• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

Starry

i've been putting all these potions on my face lately:

i went crazy with the ordinary products but they've all seemed effective so far and they are CHEAP

What is your routine? What do you do?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is your routine? What do you do?

aka way too much. my skin has gotten very glowy and soft though. i broke the rules by starting a lot of products at the same time instead of slowly incorporating one at a time to see what was working. but i've had no negative reactions to anything.

Starry

aka way too much. my skin has gotten very glowy and soft though. i broke the rules by starting a lot of products at the same time instead of slowly incorporating one at a time to see what was working. but i've had no negative reactions to anything.

That seems very overwhelming for an ENFP haha (this isn't *me*...this is blatantly type related.) But the glowy and soft skin motivates me. My eyes seem fine...but I think I'm seeing the beginnings of jowls (like creases where I smile that are starting to seem like they are permanently smiling which in one way I don't care but think I better treat it like I will care in the near future.)

Oh I should ask is this for aging young one or is this just for general beauty?

edit: oh and chickpea...do any of these have smells in them? Like, unnatural perfume smells that will make me want to vomit (I can handle like natural plant smells).

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Important PSA

Coconut oil removes waterproof mascara.

Don't bother spending an ass ton of money on products full of chemicals, or products that require you to rub and pull at your lashes. All I do is scoop some coconut oil on my fingers and gently coat my lashes and eyelids. Gently massage it until you see a lot of mascara running down your face, and then rinse with water. If there are still bits of mascara, repeat the process again. I'm serious, it works.

As for other products, I've been enjoying the Smashbox eyeshadow primer. I have very oily, hooded eyelids, but that primer really keeps everything nice and pigmented for a full day. I even cried and it was still there!

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Important PSA

Coconut oil removes waterproof mascara.

Don't bother spending an ass ton of money on products full of chemicals, or products that require you to rub and pull at your lashes. All I do is scoop some coconut oil on my fingers and gently coat my lashes and eyelids. Gently massage it until you see a lot of mascara running down your face, and then rinse with water. If there are still bits of mascara, repeat the process again. I'm serious, it works.

As for other products, I've been enjoying the Smashbox eyeshadow primer. I have very oily, hooded eyelids, but that primer really keeps everything nice and pigmented for a full day. I even cried and it was still there!

I'm pretty much convinced at this point that coconut oil can do anything :D

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Clinique eyeliner is the only thing that seems to work for my sensitive eyes. Ha

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That seems very overwhelming for an ENFP haha (this isn't *me*...this is blatantly type related.) But the glowy and soft skin motivates me. My eyes seem fine...but I think I'm seeing the beginnings of jowls (like creases where I smile that are starting to seem like they are permanently smiling which in one way I don't care but think I better treat it like I will care in the near future.)

edit: oh and chickpea...do any of these have smells in them? Like, unnatural perfume smells that will make me want to vomit (I can handle like natural plant smells).
lol me too really, a few months ago i was still falling asleep with my makeup on most nights :doh:. but it only takes a few minutes. i really had to do my research as far as what to use, what time to use it, what products i can't use together etc.

they have different purposes, most are for skin brightening/evening skin tone. some are moisturizing, anti-aging, and niacinamide is supposed to help with acne.

none are scented because they're really pure, 1-purpose type ingredients but a couple of them smell chemically or have a weird grainy texture.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Nah. I have 6 steps at night (7 with a sheet mask) and it's something I look forward to doing. Plus the condition of my skin is a good incentive to continue. Of all the K-skin care stuff I use only one thing has a scent at all and it's fresh, eucalyptus smelling. I think the Korean and Japanese products really try to avoid anything offensive.

Starry

lol me too really, a few months ago i was still falling asleep with my makeup on most nights :doh:

wha...? I mean, I don't want you to assume that I've been falling asleep the same way nearly every single night unless I went swimming or got dirty/gross and was forced to take a shower ...

for years and I'm older than you until I find out why you used :doh: <-this

but it only takes a few minutes. i really had to do my research as far as what to use, what time to use it, what products i can't use together etc.

they have different purposes, most are for skin brightening/evening skin tone. some are moisturizing, anti-aging, and niacinamide is supposed to help with acne.

none are scented because they're really pure, 1-purpose type ingredients but a couple of them smell chemically or have a weird grainy texture.

Nah. I have 6 steps at night (7 with a sheet mask) and it's something I look forward to doing. Plus the condition of my skin is a good incentive to continue. Of all the K-skin care stuff I use only one thing has a scent at all and it's fresh, eucalyptus smelling. I think the Korean and Japanese products really try to avoid anything offensive.

You guys I can't thank you enough for the info as I'm way outside my range here. It is very challenging to be both vain and lazy :wink: No you guys both picked-up on where I was jumping the tracks...envisioning most of the steps had a wait time attached to it...like dying your hair. It is so helpful getting information from people you hold in high regard and trust their judgment.

ceecee...I'm going to read through your posts in this thread looking for info on your Korean line...but if you catch this I'm interested in learning what you do.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
wha...? I mean, I don't want you to assume that I've been falling asleep the same way nearly every single night unless I went swimming or got dirty/gross and was forced to take a shower ...

for years and I'm older than you until I find out why you used :doh: <-this

You guys I can't thank you enough for the info as I'm way outside my range here. It is very challenging to be both vain and lazy :wink: No you guys both picked-up on where I was jumping the tracks...envisioning most of the steps had a wait time attached to it...like dying your hair. It is so helpful getting information from people you hold in high regard and trust their judgment.

ceecee...I'm going to read through your posts in this thread looking for info on your Korean line...but if you catch this I'm interested in learning what you do.

