• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Makeup, Beauty, and Health Products Thread

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Yeah, I love how long that Biore cleanser can last. I actually save twist-tops from other products to use on the pump bottles when the pumps can't pull out any more product. I'd get an extra few days to a week out of the Biore cleanser that way.

Whatever facial moisturizers/wrinkle creams you use on your face, are fine to use around the eyes, but ones with chemical sunscreens (vs mineral) have a tendency to sting, a bit, IME.

Btw - the daytime face lotion... which one do you use? Most of Neutrogena's anti-aging daytime moisturizers contain some sort of vitamin A derivative (usually retinyl palmitate), which, if used during the day, can increase photosensitivity, despite being an antioxidant & acne fighter. My derm mentioned at my last appointment that she's hesitant to suggest those products to people, as prescription retinoids are indicated for night-only use due to the photosensitizing effect, so logic follows that OTC vitamin A derivatives could likely have a similar effect, over time.

The Neutrogena Healthy Defense line is good for daytime facial lotions that won't break you out, though.
http://www.neutrogena.com/category/moisturizers/healthy+defense-.do?nType=3

The "sensitive skin" one is a mineral-based vs chemical based sunscreen, which is a lot easier to use around the eyes. I got a few friends (& the s/o) on that one; they like it quite a bit. Takes a little blending, though, to avoid the white cast zinc oxide can create.

I use a tinted sunscreen from EltaMD (have to order online, it seems pricey, but you get 3 oz & it'll last you a good 6 months. It comes out to about the same as 2-3 tubes of the drugstore stuff, cost & quantity-wise. They have some untinted sunscreens that are probably great, too. You do need a moisturizer underneath most of these, though, even if it's just that C&C lightweight gel moisturizer.

Effective Sun Protection from EltaMD

I'll stop rambling, here. Hope this helps!

:heart:

I've been using the neutrogena one pictured + a powdered sunscreen... though, I work the night shift, and the few times I am in the sun I protect myself pretty well (frequent use of umbrellas and my straw hat) so I'm rarely in the sun long enough to burn.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Goat's milk soap is the gospel truth.
Don't question me on it, just buy it and try it, and your skin will thank me.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Goat's milk soap is the gospel truth.
Don't question me on it, just buy it and try it, and your skin will thank me.

My mom is obsessed with that stuff, and it's really good for me because my skin is so sensitive. I don't get any rashes or headaches after I started using it.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My mom is obsessed with that stuff, and it's really good for me because my skin is so sensitive. I don't get any rashes or headaches after I started using it.

Mmhm.
It keeps my skin buttery soft and glowing, and doesn't dry me out like 99% of other soaps out there. It has a calm, unique scent to it that I love.
I'm so sorry that you have sensitive skin! Goat's milk is super good for that too; I know the brand 'Canus' has a sensitive version one if you need that extra insurance.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
The flea market has had those spray-on-lotion bottles lately for cheap.. and omgggg I use lotion SO much more often on my skin when I can just spray it on quickly and go. I usually slather on a handful of vaseline brand men's lotion because of the quick absorption after a shower, but them sprays.. <3 <3

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I am all about Korean skincare and makeup now.

I especially love Etude for makeup, which I raided when I was in South Korea because the store was just :wub: , and I like CosRX for skincare. CosRX makes really great beta and alpha hydroxy products that are alcohol free & good for treating acne or blemishes (ie discoloration). I am only use benzoyl peroxide lightly at night here & there to keep my skin clear now. The face washes are very gentle but get your makeup off too. You pretty much cannot go wrong with any moisturizer; for drugstore prices you get high quality ingredients, and none ever seem to clog my pores but leave me glowy and smooth. Lots of stuff has niaminicide in it too, which is an anti-inflammatory and also helps fade discoloration (it may be billed as skin whitening/brightening, but it means "evening out skin tone").

