INTP

I have a question if anyone is in the know. Why does it matter if you eat right before you go to bed or 4 hours before? Those calories are the same. The reason I usually see is that your body doesn't have a chance to burn it off but I don't get it. If you eat at 6 and go to bed at 10, you have 4 hours to burn it off. But if you eat at 9, wouldn't you be in a calorie deficit from the 3 hours you didn't eat?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Bry: I don't think it's been scientifically tested... (I could be wrong of cause! ) but I do believe it's just folklore traditional wisdom.

Your body balances the amount of glucose you have in your blood via hormones (insulin & glucagon) such that at any given point of the day your body always have energy. So technically whether you eat at 6 or at 10 makes no difference...

If you eat at 6... the extra energy is stored in your liver for gradual release throughout the rest of the night.

If you eat at 10... you'll be using up energy stored in your liver from your previous meals until you eat... then covering up the deficient with the meal.

It's like accounting... balancing numbers.

Science relating to finances... Yuck! *throws up*

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post

And then you lose weight....maybe that is the point?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Bry: I don't think it's been scientifically tested... (I could be wrong of cause! ) but I do believe it's just folklore traditional wisdom.

Your body balances the amount of glucose you have in your blood via hormones (insulin & glucagon) such that at any given point of the day your body always have energy. So technically whether you eat at 6 or at 10 makes no difference...

If you eat at 6... the extra energy is stored in your liver for gradual release throughout the rest of the night.

If you eat at 10... you'll be using up energy stored in your liver from your previous meals until you eat... then covering up the deficient with the meal.

I think the reasoning behind it might be something like:

If you eat at 10, your body has less energy stored up in more accessible forms, senses this, and slows down metabolism to compensate. When you go to sleep, you will be using less energy anyways, so it gets stored up, but ends up going to less accessible storage options (like fat), just because the more accessible options won't be able ot store as much. Repeated, it causes a weight buildup thanks ot metabolism overall being slower for the same amount of food.

I'm not sure if this is actually how it works, though, if true, it might be something else.

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    I have a question if anyone is in the know. Why does it matter if you eat right before you go to bed or 4 hours before? Those calories are the same. The reason I usually see is that your body doesn't have a chance to burn it off but I don't get it. If you eat at 6 and go to bed at 10, you have 4 hours to burn it off. But if you eat at 9, wouldn't you be in a calorie deficit from the 3 hours you didn't eat?
    myth... what's important is overall rate of caloric intake vs. energy used, not how that rate is distributed throughout s 24-hour cycle.

MBTI
    INFP

Super cardio every day for about a half hour (A mere 1/48th of a day! Find a big hill and run up it five times) and watching your carbs & glucose intake (cure your sweet tooth with honeydew and grapefruit w/ honey.. your craving for carbs with a helping of sticky-rice) and drink lots of water.. a lot of times, when you think you are hungry, you are just THIRSTY!