User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default apple cider vinegar benefits?

I was wondering if anyone has tried taking it daily? What did you use it for? Was it helpful?

Today I poured two cups of it into my bath for a yeast infection (sorry if that is TMI), but it did relieve the god awful itching! But I'm kind of wary to try it for anything else.

MBTI
    INTP

It's supposed be really good for you, taken internally...but I bought some of the Bragg's stuff and tried to take it, and haven't been able to make myself revisit it. I'll have to find another use for it.

It's supposed to be a good hair rinse, too, but I haven't tried that yet.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Tallulah - just add a teaspoon to whatever you're making or use it as part of a salad dressing. Then it's not overpowering, but it does its thing.

MBTI
    GONE

Just take the pill form. I couldn't make myself take apple cider vinegar and I barely drink my aloe vera juice and that stuff is easier going down. I tried sneaking it into the dogs water bowls to keep "urine burn" off the lawn but it's kinda a pain to constantly dosing multiple water bowls. Apple cider vinegar is like some holy grail of pantries but again, I'm a big fan of pills. You can even get garlic in pill form.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

It makes your dentist richer.

I LOVE the taste though - I can literally drink it raw right out the bottle. Then again, I can eat half a jar of marmite alone in one sitting...

But I don't think ACV has all these special vitamins - just look on the nutrition label. Pretty much nothing - and if the crap actually had vitamins and minerals, I seriously doubt the companies would choose to omit them from the label.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Yeah it kind of scared me though because if the pill gets stuck in your throat than it can burn your esophagus! And if its not diluted enough it can damage the enamel on your teeth and burn your esophagus. I have GERD so that reaaaallly sounds like a BAD idea.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Jelly View Post
    Yeah it kind of scared me though because if the pill gets stuck in your throat than it can burn your esophagus! And if its not diluted enough it can damage the enamel on your teeth and burn your esophagus. I have GERD so that reaaaallly sounds like a BAD idea.
    I think it is. I suspect I may have GERD as well - and apple cider vinegar makes my heartburn 1000x worse!! To the point of wanting to just slit my own throat to drain the burning acid.

Worse yet, I only know this because it's pitched as a cure!

YMMV though..
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    I think it is. I suspect I may have GERD as well - and apple cider vinegar makes my heartburn 1000x worse!! To the point of wanting to just slit my own throat to drain the burning acid.

Worse yet, I only know this because it's pitched as a cure!

YMMV though..
    Yeah I can get heartburn from water thanks to pregnancy. my doctor gave me nexium and that has helped a lot. My favorite foods are spicy and acidic... I must be a glutton for punishment!

figsfiggyfigs

I LOVE apple cidar. I could drink it like juice! But I'm also one of the weird people that loves olive oil.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I LOVE apple cidar. I could drink it like juice! But I'm also one of the weird people that loves olive oil.
    How is loving olive oil weird? I know a lot of people who love olive oil and there are entire cultures that use it as a major condiment, like dipping bread in oil and vinegar in Italian cooking, and covering hummus with extra olive oil for Greeks.