With most Korean brands, the lightest foundations work really well for me. Here in the US, light foundations are either too pink/flat beige if a neutral shade or look orange on me even when they claim to be yellow base. I have VERY strong olive undertones, yet am quite fair, and people assume olive = tanned. My hairdresser has noted how I have no pink tone in my skin, yet, I need to cover some surface redness from acne treatments and mild hyper-pigmentation. So sure, I can use green color corrector if in a pinch, but these foundation colors for pale Korean women are just perfect! :happy2:

Something about the formulas wear better on m oily, large pored skin too. I love the cushion pacts (short for compacts), as it makes foundation fast and easy to apply, and you get good coverage without a lot of product.

Raffaella

bon vivant
With most Korean brands, the lightest foundations work really well for me. Here in the US, light foundations are either too pink/flat beige if a neutral shade or look orange on me even when they claim to be yellow base. I have VERY strong olive undertones, yet am quite fair, and people assume olive = tanned. My hairdresser has noted how I have no pink tone in my skin, yet, I need to cover some surface redness from acne treatments and mild hyper-pigmentation. So sure, I can use green color corrector if in a pinch, but these foundation colors for pale Korean women are just perfect! :happy2:

How annoying is it that people always assume olive skin = tanned skin or golden undertones? It's a neutral skintone that has green in it, it appears ashy at times. I also struggle to find an appropriate shade for my olive skin tone, I always have to tell the make up artists what shade fits best.

I use Chantecaille future skin, they're both gel type formulas that are super lightweight but have buildable coverage.

Thank you so much for recommending this foundation! I can't stop gushing about it to other people (and Mecca MUAs). Best foundation by far! :wubbie:

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Thank you so much for recommending this foundation! I can't stop gushing about it to other people (and Mecca MUAs). Best foundation by far! :wubbie:

You are so welcome!!! it's my holy grail foundation and one of the only ones that actually MATCHES my skin :wubbie:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I am all about Korean skincare and makeup now.

I especially love Etude for makeup, which I raided when I was in South Korea because the store was just :wub: , and I like CosRX for skincare. CosRX makes really great beta and alpha hydroxy products that are alcohol free & good for treating acne or blemishes (ie discoloration). I am only use benzoyl peroxide lightly at night here & there to keep my skin clear now. The face washes are very gentle but get your makeup off too. You pretty much cannot go wrong with any moisturizer; for drugstore prices you get high quality ingredients, and none ever seem to clog my pores but leave me glowy and smooth. Lots of stuff has niaminicide in it too, which is an anti-inflammatory and also helps fade discoloration (it may be billed as skin whitening/brightening, but it means "evening out skin tone").

Something about the formulas wear better on m oily, large pored skin too. I love the cushion pacts (short for compacts), as it makes foundation fast and easy to apply, and you get good coverage without a lot of product.

Have you heard of Peach and Lily? They specialize in Korean products. I mentioned elsewhere that I feel consistently overwhelmed by the amount of products on the site, and the most basic regimine demo'ed on youtube seems to consist of a minimum of 8 products.

What were some essentials that you would recommend?

Found a pretty great/cheap/effective antiperspirant that has no excess fragrance, bells/whistles. I hate that 'baby powder shower fresh mystery mountain breeze floral sunshine shit' additive in all of them.

99942faa-277e-421c-b645-cce1451460b6_1.4213cf60a43202307b7058d51ff652a3.jpeg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Almay-Clear-Gel-Deodorant-2.25-oz/10451094

Seems to work just as well as the expensive "clinical strength" antiperspirants, as far as maintaining dryness/preventing odor.

Fuck yeah. Arm and Hammer fresh scent is my jam. I hate smelling like flowers or fruits. Arm and Hammer's has minimal fragrance, works and is like $2 at my grocery store.

--------------------------
To contribute, I recently got into Mac's InstaCurl Lash Mascara. I am a stubby eyelashed human. I also don't like mascara generally as it almost invariably gets in my eyes. Instacurl is rad because it makes my eyelashes look super long, and it has a customizeable brush so I don't really need an eyelash curler. Also, the applicator looks like a large like...dino claw dildo, which is kind of a perk in and of itself.

