• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Healthy foods/snacks/meals!

desiree88

Oatmeal, wheat bread, fruits and vegetables. I am trying to lose weight. And water. No processed fruit juices.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
snacks:

up to ten nuts or a bit of yoghurt and honey. They're both very good at taking away those small nagging hunger pangs.

Half a banana in the morning to kill instant hunger, before working out

Breakfast: vanilla yoghurt, wholegrain cereal with dried blueberries and fresh abricot cut into it

Lunch: Left over chicken from yesterdays dinner, with red paprika, onion, cucumber and cherry tomatoes, with a small piece of buttered brown bread and perhaps a touch of dressing. (killer dressing: equal parts olive oil and lemon juice, topped off with a small spoon of dijon mustard, a bit of honey and pepper and salt. Make sure to wisk well)

And when you think you're hungry..drink water first. The reason food works to quench thirst is coz it's juicy...but it also unnecessarily adds callories.

For those lonely nights where you're cold, tired or for whatever reason need an energy boost and have a craving for something sweet:

Green tea, some sugar and slice of lemon. I kid you not. I use this to kill my chocolate/dessert craving. If you *have* to have a piece of chocolate, drink the tea while eating the chocolate..= heaven and makes you eat less chocolate.

Oh, and that same green tea can substitute your coffee in the morning. Even better is to drink it like ice tea (as it won't put you into snooze mode then, as it will in the evening when hot). It's refreshing and a pick-me-up all at once.

Also, I read a study that showed the top 5 foods related to weightloss :

1. Nuts
2. Yoghurt
3. Fruits
4. Wholegrains
5. Vegetables.

(no surprises there, though the order was somewhat interesting, imo)

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
190.gif

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
I've been off sugar for 2 months now (also carbs, processed foods, alcohol and dairy), and seriously, once you get used to it, fruit is utterly amazing for a quick sugar fix.

Mandarins are about the best, they're easy to peel, juicy and super sweet. Apples are good for when you have a carb craving as they are both sweet and high in fibre so they fill you up more than other fruit.

Melons (water, honeydew, cantaloupe) are also an excellent replacement for sugar.

I generally drink a lot of water, and when i say a lot i mean 2+ litres of water a day, a sip or two every 15 minutes, you pee like crazy, but it totally helps my skin and a lot of the time when i would have normally snacked, i was actually thirsty.

W

WALMART

i wish i had the willpower to stick to something like healthy foods.

i'm just such a fucking glutton.

cherry tomatoes are pretty awesome... smothered in ranch.

gromit

likes this
For healthy snacks, there is always carrots with hummus. Apples and peanut butter or apples and cheese. I also like mixing some dry roasted almonds with wasabi peas to make a trail mix of sorts.

i wish i had the willpower to stick to something like healthy foods.

i'm just such a fucking glutton.

cherry tomatoes are pretty awesome... smothered in ranch.

I eat cherry tomatoes like they are candy.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I generally drink a lot of water, and when i say a lot i mean 2+ litres of water a day, a sip or two every 15 minutes, you pee like crazy, but it totally helps my skin and a lot of the time when i would have normally snacked, i was actually thirsty.

Totally agree with this! I feel great when I remember to drink water constantly! :yes:

scienceresearcher

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I love beans! They have great carbohydrate, little fat, good fiber and good protein!

Post workout for muscle building/reducing body fat: Milk!

Carrots and Hummus like someone said... or roast carrots in the oven with olive oil and rosemary (they come out like candy)

I love almonds. The fat is high but it is okay. They have good fiber and protein.

gromit

likes this
Oh I don't know if this is healthy or not, but kale chips are KILLER. Tear the kale into little pieces, drizzle with olive oil/salt, bake until crispy. I think I ate an entire bunch of kale in this manner in one sitting before.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love fruit, edamame, trail mix, smoothies, lil cup of black beans or soup, pb toast, Yogurt... But mostly fruit. I can't get enough of mangos. :)