User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I remember in college some women who were dismayed that the bodies they had in high school continued to grow and develop into their twenties - which is normal human development. It's all complicated by a society that expects adult women to spend their lives 20 pounds underweight.

Just because a law says you're an adult at 18 doesn't mean your body stops there; your brain won't even finish developing until your mid-twenties and your metabolism is going to slow down later bringing even more changes. Wanting the body you had even last year at 21 is about as realistic as wanting the body you had at 10. You're still growing up. Give it time and be a little more realistic about your expectations for yourself.

MBTI
    yupp

I'm not going 20 pounds under weight. Your right unless I can shink 8 inches and weigh 90 pounds I don't think I can ever be what I was at 10, I don't know modern technology is getting awfully amazing these days. Please if I wanted to really go all out and not care and do it just to be skin I'd just starve or puke every meal. I'm trying to get fit and I felt the best at 120. If you knew the first thing about me, saw how I dressed how I walked you would know that I couldn't care less about others and my weight. This is what I like. I like 120 I'm sorry but I don't want to weigh 300 lbs one day because I didn't change my life style while I was young and die of a heart attack or something when I'm 40.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTP

What is your height, prplchknz? 'Cause your body always settles is at a weight it's comfortable in, with a balanced diet and moderate exercise. I'm actually 130 pounds, but people tend to estimate me at 120 when they look at me.

Body build matters too. Are you an ectomorph, mesomorph or endomorph? Somatotypes

MBTI
    yupp

5'7" not 100% sure but ectomorphic, I think that's the closest one that fits me.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    ENTP

Ahhh... crazy... with a weight of 140 that gives you a BMI of 21.9 which is perfectly within normal, and 120 is 18.something which takes you down to underweight.

I know BMI isn't perfect, but it's still okay for most people. Be happy with your weight. Look at your fitness rather than the scales. Being underweight is NOT good. You're much healthier and much better off at a higher weight, but a good fitness level.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

agreed, 140 sounds pretty perfect for someone who is 5'7.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Hey I'm 5'7" too! I just kinda assumed you were shorter... I felt too big when I was 140 too...I'm happy at 130 where I am now, though. I don't think I could get to 120 without losing muscle, which would make me sad. But hey whatever makes you happy, right?

MBTI
    yupp

it's just I gained 20lbs in the past few months, and I use to be eat whatever I wanted and not gain an ounce, I'm hoping it's winter weight (do humans have that evolutionary trait?)and I walk everywhere. But otherwise I'm pretty lazy.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Perhaps you're just approaching your normal adult weight? I think as long as you don't feel like you're weighted down and you feel that you have the energy to do stuff... your current weight is fine. 140 pounds for 5'7" is hardly "overweight"...

MBTI
    yupp

Yes 140 might be fine now but it starts with 140 then before you know it you're 410 finding sandwiches from two months ago under your fat flaps.

and I do not want that happening.

besides it will take me so long to get up the motivation to lose weight that by the time I do I probably will be overweight. I still like 120 though.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all