Fun0UNs.png

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Uh oh...you guys discovered my other know-it-all obsession (besides personality typology)....skin care ingredients. :blush:
Can we say, "tertiary relief hobbies"? :D

Have you tried Innisfree? They're a more affordable brand with pretty cute package design.

I went into an Innisfree store when in Seoul. I found their prices comparable to Etude (which I use more for makeup than skincare). Just like with skin care from other countries, there can be gimmicky ingredients, but the same basic good ones you will see over & over in similar products from Korea. That's kind of why I said that you can almost pick any moisturizer or product and it will be pretty good, and much better than anything in the same price range from the US. Most Korean brands tend to use emollients (read: ingredients which hold moisture to the skin, which serves as a protective barrier and will make you skin smoother/softer) which are not pore-clogging and often are soothing, so it is nice if you are acne prone but also sensitive (and wanting anti-aging...what a combo :dry: ).

Example - I see Innisfree has an "orchid lotion" which promises to even out skin tone (aka often called "brightening" or "whitening" in Korea) among other things, and it seems to credit this to some special orchid from JeJu, but really, the key ingredient for that claim is Arbutin, which is considered to even out skin tone better than, say, Vitamin C, which is often used in products sold in the US. The orchid extract is probably similar to "camellia sinensis leaf extract" (aka green tea), which is a great anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant & also used a lot in the US.

What I like about Korean skincare is how they use a lot of proven ingredients in one product and often avoid irritating ones. They are formulated to actually do what they say (barring expectations for miracles). So once you identify your skin needs, then look for products which claim to "treat" that and start noting what is commonly used; then you can find stand-out products that maybe have something a bit extra or whatever. You probably will notice a ton of products are essentially the same and it may come down to personal preference.

My other advice is to avoid products with high alcohol concentration (it will be high up on the list of ingredients). It is often used to aid absorption and as a solvent, but there are better, less irritating options and many Korean products use those options (ie Propanediol or Butylene Glycol, which seem like waaaaay better alternatives, from what I know). If it's towards the bottom of the list, then it's probably ok.

I am not an expert on ingredients, but I always read labels and will look up a lot of ingredients, so over time I have built a sense of what is "good" and what works for me specifically too.

Have you heard of Peach and Lily? They specialize in Korean products. I mentioned elsewhere that I feel consistently overwhelmed by the amount of products on the site, and the most basic regimine demo'ed on youtube seems to consist of a minimum of 8 products.

What were some essentials that you would recommend?

I think it depends on what your goal is... I haven't seen that site before & generally order from Cosmetic Love or Cupidrop (US shipping - cheaper/faster), but they have some similar products to what I have tried. Looks like a good option to order from. Memebox looks good too, and seems to have cheap/fast US shipping (?).

So an example of how to determine a better product... that site has an "aha & bha daily clean toner" by Miza that serves the same purpose as the BHA & AHA serums I get from CosRX (although they are separate products & this is one), but the CosRX is a little simpler and has a natural form of BHA (BHA = salicylic acid = white willow bark) which my skin seems to tolerate better. Even more importantly - the CosRX ones don't have alcohol (but some CosRX products DO). So those are little differences to look for when choosing a product.

Most ampoules*/emulsions/serums/etc are something between a toner and a moisturizer, and they may simply contain concentrated ingredients for a specific purpose and will absorb faster than moisturizers. These can be good for morning routines as the moisturizers are often pretty heavy and better for night. But again, it depends on your skin and what effect you desire. *Some ampoules seem really sticky and may be better for night.

If you are looking for anti-aging and/or have sensitive or dry skin, then snail mucin creams, collagen* creams, and honey + propolis creams are good options. Many of these will also include the hyped hyaluronic acid. Anything that has a lot of anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatories (often plant extracts) and vitamins is a good bet. The B vitamins, vitamin C & E are good to see in a list (look up the other names they go by too). I like to see licorice extract, niacinamide, allatonin, and green tea cuz they are very soothing (and niacinamide helps with discoloration).

