User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

If you look good, you're good. Calculatorz r t3h gh3yz.

I like drinking but I don't like liquor, at all. I like beer and cider. =/

I try not to drink that often though, so I guess it isn't such a problem.

MBTI
    GONE

^^ I did that! Professional body read at fancy gym with body composition break down - fat, muscle, bone, water, etc. Luckily I have good bones.

I thought Narticus must be a guy from the description (particularly dropping from 30% bf to teens) but then when I checked wiki about it, women's ideal body fat should be 20%? That's low, IMO and fashionably thin).

Even though my BMI and BMR are in the middle range, now I feel fat.

Thanks a lot dude.

Wait -- I was once obese? ?? ?? Damn, my parents were right! Hahahahaha. Alean, I feel your bewilderment. And I have to say, according to most east Asian standards the standards of 'overweight' and 'fat' are pretty slim and stringent. A lot of women who would honestly be considered small framed and slim, even underweight by US popular standards can still be considered chubby and will diet. Muscle tone and shape isn't important as general thinness, so severe reduction of calories is the popular way to go in my 'country of birth'.

Hahahahha, no but seriously according to the American interpretation of the bf scales, I was never obese and I am acceptable now. Ahh, nothing sounds is as ego validating and pure heavenly as hearing "You are acceptable".

Thanks though Grayscale, you have motivated me even more to go to the gym today and get to "Fitness" levels. I actually got some personal coaching sessions with my new gym membership and I'm going to use body fat levels as my goal, not weight.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

according to that site I need 1776.24 calories a day.

with BMR of 1480.2.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

*mumbles*

That calculator give you a very ball park figure... it said I need under 1300Cal/day... 1300 per day is definitely not enough for me.

Yah... if you really want to know, get a body fat measurement.

If you want to lose weight... do more cardio work. (aka running, swimming etc) I believe that's the standard regime recommended for losing weight.

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    If you look good, you're good.
    someone may "look good", but that doesnt make them healthy by physician's standards.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I'm going to use body fat levels as my goal, not weight.
    that is the way to do it! weight in lbs is not a very good indicator... especially for people that do not have an average frame or muscle mass.

also remember that if you're going to conform to standards, then dont try to compare yourself to others... the dirty secret is that everyone can be subject to the same standards and do just as poorly if not moreso than you. most people take great liberty with what is a "healthy" weight, they also tend to underestimate how many calories they eat.

a lot of people will also complain about being compared to what they consider to be unrealistically thin celebrities and such. unfortunately most of those people can afford dietitians and fitness trainers. it would be better to just accept that you dont need to be in perfect shape than to say our standard of "thin" is "too thin". some people will take it overboard and develop eating disorders, dont be one of those people.

lastly, i will stress that the last word here should go to your doctor, im no expert.

MBTI
    INTJ

BMI is pretty much worthless, imo.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    yupp

I hate people telling me not to compare myself to others. I'm not, when I was 120 I was happy with my weight I didn't want to weigh less I can live with 130 but no way 140. I like 120 don't ask me why but I it's a number I happen to like .

My weight I don't care what you or anyone else weighs, only what I weigh.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTP

How old are you, prplchknz?

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, it partly depends on your age group. If you're a teen, it's normal to go up to 130 (in the 11th grade and stuff). It's fine if you're a young adult too. I weigh 120 pounds, and people think I weigh about 100-90 pounds when they first look at me. Not bad at all.

Besides, if you want to lose weight, you have to have a good willpower. Go to the gym everyday, work out on a cycling machine everyday. Really, it's only going to work when you decide that you want to lose weight, and you have to stick to your decision till the end.
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    How old are you, prplchknz?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all