• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

apple cider vinegar benefits?

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I was wondering if anyone has tried taking it daily? What did you use it for? Was it helpful?

Today I poured two cups of it into my bath for a yeast infection (sorry if that is TMI), but it did relieve the god awful itching! But I'm kind of wary to try it for anything else.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
It's supposed be really good for you, taken internally...but I bought some of the Bragg's stuff and tried to take it, and haven't been able to make myself revisit it. I'll have to find another use for it.

It's supposed to be a good hair rinse, too, but I haven't tried that yet.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Tallulah - just add a teaspoon to whatever you're making or use it as part of a salad dressing. Then it's not overpowering, but it does its thing.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Just take the pill form. I couldn't make myself take apple cider vinegar and I barely drink my aloe vera juice and that stuff is easier going down. I tried sneaking it into the dogs water bowls to keep "urine burn" off the lawn but it's kinda a pain to constantly dosing multiple water bowls. Apple cider vinegar is like some holy grail of pantries but again, I'm a big fan of pills. You can even get garlic in pill form.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It makes your dentist richer.

I LOVE the taste though - I can literally drink it raw right out the bottle. Then again, I can eat half a jar of marmite alone in one sitting...

But I don't think ACV has all these special vitamins - just look on the nutrition label. Pretty much nothing - and if the crap actually had vitamins and minerals, I seriously doubt the companies would choose to omit them from the label.

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Yeah it kind of scared me though because if the pill gets stuck in your throat than it can burn your esophagus! And if its not diluted enough it can damage the enamel on your teeth and burn your esophagus. I have GERD so that reaaaallly sounds like a BAD idea.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah it kind of scared me though because if the pill gets stuck in your throat than it can burn your esophagus! And if its not diluted enough it can damage the enamel on your teeth and burn your esophagus. I have GERD so that reaaaallly sounds like a BAD idea.

I think it is. I suspect I may have GERD as well - and apple cider vinegar makes my heartburn 1000x worse!! To the point of wanting to just slit my own throat to drain the burning acid.

Worse yet, I only know this because it's pitched as a cure! :ranting:

YMMV though..

Agent Jelly

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I think it is. I suspect I may have GERD as well - and apple cider vinegar makes my heartburn 1000x worse!! To the point of wanting to just slit my own throat to drain the burning acid.

Worse yet, I only know this because it's pitched as a cure! :ranting:

YMMV though..

Yeah I can get heartburn from water thanks to pregnancy. my doctor gave me nexium and that has helped a lot. My favorite foods are spicy and acidic... I must be a glutton for punishment!

F

figsfiggyfigs

I LOVE apple cidar. I could drink it like juice! But I'm also one of the weird people that loves olive oil.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I LOVE apple cidar. I could drink it like juice! But I'm also one of the weird people that loves olive oil.

How is loving olive oil weird? I know a lot of people who love olive oil and there are entire cultures that use it as a major condiment, like dipping bread in oil and vinegar in Italian cooking, and covering hummus with extra olive oil for Greeks.

F

figsfiggyfigs

How is loving olive oil weird? I know a lot of people who love olive oil and there are entire cultures that use it as a major condiment, like dipping bread in oil and vinegar in Italian cooking, and covering hummus with extra olive oil for Greeks.
Weird = when you like drinking spoons and spoons and spoons of it. Plain.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Someone told me it was good for my cough. I'm not so sure, but I have probably 1/2 gallon of it, so I'm subscribing to this thread to see if I can put it to any use.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

Apple cider or apple cider vinegar? I think I'd die if I tried to drink ACV like juice.

Thanks for the tip, [MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION], if I didn't rep you already--I forgot whether I did.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Apple cider or apple cider vinegar? I think I'd die if I tried to drink ACV like juice.

Thanks for the tip, [MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION], if I didn't rep you already--I forgot whether I did.
Vinegar. I obviously can't drink it like juice, but I like it so much that if it wasn't a health issue to do so, I would've :laugh:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know people who use it to ease arthritic conditions. It's also a weight loss aid. It has antibacterial/antifungal properties (at least the stuff that contains "the mother" does). It works on animals too so, not a placebo.

I glug it neat from the bottle just because I enjoy the taste, but then, I like to suck lemons.

T

ThatGirl

Good ways to enjoy vinegar:

Boil top ramen noodles, and drain, add 1/2 sauce packet, 1tbsp of garlic chili sauce, 1/4 cup of vinegar, and enjoy.

Broil some veggies with a small amount of butter, some olive oil, garlic, pepper, basil, onion, and about ten min before taking them out, add a cup of vinegar to the mix. Gives a tart but non offensive flavor.

Cut up one yellow onion, tomato, cucumber, and banana peppers, and cover in olive oil, Add salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, and about two cups vinegar, and let sit about an hour before serving.

I <3 Vinegar.

I don't know what the actual benefits are though.