* Skin won't really absorb the collagen, so it's not promoting collagen increase in skin. Instead, the collagen gives the cream a jelly texture that feels light and creates a protective, moisturizing barrier, IMO. This can have a plumping effect in its appearance. I find it wears well under makeup too, much better than silicone primers.

For a face wash, there are many PH balancing face washes, since apparently most water is not balanced, which is why it can leave your face dry/tight. So any gentle PH balancing face wash is a good option, IMO. Since face washes don't sit on your skin long (you obviously wash them off), then focus on the fancier ingredients for toners/emulsions/moisturizers, etc, as those actually absorb into your skin.

The reason I am talking ingredients is because, as I noted above, there will be many good products once you know what ingredients to look for. I hope that isn't overwhelming... :D

My regimen:
- Makeup remover (Night): DHC cleansing oil - this one happens to be olive oil & was originally a Japanese brand. Similar Korean products out there. I like cleansing oils for makeup removal, as long as they rinse clean.
- Facewash (Morning & Night): CosRX Low PH good morning gel cleanser
- Toners/Serums (Morning & Night): CosRX BHA blackhead power liquid & CosRX AHA Whitehead Power Liquid, sometimes Etude AC After Balm Cleanup (for active breakouts & hyper-pigmentation post breakout)
- Light Moisturizer (Morning) - Etude super collagen moisturizing cream
- Heavier/Layering Moisturizers (Night) - CosRX snail emucin and/or SCINIC honey ampoule
- Eyes: a vitamin c serum in morning, at night a vitamin c serum followed by a heavier eye cream (or just use a heavy moisturizer, which is all most eye creams are)

Maybe once a week I do a sleep pack (like a lightweight mask you wear overnight but without paper; it's like a moisturizer that leaves a film you have to wash off in morning) and/or a face mask (the actual paper mask you leave on your face for 20 min or so).

Last edited:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it depends on what your goal is... I haven't seen that site before & generally order from Cosmetic Love or Cupidrop (US shipping - cheaper/faster), but they have some similar products to what I have tried. Looks like a good option to order from. Memebox looks good too, and seems to have cheap/fast US shipping (?).

So an example of how to determine a better product... that site has an "aha & bha daily clean toner" by Miza that serves the same purpose as the BHA & AHA serums I get from CosRX (although they are separate products & this is one), but the CosRX is a little simpler and has a natural form of BHA (BHA = salicylic acid = white willow bark) which my skin seems to tolerate better. Even more importantly - the CosRX ones don't have alcohol (but some CosRX products DO). So those are little differences to look for when choosing a product.

Most ampoules*/emulsions/serums/etc are something between a toner and a moisturizer, and they may simply contain concentrated ingredients for a specific purpose and will absorb faster than moisturizers. These can be good for morning routines as the moisturizers are often pretty heavy and better for night. But again, it depends on your skin and what effect you desire. *Some ampoules seem really sticky and may be better for night.

If you are looking for anti-aging and/or have sensitive or dry skin, then snail mucin creams, collagen* creams, and honey + propolis creams are good options. Many of these will also include the hyped hyaluronic acid. Anything that has a lot of anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatories (often plant extracts) and vitamins is a good bet. The B vitamins, vitamin C & E are good to see in a list (look up the other names they go by too). I like to see licorice extract, niacinamide, allatonin, and green tea cuz they are very soothing (and niacinamide helps with discoloration).

* Skin won't really absorb the collagen, so it's not promoting collagen increase in skin. Instead, the collagen gives the cream a jelly texture that feels light and creates a protective, moisturizing barrier, IMO. This can have a plumping effect in its appearance. I find it wears well under makeup too, much better than silicone primers.