I like CosRx best but I also use Mizion and Joseon. And none of them are expensive - certainly no where close to what I was paying for what I was using before.

The 10 Step Korean Skin Care Routine

– Soko Glam

This shows you the steps and the products.

Starry

I like CosRx best but I also use Mizion and Joseon. And none of them are expensive - certainly no where close to what I was paying for what I was using before.

The 10 Step Korean Skin Care Routine

– Soko Glam

This shows you the steps and the products.

Awesome. And thank you so much for including something that has the steps as well.

I know there's age on my face that I should have tackled sooner but I feel good about this in a "it's never too late to start purchasing safe, effective and affordable anti-aging skincare products from 2nd and 3rd World nations."

Time to study and put together something for myself. Down with jowl formation!

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I recently discovered Cosrx by accident, then noticed it was mentioned in this thread. [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] or [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] (or anyone else who cares to weigh in), I use a exfoliating gel, alternated with BHA liquid, strivectin retinol, hyaluronic acid, vitamin c serum, and rosehip oil fairly regularly on my face.

I'm looking for something that would address redness, and would smooth skin (I have a bunch of little microbumps that aren't full blown zits, but aren't something else either that just make it less smooth than it was).

The rosehip oil has made my skin much glowier than it was, and overall, people usually guess me for about ten years younger than I am (I'm 40), but I'm noticing some creased lines around my lips (I don't drink from straws or smoke) and and a crease along my cheek by my nose, running from my eyes downwards because of the way I sleep. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I have pretty normal, but very fair skin.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I recently discovered Cosrx by accident, then noticed it was mentioned in this thread. [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] or [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] (or anyone else who cares to weigh in), I use a exfoliating gel, alternated with BHA liquid, strivectin retinol, hyaluronic acid, vitamin c serum, and rosehip oil fairly regularly on my face.

I'm looking for something that would address redness, and would smooth skin (I have a bunch of little microbumps that aren't full blown zits, but aren't something else either that just make it less smooth than it was).

The rosehip oil has made my skin much glowier than it was, and overall, people usually guess me for about ten years younger than I am (I'm 40), but I'm noticing some creased lines around my lips (I don't drink from straws or smoke) and and a crease along my cheek by my nose, running from my eyes downwards because of the way I sleep. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I have pretty normal, but very fair skin.

I would look at the ampule. The centella blemish ampule appears to be the one that addresses redness.

COSRX Centella Blemish Ampoule

– Soko Glam

I use the Propolis Light Ampule. As far as little lines and texture, the snail power essence is great. I alternate that with the whitening power essence at night.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I was going to ask about the snail stuff. I thought that looked interesting from the reviews. What is the whitening essence like?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I was going to ask about the snail stuff. I thought that looked interesting from the reviews. What is the whitening essence like?

It's fermented, that helps with skin renewal more naturally. I can't use any of the retinol products so this sounded good. It doesn't actually "whiten". It helps with uneven skin tone areas and dry skin - lots of hydration. The essences aren't heavy but I let them absorb before I add moisturizer. Same with the snail stuff. Here's more about the fermented products.

The Truth Behind the Trend: Fermented Skin Care | Dermstore

I've also changed all my makeup over to cream or liquid - no powders. That makes a difference. And these brushes! I wish I had known about them earlier, they make a huge difference in application.

61PIRlQl8lL._SY355_.jpg

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
My niece has those. Why do you prefer them? I usually use my fingers for foundation. Do you use cream eye shadows too?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I like multi-taskers. Make up remover, cleanser.

The fragrance is amazing and I'm a big fan of cleansing oils.

Shea Cleansing Oil - L’Occitane | Sephora

I use Eucerin SPF facial lotion for moisturizer. Most moisturizers (drugstore or non-drugstore brands) leave my skin too greasy but this is light and not heavy.

I've never tried oil cleansers. Do they feel oily? Also I didn't realize Eucerin has SPF.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you guys think about sunscreen? Any strong opinions?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
My niece has those. Why do you prefer them? I usually use my fingers for foundation. Do you use cream eye shadows too?

They make application of cream or liquid flawless. It almost looks like airbrushing when I'm done. I use cream eye shadows too, with primer to keep it from creasing too badly. They also make contouring very easy and blend great.

Just to chime in on the oil cleansers - no they rinse off cleanly. No greasy residue at all. I like this one by Banila. It's solid to start, you just put it on your dry face, add a little water to emulsify and rinse.

41GFrBGmu8L._SX355_.jpg

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
What do you guys think about sunscreen? Any strong opinions?

I use it daily. It was just hard to find one that wasn't tacky/greasy. I ended up with Shiseido Senka Aging Care UV Sunscreen SPF50+ PA++++ and it's about $8 on Amazon. It's very light for a sunscreen.