For a face wash, there are many PH balancing face washes, since apparently most water is not balanced, which is why it can leave your face dry/tight. So any gentle PH balancing face wash is a good option, IMO. Since face washes don't sit on your skin long (you obviously wash them off), then focus on the fancier ingredients for toners/emulsions/moisturizers, etc, as those actually absorb into your skin.

The reason I am talking ingredients is because, as I noted above, there will be many good products once you know what ingredients to look for. I hope that isn't overwhelming... :D

My regimen:
- Makeup remover (Night): DHC cleansing oil - this one happens to be olive oil & was originally a Japanese brand. Similar Koran products out there. I like cleansing oils for makeup removal, as long as they rinse clean.
- Facewash (Morning & Night): CosRX Low PH good morning gel cleanser
- Toners/Serums (Morning & Night): CosRX BHA blackhead power liquid & CosRX AHA Whitehead Power Liquid, sometimes Etude AC After Balm Cleanup (for active breakouts & hyper-pigmentation post breakout)
- Light Moisturizer (Morning) - Etude super collagen moisturizing cream
- Heavier/Layering Moisturizers (Night) - CosRX snail emucin and/or SCINIC honey ampoule
- Eyes: a vitamin c serum in morning, at night a vitamin c serum followed by a heavier eye cream (or just use a heavy moisturizer, which is all most eye creams are)

Maybe once a week I do a sleep pack (like a lightweight mask you wear overnight but without paper; it's like a moisturizer that leaves a film you have to wash off in morning) and/or a face mask (the actual paper mask you leave on your face for 20 min or so).

OMG YASSS QUEEENNNNN!!!! :happy2:

I love all of this. I have questions.

I think what I've been looking for is like some sort of way to organize how to think about all these products. I'd say the Western model is the five steps of three steps in the AM

1) Exfoliate/Cleanse
2) Hydrate
3) Protect)

and two steps in the PM

1)Cleanse/Tone
2)Regenerate [Mask or overnight product]

But there's just many categories of things in Korean beauty that I'm not familiar with, so I don't know if it follows the same pattern. From living there, would you say the basic regime is the same? If not, what kind of products exist there that you don't really see here.

Also what is this and does it work?

sjmejtE.png

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I think what I've been looking for is like some sort of way to organize how to think about all these products. I'd say the Western model is the five steps of three steps in the AM

1) Exfoliate/Cleanse
2) Hydrate
3) Protect)

and two steps in the PM

1)Cleanse/Tone

But there's just many categories of things in Korean beauty that I'm not familiar with, so I don't know if it follows the same pattern. From living there, would you say the basic regime is the same? If not, what kind of products exist there that you don't really see here.

sjmejtE.png

One thing I can say about OA's list is the cleansing oil. I never though it would work as well as it does but - it does and I've seen more and more brands - even Oil of Olay and other drugstore brands are getting down on this. I personally like Philosophy. Apply it to dry skin and massage it in, eyes, anywhere you have makeup. Rub a little water in and it rinses clean. No greasy feeling, nothing at all. In the winter, I only use it to clean my face. Neutrogena makes a light cleansing oil, more for oily or prone to breakout skin.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION]: Could you give me a recommendation for an eye serum, one that is probably suitable for Asian skin? This is probably a silly question, but do you think eye serum really works?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION]: Could you give me a recommendation for an eye serum, one that is probably suitable for Asian skin? This is probably a silly question, but do you think eye serum really works?

I think they have temporary effects at least, and there are a lot of claims backed with studies, as with most skin care ingredients :newwink: . The serums are usually made for the whole face, but some may be specifically for the eye area.

I'm not sure what "Asian skin" refers to...what is your particular goal?

I use a vitamin c serum with hyaluronic acid/sodium hyaluronate because I want to brighten and firm the area, as well as plump it (I tend to get hollowed out eyes, not so much bags). I think enough sleep, water, exercise, healthy eating, and avoiding too much sun/using sun screen are probably more important than products in the long-run.

I'm using a vitamin c serum by Sculpt right now, which I like, but it is not a Korean brand. FYI, vitamin c serums have to be stored in a cool, dark place & the container should be dark glass. Once the product turns brownish, it is spoiled.

I am looking at Wishtrend's 21.5 Vitamin C serum because it actually tells you the concentration of vitamin c serum in it. I am not sure if 20% Vitamin C is okay for eye area though...will have to look into that.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

1) Exfoliate/Cleanse
2) Hydrate
3) Protect)

and two steps in the PM

1)Cleanse/Tone

sjmejtE.png

I'm not a super linear person, so I guess I don't think that way :D

The general rule is to apply things in order of heaviness, after cleansing. Steps 3-5 may be about needs/desired results. Morning/night difference may be about what products combine better & perhaps lighter/less shiny moisture for day. In daytime, Korean skin care means using sunscreen too. I notice primers aren't as big for makeup there.

Something like:
1) remove makeup
2) cleanse/exfoliate
3) watery toners - often a treatment (ie bha or aha or other stuff for acne or brightening, etc)
4) serums - often a gelly texture, a treatment of some kind too (often anti-aging, has vitamins and extracts)
5) ampoules/emulsions - often more creamy/sticky and for similar uses as serums, but may double as a moisturizer
6) moisturizer - heavier lotions and creams to moisturize/protect (with spf for day)
7) daytime - optional bb/cc cream (aka tinted moisturizer loaded with vitamins/extracts) with spf or a spf if not in your moisturizer, may act as a primer too, followed by makeup

That product looks like it will moisturize a lot with brightening effects from its various plant extracts. After water, it has Glycerin, which is pretty classic for moisturizing. I think charcoal is supposed to draw out impurities or something (not sure if it works...maybe similar to sulphur which is used to treat acne...?), but the collagen powder wont be really absorbed to add collagen in the skin (it's not that simple, sadly)...instead it is going to make a gelatin texture, which can give smoothing & moisturizing effects (at least until you wash it off).

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure what "Asian skin" refers to...what is your particular goal?

It's only because I'm Asian :laugh:

I've just started using this Green Tea Seed serum from Innisfree. It's rather inexpensive. I'm trying twice a day now, and apply a little bit of it under the eyes too. Let's see if it feels different after a few weeks.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not a super linear person, so I guess I don't think that way :D

The general rule is to apply things in order of heaviness, after cleansing. Steps 3-5 may be about needs/desired results. Morning/night difference may be about what products combine better & perhaps lighter/less shiny moisture for day. In daytime, Korean skin care means using sunscreen too. I notice primers aren't as big for makeup there.

Something like:
1) remove makeup
2) cleanse/exfoliate
3) watery toners - often a treatment (ie bha or aha or other stuff for acne or brightening, etc)
4) serums - often a gelly texture, a treatment of some kind too (often anti-aging, has vitamins and extracts)
5) ampoules/emulsions - often more creamy/sticky and for similar uses as serums, but may double as a moisturizer
6) moisturizer - heavier lotions and creams to moisturize/protect (with spf for day)
7) daytime - optional bb/cc cream (aka tinted moisturizer loaded with vitamins/extracts) with spf or a spf if not in your moisturizer, may act as a primer too, followed by makeup

That product looks like it will moisturize a lot with brightening effects from its various plant extracts. After water, it has Glycerin, which is pretty classic for moisturizing. I think charcoal is supposed to draw out impurities or something (not sure if it works...maybe similar to sulphur which is used to treat acne...?), but the collagen powder wont be really absorbed to add collagen in the skin (it's not that simple, sadly)...instead it is going to make a gelatin texture, which can give smoothing & moisturizing effects (at least until you wash it off).

Thank you for this post. It was really helpful. I finally have my shit together enough to try out either Peach and Lily or the website you posted. I'll let you know how it goes.

Re: collagen: I've heard that retinol can be an incredible product for anti-aging and stimulating collagen production in the skin. My dermatologist recommended one to me called Exuviance because the product also helps fade acne scars. It's pricey but also very good.